Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY  (Read 47202 times)

Jennifer

Re: 'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »

Jennifer -  is it likely there would have been more time with Santa if not for the storm?

I'm 99% sure it had nothing to do with the storm. That is how she planned it. By the time we left at 10:30am the storm was just starting. And it wasn't supposed to start till the afternoon.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

I'm getting a barrage of text messages from my dining and show companion last night - apparently she felt "humiliated" because at one point this singer asked me if I was married to the pretty lady I was with - I said no.  She asked if we'd soon be married - I said, I don't think so.  Apparently this was humiliating.  I just said sorry, but sometimes my brain doesn't think fast enough to come up with the witty aside when I'm dragged on the stage (when I don't want to be) and asked questions like that.  In hindsight, I should have said "I plead the 5th" - I'm good after the fact, but you sort of get what you get when I'm dragged on the stage.

I don't understand this. What's your friend's problem? If you are not married to her, what's her problem with your saying what you did? How was she humiliated? I see nothing humiliating in stating that you most likely would not be marrying your date.

I also don't exactly understand this.  Unless this female friend is someone who BK is dating or someone who is in love with BK why would she care if he said they were not getting married.

The only thing I can think of is that if this woman is slightly insecure, perhaps when BK said "um of course not" it made it seem like she was undesirable.  I guess the answer should have been "i only wish she would marry me!"

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »

DR Jennifer - As long as your niece had a good time this morning, that's all that matters.

-And just what kind of storm was moving in? Did the rest of the people in attendance start to clear out and head home too?

There were only one or two others who were rushing to leave I don't think the others knew the storm had started. Someone had called my sister to tell her.  There was supposed to be snow (maybe 5-10cms) but turning to freezing rain in the afternoon and then rain later. It's all up in the air how messy it will be. But the freezing rain started at 10am. And my sis does not like driving in freezing rain. It wasn't that bad. It turned back to snow after we arrived at her house.

I stayed there for another hour. When i came home it was snowing. If they had just plowed the streets it would have been fine. the main road, one lane was plowed. So that was good. But I took another road I don't usually take. And it wasn't plowed.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »

That was a nice walk. -Even if it wasn't around The Reservoir.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »

DR Jane re: facebook. I am not sure why. But  when you look at most people under "info" it says there contact information is facebook/their name. But for you it has your yahoo email.

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »

I can't wait for the TAR finale tonight. Will history be made?  The team I want to win almost never wins.  As they come down to the wire I wonder which team will gut will go for.  I am unsure between the two all female teams. I really don't want the other team to win.  Although to be fair, they have been really competitive lately. And they are playing hard (attributes I like). I just don't care for them.

I wonder if they will be allowed to show the finale here at 8pm. I guess I shall see in a few hours.

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

Sunday morning greetings!  As you may have guessed, we did not go to Lima today.  When my alarm went off at 5:30, Richard discovered that last night's rain had frozen and our driveway was solid ice.  He told me to go back to sleep and he'd get up at 7 and call the church's senior warden.  When he did that, it had snowed on top of the ice, both here and in Lima, so the deal was sealed.  There's kind of a lull in the weather at the moment, but the predictions are for substantial snow later today into tomorrow.  Is it spring yet?

Does that mean there weren't any services or does someone else lead it?

DR Jane, if they know in advance that Fr. Richard will not be there the lay reader can do a Morning Prayer service (no communion), but with a last minute decision and nasty weather there as well as here, services were just cancelled today.

And I am so glad we didn't go.  I usually drive home and the snow has really picked up in intensity throughout the afternoon.  It would not have been a fun trip.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »

DR JohnG - Will you be trying out any more new restaurants soon? Or cookie and cake recipes? ;)
All the time. Any type of recipe you interested in? I'm making Mom's Tennessee Jam Cake tomorrow because it needs to sit a few days (actually about two weeks) before it's at its best.

And I just saw "Tangled," so I'm going to try to find and/or develop a hazelnut soup, though I think mine will be without parsnips.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »

Here's said FOOTAGE of the Metrodome Collapse.

:o
Thanks for posting that. I never would have seen it otherwise. And while it is likely to be costly to repair, the images were really pretty cool.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »

Just saw "Tangled" this afternoon. Good fun. But I prefer the old-fashioned drawing. These 3-D style (I saw it in 2-D) characters look sickly and strange to me. I liked the script, but I preferred the visuals of the "The Princess and the Frog."
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »

From Cilla:
You may have it hidden, but you will still be able to see it.  You need to have someone who is not a facebook friend to check it for you

It should be hidden from friends as well.  Can you see it?

When I go to privacy settings it has four options:
Everyone   Friends of Friends   Friends Only   Other (what the heck is other!)

I have my contact info set at Other

Others = You've already customized your Privacy settings according to your own preferences and not FB's.

LOL I have no idea what this means.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

Jose's post sent me into giggles.  We are cleaning out our liqueur cabinet.  There is way too much stuff in there.  I decided to taste each of the whiskey bottles to determine what I like and don't like.  My conclusion, we have way to many open bottles of whiskey & not one bottle of Crown Royal.  Way too much that little tastes added up to too much whiskey for me to drink on an empty stomach, and I didn't like most of them. 

I then tasted some Glenlivet which I enjoyed very much & think a couple of the whiskeys destroyed my taste buds & it is possible I might like some of the whiskeys I thought I didn't like.

John G.

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »

Here's a recipe for Green Olive Beef Tenderloin from an acquaintance who writes cookbooks. Perfect for any holiday meal:

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/12/rebecca-rathers-green-olive-beef-tenderloin-a-christmas-tradition/
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »

Yes Jane, I can see it

Thanks.  Other must not mean private.  I need to figure out how to change that.  Anyone can send me a message through FB. 

Jane

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »

DR Jane re: facebook. I am not sure why. But  when you look at most people under "info" it says there contact information is facebook/their name. But for you it has your yahoo email.

Thanks.  I found some people have both.  I thought I had kept it private.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

Sunday morning greetings!  As you may have guessed, we did not go to Lima today.  When my alarm went off at 5:30, Richard discovered that last night's rain had frozen and our driveway was solid ice.  He told me to go back to sleep and he'd get up at 7 and call the church's senior warden.  When he did that, it had snowed on top of the ice, both here and in Lima, so the deal was sealed.  There's kind of a lull in the weather at the moment, but the predictions are for substantial snow later today into tomorrow.  Is it spring yet?

Does that mean there weren't any services or does someone else lead it?

DR Jane, if they know in advance that Fr. Richard will not be there the lay reader can do a Morning Prayer service (no communion), but with a last minute decision and nasty weather there as well as here, services were just cancelled today.

And I am so glad we didn't go.  I usually drive home and the snow has really picked up in intensity throughout the afternoon.  It would not have been a fun trip.

Thanks, I was curious.  I'm sure the congregation would prefer you don't travel if it isn't safe.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »

DR JohnG - Will you be trying out any more new restaurants soon? Or cookie and cake recipes? ;)
All the time. Any type of recipe you interested in? I'm making Mom's Tennessee Jam Cake tomorrow because it needs to sit a few days (actually about two weeks) before it's at its best.

I had to look this up.  It sounds yummy.

Laura

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »

Elmore, if you want to adopt a kitten, I would suggest going to the shelter or to a mobile adoption unit and meeting the kitten. By the way, kittens are in great demand now. Any kittens there will be adopted. Summertime is when you will save a life.

Laura

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

I told the foster coordinator that Spats got adopted. She will let me know when she has the next one ready for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »

Back from an errand and whatnot - we're going to be putting more Brain clips up on YouTube - from the original LACC production - although there were several changes after that production and I'm not using anything where those changes were made.

John G.

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

Back from an errand and whatnot - we're going to be putting more Brain clips up on YouTube - from the original LACC production - although there were several changes after that production and I'm not using anything where those changes were made.
Sounds great. Can't wait  to see them.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »

I told the foster coordinator that Spats got adopted. She will let me know when she has the next one ready for me.

No holiday break for you?  It would be nice if there aren't any kittens that need you to foster them.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »

Can you still see my address?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »

Feel better, my friend!

HEALTH VIBES TO ELMORE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2010, 04:27:19 PM »

Health vibes to elmore from me too!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

I've had some matzoh ball soup, taken my meds, and I am ready for bed. My eyes are not enjoying the light and I will probably be asleep within the next hour.

DR TCB, thanks for the vibes!
Elmore, if you want to adopt a kitten, I would suggest going to the shelter or to a mobile adoption unit and meeting the kitten. By the way, kittens are in great demand now. Any kittens there will be adopted. Summertime is when you will save a life.

DR Laura, I appreciate all the advice you nd cillaliz can give. I'm not adopting a kitten this month but I am having a lot of fun prepping for it. My neighbor Judy works with several animal rescue efforts and I'll talk to her as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2010, 04:31:08 PM »

Health vibes to elmore from me too!

Thanks, DR FJL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »

And I just saw "Tangled," so I'm going to try to find and/or develop a hazelnut soup, though I think mine will be without parsnips.

I would prefer mine without hazelnuts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »

Just saw "Tangled" this afternoon. Good fun. But I prefer the old-fashioned drawing. These 3-D style (I saw it in 2-D) characters look sickly and strange to me. I liked the script, but I preferred the visuals of the "The Princess and the Frog."

I think the leading male character is a hottie!  Can you say that about a cartoon character?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2010, 05:04:33 PM »

One more
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up