Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY  (Read 47197 times)

Ginny

Re: 'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

How much snow have you had so far, Ginny?

My car, parked out on the street, appears to have about 4 inches piled up on it.  Our county is on a Level 1 snow emergency.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2010, 06:31:51 PM »

Glad you're safe and warm inside

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »

YEAH! to the winners of TAR

FJL

« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »

Saw the film of the play ZOMBIE today.  Our friends Tom Caruso and Bill Connington are the director and writer-star - the source material is a novella by Joyce Carol Oates, and she joined Bill and Tom for a talkback after the short film.  I'd never seen Ms. Oates live before, and it was very exciting to hear her speak.

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »

Four inches doesn't sound like a lot of snow, but it's supposed to blow and drift overnight.  I, too, am glad we're all here at home.  Rob and I trimmed the Christmas tree this afternoon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »

OHHHH  can't wait for the next TAR...  past nonwinners get a chance to do it again!!  Feb 20

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:34 PM »

Four inches doesn't sound like a lot of snow, but it's supposed to blow and drift overnight.  I, too, am glad we're all here at home.  Rob and I trimmed the Christmas tree this afternoon.

4 1/2 inches is all we got, but the wind was the problem. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

OHHHH  can't wait for the next TAR...  past nonwinners get a chance to do it again!!  Feb 20

YES!! "Unfinished Business" -Although, I lost track of how many teams from this just-finished season are competing again.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »

I wish I had a Christmas tree.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »

Last nights video of Henrietta and Merna scared me so much, I have only now had the courage to check HHW again!

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »

However, I LOVED the video of Turkey, Lurkey Time...reminds me so much of the TV specials we used to see when I was a little kid!

And now I must know who those 3 gals are, what they look like now, and what there entire life from then until now has been like.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2010, 06:51:49 PM »

DR JohnG - Will you be trying out any more new restaurants soon? Or cookie and cake recipes? ;)
All the time. Any type of recipe you interested in? I'm making Mom's Tennessee Jam Cake tomorrow because it needs to sit a few days (actually about two weeks) before it's at its best.

Well... I was just hoping that all your recipe tasting and testing wasn't the cause of your acid reflux.
Thanks for the concern. It was a bit too much chocolate and the caffeine did it. Also wrecked my sleep for a couple of days.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »

Saw the film of the play ZOMBIE today.  Our friends Tom Caruso and Bill Connington are the director and writer-star - the source material is a novella by Joyce Carol Oates, and she joined Bill and Tom for a talkback after the short film.  I'd never seen Ms. Oates live before, and it was very exciting to hear her speak.
I have enjoyed her work, but she writes soooo much that I haven't read that I really don't know where to start.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »

Just saw "Tangled" this afternoon. Good fun. But I prefer the old-fashioned drawing. These 3-D style (I saw it in 2-D) characters look sickly and strange to me. I liked the script, but I preferred the visuals of the "The Princess and the Frog."

I think the leading male character is a hottie!  Can you say that about a cartoon character?
I guess you like things animated.

After this long, a still-life would wind me.
;D
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »

Not putting up a tree this year. I decided it would probably be better if I cleaned some of this house.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »

R.I.P John Leslie (not that I have ever seen any of his movies, or anything   8)  )

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/arts/10leslie.html

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »

YES!! "Unfinished Business" -Although, I lost track of how many teams from this just-finished season are competing again.

I thought the same thing

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

Last nights video of Henrietta and Merna scared me so much, I have only now had the courage to check HHW again!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

R.I.P John Leslie (not that I have ever seen any of his movies, or anything   8)  )

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/arts/10leslie.html

But, of course, not. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »

DR Jane re: facebook. I am not sure why. But  when you look at most people under "info" it says there contact information is facebook/their name. But for you it has your yahoo email.

Can you still see my address?

Not sure what you did but now i see nothing. There is no contact info period.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »

Good Evening!

And "The Amazing Race" is starting now. Just 28 minutes late/delayed.

I wonder if it started at different times in different places. Because I switched over to CBS at 9:15pm to see the preview for TAR 18. And it definitely wasn't 28 minutes delayed.

Btw, I am very unimpressed with CBS for showing teams in the preview that are definitely NOT on Tar 18. Especially sad that one of my favorite teams (who they showed repeatedly from this season) is not on.

I think these are most of the confirmed teams:
TAR 18- unfinished business
Kynt and Vyxsin
Amanda and Kris
Jaime and Cara
Kisha and Jen
Margie and Luke
Mel and Mike
Flight Time and Big Easy
Zev and Justin
Jet and Cord
Gary and Mallory
Michael and Kevin

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

And yes DRs Jose and Cillaliz they showed a ton of teams from season 17 (current season) who are not on TAR 18. What's up with that?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »

Jose's post sent me into giggles.  We are cleaning out our liqueur cabinet.  There is way too much stuff in there.  I decided to taste each of the whiskey bottles to determine what I like and don't like.  My conclusion, we have way to many open bottles of whiskey & not one bottle of Crown Royal.  Way too much that little tastes added up to too much whiskey for me to drink on an empty stomach, and I didn't like most of them. 

I then tasted some Glenlivet which I enjoyed very much & think a couple of the whiskeys destroyed my taste buds & it is possible I might like some of the whiskeys I thought I didn't like.

And I guess the lesson learned today, is that if you want your liquor cabinet cleaned out, DON'T call Jane.

;D

Actually.... It got cleaned out because I went in there looking to taste all of the blended whiskeys.  I had no idea how many were in there. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »

However, I LOVED the video of Turkey, Lurkey Time...reminds me so much of the TV specials we used to see when I was a little kid!

And now I must know who those 3 gals are, what they look like now, and what there entire life from then until now has been like.

Well... I'm pretty sure "Ms. Wong" is Baayork Lee. -Speaking of A Chorus Line...

I'll be having lunch with her later this week. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »

Good Evening!

I wonder if it started at different times in different places. Because I switched over to CBS at 9:15pm to see the preview for TAR 18. And it definitely wasn't 28 minutes delayed.

As always, it all depends whether or not a football game delayed the start time.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »

I heard that I was being discussed today for my FB comments regarding the weather and the Symphony not cancelling.

Funny.

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »

Good Evening!

As always, it all depends whether or not a football game delayed the start time.

Yah but since we both live on the East Coast wouldn't our TARs start at the same time? Even if we were watching different football games (I think we had New England). Don't they switch and show the ends of all the 4pm games before starting TAR?

Jane

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »

DR Jane re: facebook. I am not sure why. But  when you look at most people under "info" it says there contact information is facebook/their name. But for you it has your yahoo email.

Can you still see my address?

Not sure what you did but now i see nothing. There is no contact info period.

Thanks.  I think that is good.  Can you still send me a message through FB?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2010, 07:32:56 PM »

I am almost positive the middle one (the featured one) is the head of the dance program at Beaverton's Arts and Communications Magnet School.  I talked about her last year when she mentioned, almost just in passing, how she had worked with Michael Bennett and had been one of the Turkey Lurkey girls.  My jaw literally dropped.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up