Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES AKIMBO  (Read 11766 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: NOTES AKIMBO
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »

Recovery vibes to Michael S. and td!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2010, 11:48:42 AM »

Good morning, all! I went to bed around 10:30 and slept solidly until around 4 am. Then, I was wide awake for what seemed eternity. I finally passed out but I was to tired to get up ......................................

Sorry to hear about your early-morning drinking problem.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »

I am back from a good day with my colleague Curtis at Toyland, and on my way home I've purchased a new watchband for Mickey as well as my dinner. It's been a god day so far.

I have some work on my Babes in Toyland and Lady of the Slipper reports to update and that is it for Toyland work today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »

And now, a little Opera break...

I have never seen anyone hold a microphone that close to their mouth and not get spit-sounds.

Very nice, but those eyebrows!  They all look like Brooke Shields.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2010, 12:02:05 PM »

Reaction to the KRINGLE LADIES parody with the instrumental was good, so I went ahead and did a full recording of the parody, with the vocal by our neighbor Leenya Rideout.  if you know of anyone who'd like it, hope you'll pass the link on to them

Here's KRINGLE LADIES:  PUT FIVE GOLDEN RINGS ON IT, a parody of SINGLE LADIES  - (I have no idea just why YouTube is putting pop-up ads on it; we get nothing from those ads!) - parody sung here by Leenya Rideout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPxWRC6AWk

Very cute, Fred

Ahhh, New York!  Where else can you live that if you need a great singer or an Oscar winning actor, you just knock on the neighbor's door.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

My apologies!  DR Jose was was supposed to be part of this post.  Someone rudely removed it!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2010, 12:07:49 PM »

I am back from a good day with my colleague Curtis at Toyland, and on my way home I've purchased a new watchband for Mickey as well as my dinner.

You bought a watchband for your dinner?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »

Someone stop me, I think my brain has turned to mush.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »

If you want to see what our weather is like here in SW Ohio, see if ESPN is carrying the Cincinnati/Pitt game in your area.  It's being played in Cincinnati, just 30 miles or so from our home.

Ginny, I have been watching that game and I was wondering how far it was from your home.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »

elmore has left the building, but fortunately FJL and Keven H have arrived!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

Jump in any time guys!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »

Is LOMBARDI on Broadway or (on) Off-Broadway?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »

If you want to see what our weather is like here in SW Ohio, see if ESPN is carrying the Cincinnati/Pitt game in your area.  It's being played in Cincinnati, just 30 miles or so from our home.

Ginny, I have been watching that game and I was wondering how far it was from your home.

Did you hear them talking about the guy in the Bearcat mascot suit getting thrown out of the stadium for throwing snowballs?  UC had to use their back-up mascot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »

I am craving some chocolate.

Like a Hershey bar or some Godiva truffles.

DR TCB, I purchased a watchband for my Mickey Mouse watch.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »

Did you hear them talking about the guy in the Bearcat mascot suit getting thrown out of the stadium for throwing snowballs?  UC had to use their back-up mascot.

Yes, I heard that.  I think it was really stupid on both sides.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »

Hello everyone.
I am back.
It was a very nasty case of food poisoning.
Lost six pounds. (want to keep all six off)

~~~Continued Recovery Vibes for DR Michael!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »

Reaction to the KRINGLE LADIES parody with the instrumental was good, so I went ahead and did a full recording of the parody, with the vocal by our neighbor Leenya Rideout.  if you know of anyone who'd like it, hope you'll pass the link on to them

Here's KRINGLE LADIES:  PUT FIVE GOLDEN RINGS ON IT, a parody of SINGLE LADIES  - (I have no idea just why YouTube is putting pop-up ads on it; we get nothing from those ads!) - parody sung here by Leenya Rideout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPxWRC6AWk

Very funny, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »

Good Afternoon!

It's getting cold(er) in NYC.

And that's all for this post.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »

Is LOMBARDI on Broadway or (on) Off-Broadway?

It is running ON Broadway at Circle in the Square.  -And I have to say that their marketing tie-in with the NFL is genius, well, at least a very smart business move.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »

My apologies!  DR Jose was was supposed to be part of this post.  Someone rudely removed it!

No worries, DR TCB. I just figured it had to do something with the difference in time zones. ;D

-Besides, I really am feeling almost back to normal.  I suspect that whatever I got hit with last week when I was home was something I had been fighting off for weeks already.  I'm just glad it wasn't the flu.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

Before last night's performance, Christine, our stage manager, took pictures and posted this one on Facebook:

I'm sitting at the infamous light board...but it's working great now!  Behind us is Matt, the sound guy.  He's done some pretty cool sound effects.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »

Ginny, I am amazed at what libraries discard these days.  I thought they were supposed to be our repositories for our literature and history.

So did my generation of librarians, DR Charles Pogue.  I'm not a "paper only" traditionalist - a lot of technology is really nifty - but there's so much being lost because its value is not recognized.
I'm reading a book called "The Shallows" in which the author argues that for the past 550 years, the printed word was at the center of society. Things are in the process of shifting, and rapidly, to the Internet.

I'd still rather curl up with a book than a laptop.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »

Watching an oldie called "Come September." Someone should have warned Rock Hudson against dancing. At least on film.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »

Ginny, I am amazed at what libraries discard these days.  I thought they were supposed to be our repositories for our literature and history.

So did my generation of librarians, DR Charles Pogue.  I'm not a "paper only" traditionalist - a lot of technology is really nifty - but there's so much being lost because its value is not recognized.
I'm reading a book called "The Shallows" in which the author argues that for the past 550 years, the printed word was at the center of society. Things are in the process of shifting, and rapidly, to the Internet.

My sister got me a magnet of this. :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:20:06 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »

Back from various and sundried errands and whatnot.  Picked up a few packages and an important envelope, but NOT the errant and truant package I have been patiently waiting for - this was the amazon.fr package that got returned for no reason by US customs.  They refunded, I reordered, and now I'm concerned that the new package is getting returned for no reason.  Hopefully Monday. 

John G.

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »

My sister got me a magnet of this. :D
:D
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »

Then I had to open a paypal claim for some jerk eBay seller - I'd made a little purchase - I was worried the item would sell so I asked the seller if he'd just sell it for his opening price and he shut the auction down and did - sent me a money request via paypal and that was that.  I had a question about the item and I also wanted to know when it was shipping.  I got no response to my first e-mail, sent through eBay.  He did respond to my second e-mail sent through eBay saying he hadn't gotten the first one, that it had gone into a spam folder and been automatically deleted from his iPad for space reasons.  Um, I don't think so - why would anyone need to delete any spam automatically for space reasons???  It makes no sense, especially as the jerk has a gmail account.  He asked what my questions were - this time I wrote him back via eBay AND his direct gmail account.  No response.  I have written him six times now to no response.  I used a people search and got several addresses on him and two phone numbers - one is disconnected and the other rings incessantly.  So, I opened the dispute - what that does is automatically put a hold on the funds I sent him until we resolve - that means if he already withdrew the funds they will place a hold by using his secondary source of funds, i.e. his bank account or cc.  Hopefully, that will finally get a response out of this putz and I will not resolve until the item is in my hands and he's answered the question I asked about it.  And that's why I like paypal.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »

And now, a little Opera break...

I have never seen anyone hold a microphone that close to their mouth and not get spit-sounds.

Very nice, but those eyebrows!  They all look like Brooke Shields.

lol.  yes, very nice. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »

There is a "civil war" going on in Oregon, the Ducks vs the Beavers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up