Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A BROADWAY/HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS  (Read 14594 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: A BROADWAY/HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

Time Warner was completely spazzing out and finally went down - it's up now, though.  In fact, if it hadn't been I was about to grab the laptop and go over to Panera to write and post the notes.  Hopefully, we'll remain working and happy, Time Warner-wise.  I might go over to Jerry's and get some chicken soup for dinner.  I had chicken tenders and fries for lunch at Doug Haverty's house.

About an hour ago, Time-Warner tweeted the following:

"#TimeWarnerCable customers in #SoCal.  Engineers are still working to restore Internet service. I regret that I do not have an ETA yet. ^PS"

And it actually looks like their Help Desk is staying open past their usual business hours until the issue is resolved.

Him... our Optimum wireless kept dropping out this evening
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »

well sleepy time for me
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »

Well... I truly am sick and tired. So...

Goodnight.

*Thank You for the continuing Get Well Vibes. I'm sure they'll be working their magic overnight as I sleep in my own bed for the first time in a week and a half.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

I don't know if we're out of the woods yet - it's still hiccuping - we can only hope because Panera closes at nine.  If it's after that, then I'd have to actually try writing the notes on an iPad from my car or something - that would be interesting.  Not.  I'm too tired to play THAT game, so let's just hope it holds.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »

There was a cretin on the Film Score Monthly board - one of these odd obsessives that troll boards like that from time to time - this guy's obsession is Lost Horizon - not the Capra, but the Ross Hunter production, the musical.  Now, even people who find it a guilty pleasure know it's terrible.  I always WANT to like it, but it's terrible, mostly thanks to the ham-fisted and ponderous direction of Charles Jarrott - in fact, I have never seen a Charles Jarrott film that I cared for, but maybe the whole problem rested with Mr. Hunter.  Add to that the horrendously bad choreography of Hermes Pan, along with the weirdly performed but somehow somewhat likable songs and you have one of the most critically-reviled box-office disasters ever.

But this guy LOVES IT!  This guy thinks it wasn't a box-office disaster overseas (it was), this guy thinks it got rave reviews (he managed to find four to post, none of which were raves, but were decent, which just goes to show you - one of the decent ones was by Arthur Knight, the man who HATED The First Nudie Musical, so that puts everything into perspective) - and because I dared to disagree (nicely) with him (as did others)?  He began calling me a bitter soundtrack queen.  Then he stated (in response to someone else who hated it) that Mame was a movie for old ladies and homosexuals.  That comment rankled a whole slew of people.  And then he wouldn't stop - homophobic comments hurled in my direction - I don't mind being called gay or whatever people want to call me, but the moderator was warning him and he still couldn't stop - I finally called him a twit and the moderator asked me not to do it, so I stopped.  But he wouldn't and then he called the moderator a queen.  That was that.  He was banned.  I now have his e-mail address, thanks to friends in high places.  Unfortunately, but predictably, it's a hotmail address, otherwise I could have some fun :)

I suspect anyone who has to make those kinds of gay-baiting comments and who LOVES Lost Horizon The Musical, well, I somehow think he's one of those self-loathing people like Harold in Boys In The Band.  That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it.
He should be forced to listen to Liv Ullmann sing "All the World Is a Circle" (or whatever that horror was called) on replay for 3 months of solitary confinement.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

Vibes to all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:54 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »

Well all I can say is thank god I made it through this week.  It wasn't easy.   I'm still way behind at the office, but I was so stressed out this week I just hit a point where I had to get done what HAD to be done and leave it at that. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  I may work at the office part of the time when phones aren't ringing and people aren't coming in and I'm not supposed to be in 4 different places.  I have writing to do and I need quiet to do it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »

Today I got a haircut.  That helped me feel better.  Last night I got 7 1/2 hours of sleep.  that helped too.   I need to go to sleep now.  Edith's husband is a HVAC guy and he's coming in the moringing to service my furnace and to fix the outdoor intake and out put vents so they don't clog up with snow and  kill the furnace in the middle of the coldest night of the year like last year.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

Unfortunately he'll be here at 8:00 AM. So, I better get some sleep. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »

Went to Gelson's and got a teeny bit of chopped liver and some matzos.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »

Then I watched more of Metropolis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »

Metropolis, a film made in 1927, looks sharper than the transfer of The Last Airbender.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »

I have never been able to get through METROPOLIS.

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2010, 11:31:36 PM »

Congratulations TD!

Congratulations Miss Molly Brown!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up