Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES AKIMBO  (Read 11759 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: NOTES AKIMBO
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »

DR Ben - Congrats on your new radiators and your new floor!

So... Do you think your radiator repairmen could come take a look at my radiators? We're still waiting for some repairs to be made that were requested two winters ago. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »

PAGE SIX JOSE FELICIANO DANCE!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »

And now for some exciting news for this former actor.

I have a friend who teaches playwrighting at NYU. We went to school together at U of Minnesota some 35 years ago. He's a director now (he was an actor) and he does a great job of teaching playwrighting to new students. Even though I'm not active in the business anymore he still considers me an actor and has used me in his semester finals for a few years now. He has professional actors come in and read his students' plays so they can hear how the finished work sounds. Whenever a play calls for an older (if you're 19-22 then 57 is old) gentleman he will try to use me. I read a play for one of his students last week and it went very well. I just got an e-mail from him asking if I was free this Tuesday to read again and I'll be reading with Kathleen Chalfant! For those of you who don't know, she's an amazing actor, having starred in Wit Off-Broadway, in the original production of Angels in America and many other things on and off Broadway and in regional theatres around the country. I'm very excited!

That's really cool, DR Ben! Don't forget your camera!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »

Ah, now there's one that resonates for me:  One Professor's Fantasy

HA! :)

Maybe we should DR-source a "You Should Join HHW" xtranormal animation. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »

Tonight is our Annual Holiday Party.  Everything is ready to go.  I'm just finishing the party favor which like in years past, is a homegrown CD of Holiday music.  The food is ready, the punch is made, the lights are on.  The guests shall arrive starting at 6:00pm  If I remember to take pictures, I'll post some.

DR Matthew - I hope you and your guests are having/had a splendid and festive time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »

Oh....

It's snowing in Richmond.

It's not snowing in New York City. -Although, we may get a flurry tomorrow night. I hope. I really hope. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »

Back from a nice supper at the Daily Grill - I had the Tuscan chicken breast - it's really a double breast, which really isn't all that much food, but I could only finish half before I thought I was going to explode - of course, I had a chopped salad before, so maybe that did me in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »

We had a very busy day in Chelsea!

As I mentioned earlier the repairman was scheduled to come and make some adjustments to our very, very, very old radiators.

They arrived on time but the building handyman had not yet arrived from New Jersey so they were delayed by a half hour. Then the fun began. It took from about 10:15 until almost 4:30 to replace the valves on both of our radiators. Did I mention that they are very, very, very old.

We have, basically, a two room apartment w/a small galley kitchen and a bathroom. There is a radiator in both rooms. Since they were both being worked on we couldn't escape to the other room and we really couldn't leave. Problems included the new valves did not fit the dimensions of the very, very, very old radiators so the legs on the very, very, very old radiators had to be sawed down. They finished the radiators, turned the heat in the building back on and then took their lunch break. At this point we went out to get some food as well. When we came back the heat was coming back through the building and the handyman and the radiator repairmen needed to check that the seals were good and that the radiators were not still leaking (that was why they needed work, they were leaking into our downstairs neighbors ceilings). Bad news, both of them were leaking. That's when they decided to saw the legs down. That took a good 45 mintues to an hour and then they had to reconnect the radiators. Once that was done the heat was turned back on and finally, success, no leaks in our radiators. Now we seem to have some control over the heat as well. We never turned our radiators on because, as those of you who have been to our apartment in the winter know, this place can get so hot we have to open windows. Now that the valves have been replaced, if the heat is turned off we won't get residual heat. Hooray! We won't have to spend the winter with the windows open a crack or more.

One of the good things about the day is that a portion of our bedroom floor that was in bad shape was replaced as part of the radiator repair. It had been in bad shape for a few years but it wasn't dangerous and we didn't really walk much near the radiator so there was no pressing need to replace the floor boards but the handyman said the building owner decided we needed to fix the floor before the radiators could be put back in place because the wood was weak. It's fine with us. We now have nice floorboards and a strong floor again.

After the workmen left we spent another two hours putting everything back in order. Of course, it will soon be put back asunder because we will be putting up the Christmas tree tomorrow and Monday.

It's been a long day and I'm glad it's over!

Congrats on the new radiators, Ben!  And great news about the reading!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2010, 11:51:27 PM »

Great picture George.   ;)

Thanks, Sam...it's great show to work on and has really been fun. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

Ah, now there's one that resonates for me:  One Professor's Fantasy

Funny!

George

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2010, 11:58:53 PM »

At tonight's show, a couple walked out during the middle of the first act!  We found out at intermission that the husband got violently ill and HAD to get out of there before...well, you know! :o

George

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »

AND Chris, the guy playing Marley said that four cars left at intermission. :-\ What's that about?  It's a great show!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up