Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN  (Read 46590 times)

MBarnum

Re: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »

A super, duper day of birth celebration to DR Dan(the)Man!!!

Have a great day my friend!

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »

And a most happy birthday to the beautiful and sweet PennyO, who seems to have more energy at 62 then I do at....uh....39!

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »

I was reading a very interesting article by the religion editor of our local newspaper...it was about the "Keeping Christ in Christmas" movement, and what it was really supposed to be about it.

Evidently it is about observing Christmas as a charitable time, giving to those less fortunate rather then going the consumerism route and buying presents for your friends and family.

I like the idea, but I wonder if all the people in the mall parking lot with those "Keep Christ in Christmas" bumper stickers even have a clue! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »

JMK, fine to let them know, as long as you instructed them that it won't be on the site till Monday at six am.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »

Dan(the Man)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2010, 11:05:06 AM »

JMK, fine to let them know, as long as you instructed them that it won't be on the site till Monday at six am.

Yep, told them it wasn't live on Kritzerland yet, that this was a "special favor."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR PennyO!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »

Happy Birthday

DR Dan-the-Man!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:32:14 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »

DR Elmore, I hope you rememberd to punch some breathing holes in the carton before you mailed it.

Of course I did! I may think you're a freak of nature, but I think it humanely.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »

So, this past Thursday was our annual Holiday Potluck at work...it was also the day of my new supervisor's retirement.  She'd been at Timberland for 19 years.  Anyway, when she announced way back in April (I think) that she was going to retire in December, she came to my cubicle and asked if I could play at her retirement party the song from that show where I wore the Carmen Miranda outfit (you know the outfit).  The show was Harlequin Productions' "Stardust for Christmas" in 1995.  I sang "Boom Chicka Boom," from Nick & Nora.  I have the original Broadway cast recording and I said that I would be happy to play it.  Well, I recently remembered that I also have the videotape of the Stardust show and thought that it would be a lot funnier if I actually made a DVD of the song and played that.  Well, I did!  Everyone loved it!  A couple of people suggested that post it to YouTube, so I did!  If you want to see me in performance in the Carmen Miranda drag, click HERE.

If you don't want to see it, don't click HERE.

:D

That is terrific, George!  Frightening, but terrific!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »

Vibes, Laura, that you get at least two kids this year.

We got a few more kids. But we can't find most of the costumes. Of course, we had to wait until today when the kids were there to start looking.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »

I am sleepy. But I need to do my 20 minutes of exercise.  Although I'm afraid that my rebounder (mini tramp) may break. It's sort of on its last legs (literally).

I dated a mini tramp once.  It was a very short affair.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »

I am sleepy. But I need to do my 20 minutes of exercise.  Although I'm afraid that my rebounder (mini tramp) may break. It's sort of on its last legs (literally).

I dated a mini tramp once.  It was a very short affair.

Get the hook!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2010, 01:01:31 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR's PennyO and DanTheMan

I'm awake and feeling like a fought a battle.  Vanilla Cherry Swirl Nyquil seems to do the job, but the last few nights I have dreamt some really weird stuff.  I think I'll try and sleep without it tonight.

2 shows of A Christmas Carol - The Musical today.  It's suppose to storm all weekend.  Right now, it's calm.

And these are the days of our lives.
Either that or serve the Vanilla Cherry Swirl Nyquil as a holiday punch.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »

I was reading a very interesting article by the religion editor of our local newspaper...it was about the "Keeping Christ in Christmas" movement, and what it was really supposed to be about it.

Evidently it is about observing Christmas as a charitable time, giving to those less fortunate rather then going the consumerism route and buying presents for your friends and family.

I like the idea, but I wonder if all the people in the mall parking lot with those "Keep Christ in Christmas" bumper stickers even have a clue! LOL!
No. In fact a couple of the friends who keep talking and talking and talking about it are almost belligerent. And they behave that way with shop keepers, clerks, etc. Nothing Christian or Christmas-like in that. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »

So, this past Thursday was our annual Holiday Potluck at work...it was also the day of my new supervisor's retirement.  She'd been at Timberland for 19 years.  Anyway, when she announced way back in April (I think) that she was going to retire in December, she came to my cubicle and asked if I could play at her retirement party the song from that show where I wore the Carmen Miranda outfit (you know the outfit).  The show was Harlequin Productions' "Stardust for Christmas" in 1995.  I sang "Boom Chicka Boom," from Nick & Nora.  I have the original Broadway cast recording and I said that I would be happy to play it.  Well, I recently remembered that I also have the videotape of the Stardust show and thought that it would be a lot funnier if I actually made a DVD of the song and played that.  Well, I did!  Everyone loved it!  A couple of people suggested that post it to YouTube, so I did!  If you want to see me in performance in the Carmen Miranda drag, click HERE.

If you don't want to see it, don't click HERE.

:D

That is terrific, George!  Frightening, but terrific!
Thanks for sharing that. I'm still laughing a few moments after it's over.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »

I shipped packages, did some errands and whatnot and was dismayed not to receive the important envelope - hopefully Monday - I hate the USPS more than ever at this time of year.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »

Greetings from the west side of beautiful Lima, OH.  We stopped in Cridersville to take a look at the retirement community guest house where we will spend Christmas weekend.  I've now started a list of all the food items and accessories that we need to bring with us and I suspect I will check that list way more than twice.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »

Is that where Lima beans come from?

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »

I don't think so, BK, but it IS where GLEE takes place.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

What I didn't see in our Christmas weekend digs was an Internet connection, so, unless there's wireless, we'll be offline from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon (may be able to have a quick Sunday morning check-in if we go to Panera for breakfast on our way to church...)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »

I don't think so, BK, but it IS where GLEE takes place.

GLEE takes place in Lima, OH? O the difference between reality and fantasy! Might as well be Lima, Peru.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2010, 02:16:46 PM »

Yeah, DR Elmore, they make occasional references to "Lima losers."

Ben

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Ginny, your card arrived in today's mail. Thanks so much.

I'm listening to Radio Wales right now and then I will lay down for a while before going to bed for the night.

Sounds like the same thing, right, but I don't want to go to bed at 6pm because I'll miss a medication moment and I also don't want to wake up at 3am. I want to sleep as long as I can.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »

You're welcome, DR Ben!  I'm so glad you're home and suspect you arrived there somewhat sleep-deprived.  I found back in August that the hospital is not the place to get a good night's sleep!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

Hooray! Ben is home!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »

A very happy birthday to our bright and shining Penny-oh!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »

And another birthday greeting to D-t-M!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »

Happy Birthday PennyO!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2010, 02:55:57 PM »

Happy Birthday Dan the man!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up