Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JINGLE BELLS  (Read 41030 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JINGLE BELLS
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »

No singers have come by, save for one of the ensemble gals.  I know Juliana is coming at six-thirty - Alet has not responded to my e-mail or phone message, and the others, I think, we're already supposed to be here.  I had a bagel and cream cheese to tide me over until I can actually go out and get something light but amusing to eat.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

That deli looks great. I'd drive over to Houston for a meal there.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

How long will it take you?

Ben

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Wait...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Wait...

Ben!  How wonderful.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »

So, I'm out of the hospital. We got back to the apartment around 4:45-5pm today. I have a two week regimen of antibiotics, a follow-up appointment with the doctor and then in late February or March I will go back to make an appoint to have an appendectomy. My appendix had not burst but it was perforated and not in good shape and the doctor would not remove it at this point. It needs to heal. We need to get rid of the infection and let it shrink back down to normal size and then it will be removed.

I had wonderful care in the hospital and I thank you all for the good wishes. It was so nice to read the past few days and see how many times you all wished me well.

I won't be on for long. Just because I'm home doesn't mean I'm not tired. I will probably go to bed soon after checking my temperature. I need to do that for two weeks as well as take the antibiotics.

Again, thanks for your love and good wishes. I will post again tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »

~~~CONTINUED RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR BEN!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »

How long will it take you?
Three hours or so. Not tonight.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »

Great to hear from you, Ben. Vibes for lasting recovery.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »

Someone today paid over $87,000.00 for Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin at auction.  Why?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

Someone today paid over $87,000.00 for Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin at auction.  Why?
Is he no longer using it?
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

When his body was exhumed in the 80's, the casket was damaged so he was reburied in a different casket.  Apparently nobody wanted it at the time, so one of the doctors who performed the second autopsy took it and stored it away for thirty years
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »

When his body was exhumed in the 80's, the casket was damaged so he was reburied in a different casket.  Apparently nobody wanted it at the time, so one of the doctors who performed the second autopsy took it and stored it away for thirty years
No worse than John Waters placing an electric chair in his foyer.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »

We also visited the Parkette Drive-in in Lexington.  It looked like a fun place to try.  Who has been there?
http://www.theparkette.com/

Jane

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

No where near as bad as having an electric chair anywhere!!!

George

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2010, 05:10:08 PM »

No where near as bad as having an electric chair anywhere!!!

Well, as long as John Waters doesn't have it plugged in, it should be okay.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »

Awaiting someone's arrival - listening to music and hungry but no more food until after seven, I fear.

John G.

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »

We also visited the Parkette Drive-in in Lexington.  It looked like a fun place to try.  Who has been there?

Must be knew. I'll ask my sister, who lives there, if it's any good.

Funny, there was some barbecue place in Richmond on a TV show, not "Diners ...," and I was going to go there in September when I visited another sister. I asked around and, to a person, all said it was the worst barbecue in town.

"Diners ..." has been in San Antonio a few times and I love all the places they've gone to (I was even asked to recommend a couple of places and they took my advice about the Cove and Texas Pride Barbecue), so I have a tendency to trust their recommendations.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:15:18 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »

I must be going.  I have a couple of errands to run before going to the theater.  I forgot to bring my black shirt with me, so I have to go home and get it.

Until later. :)

Jane

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2010, 05:32:39 PM »

Must be knew. I'll ask my sister, who lives there, if it's any good.

Funny, there was some barbecue place in Richmond on a TV show, not "Diners ...," and I was going to go there in September when I visited another sister. I asked around and, to a person, all said it was the worst barbecue in town.

"Diners ..." has been in San Antonio a few times and I love all the places they've gone to (I was even asked to recommend a couple of places and they took my advice about the Cove and Texas Pride Barbecue), so I have a tendency to trust their recommendations.

If I remember correctly the Parkette was a long standing (60 years) place that had closed down and was recently re-opened with all the original recipes.  I'm not sure how good the food it but it looked like a fun place.  The history page is long & interesting. http://www.theparkette.com/history.asp

They did another place recently in Houston that looked worth making a trip for.  It could be Cafe Pita but I'm sure I would rush to eat there.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2010, 05:35:01 PM »

I must be going.  I have a couple of errands to run before going to the theater.  I forgot to bring my black shirt with me, so I have to go home and get it.

Until later. :)

HELLO I MUST BE GOING...............
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »

T.O.D.

CD:
JOHNNY MATHIS CHRISTMAS ALBUM
BERNARD HERRMANN'S CHRISTMAS CAROL / A CHILD IS BORN **

DVD:

CASTLE (THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON)
JIM CARREY IN A CHRISTMAS CAROL (nobody warned me)

**Did I already tell everyone about the childhood flashback I had listening to A CHILD IS BORN?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

The rel life Alison Dubois made an appearance on this wek's REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS and she is one ugly mean bitch on a huge "I've been on Oprah and I know when you will die" ego trip. Patricia Arquette's character is nothing like this horrible excuse for humanity.

As for the ex Mrs Kelsey Grammer, she's a rel piece of work, too. I wonder why it took him so long to dump her?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:15:54 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

Only one singer has been by - Kim Huber.  Zach Ford got waylaid - he may make it before I leave for something to eat - if not, he'll come after I'm back or tomorrow.  Alet won't get her stuff till Sunday, and I haven't heard back from Damon.  Juliana should be here at six-thirty and then I must EAT.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »

Cheers to Ben and TD's mom.  Unless TD was actually talking about a flower, in which case, cheers to TD's mum.  ;)

Vibes to the needy and alms to the poor.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »

As I've mentioned previously, my failure to give DW Wife Betsy appropriate sympathy when she was suffering from a stomach ache which turned out to be appendicitis has garnered her evidently limitless "marriage points" which can be used at will during skirmishes large and small.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »

I got a rare UK release of Sergio's 1969 album Ye-Me-Le today which features a somewhat different cover and the moniker What the World Needs Now.  I trimmed it down slightly and have framed it.  It's a beautiful and charming painting of a young practitioner of Candomble and it has always struck me very deeply for some reason.  I got the original LP probably exactly 41 years ago this week.  I was negative 20 at the time.  :)

Jane

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »

The rel life Alison Dubois made an appearance on this wek's REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS and she is one ugly mean bitch on a huge "I've been on Oprah and I know when you will die" ego trip. Patricia Arquette's character is nothing like this horrible excuse for humanity.

As for the ex Mrs Kelsey Grammer, she's a rel piece of work, too. I wonder why it took him so long to dump her?
Is this what you were watching? http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/mass-fight-breaks-out-at-camille-grammers-dinner-party-20101612

If so, why on earth would you watch this. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »

I think JMK will be very happy with tonight's announcement - or half of it anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up