Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WINTER WONDERLAND  (Read 47432 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WINTER WONDERLAND
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »

Thank you Jennifer.

Wonderful news Laura.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »

Here's a more recent statement by Patrick Tierney:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/8818529/

Patrick Tierney said his brother would be released from the hospital Friday or Saturday and would complete his recovery at home in New Hampshire. He said his brother is in "as good spirits as he can be," is expected to make a full recovery and will surely return to the stage.

"He's a dancer. He landed on his feet. If he didn't land on his feet, he wouldn't be with us," said Patrick Tierney, 24, of Plaistow, N.H. "He has a strong body and an amazing attitude."

Actually, I think that statement is from over a day ago.

Laura

« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »

I've been trying to think of places for Matthew and Eric to visit when they are in Phoenix next month. The only interesting place I can think of out here is the sewage pond.

DR Laura - thanks for thinking of us.  We haven't booked anything yet, including our flights/hotel etc.  If you have any insight on a nice hotel to stay at, I'd love to know.  Like I said, nothing has been set and I'm not doing it (Long rant post about THAT one, but I'll refrain)

I don't know from nice hotels, Matthew. I usually stay at a Motel 6 or Rodeway Inn. Super 8 if we are really splurging.

Isn't nearby Scottsdale known for great hotels?

I've never stayed in a hotel here in town.

FJL

« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »

BK - That's right.  but it's more recent than his saying his brother would probably never step on the  stage again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »

Here's a more recent statement by Patrick Tierney:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/8818529/

Patrick Tierney said his brother would be released from the hospital Friday or Saturday and would complete his recovery at home in New Hampshire. He said his brother is in "as good spirits as he can be," is expected to make a full recovery and will surely return to the stage.

"He's a dancer. He landed on his feet. If he didn't land on his feet, he wouldn't be with us," said Patrick Tierney, 24, of Plaistow, N.H. "He has a strong body and an amazing attitude."

After a fall of 30 feet and broken vertebrae, I think Patrick is being overly optimistic. There's going to be a lot of physical therapy and problems in his body that will never heal completely.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »

After a fall of 30 feet, I would be surprised if he can continue to be a professional dancer.

Laura

« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »

Have you seen Spiderman, FJL? Aside from the special effects, is it a good show? Good story and good music?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2010, 08:46:33 PM »

I just don't think any of us know anything at all - and I think an accurate reporting of what actually happened will eventually come to light.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »

Laura _ i saw the two very very early previews.  The story is hampered by a so-called "Geek Chorus" framing device, whose dialogue was sloppy, but I found the mythological story very exciting.  First act was far better than the second.  The lyrics are very controversial on All that Chat, but I'd compare it to Spring Awakening in quality.  If that show's craft bothered somebody, they'll be bothered here, too.

Music - hard to say - it never bored me or left me uninterested, and liked the music a lot more second time hearing it.   

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »

You haven't really heard "I'm An Indian, Too" until you've heard it in Japanese.
I wonder if it's still considered politically incorrect in Japanese.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2010, 09:17:40 PM »

Just watched an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" called "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." Brandon de Wilde was really good in it, so was Larry Kert in a small role.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR WFO, BK's son, and Craig Brockman!

Brother.

Oops, sorry - holiday head...
Did you have some of the eggnog I made tonight? It was certainly special. Both rum and bourbon. And eggs. And plenty of whipped cream. And freshly grated nutmeg on top. Very happy potion.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »

Hurray! The Monarch Scientist's son is home!
Great news.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »

Finished with my viewing and got industrious and put out plates and flatware and napkins and am now making tuna pasta salad whilst listening to wonderful music from The Railway Children.

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »

I've been trying to think of places for Matthew and Eric to visit when they are in Phoenix next month. The only interesting place I can think of out here is the sewage pond.

DR Laura - thanks for thinking of us.  We haven't booked anything yet, including our flights/hotel etc.  If you have any insight on a nice hotel to stay at, I'd love to know.  Like I said, nothing has been set and I'm not doing it (Long rant post about THAT one, but I'll refrain)

I don't know from nice hotels, Matthew. I usually stay at a Motel 6 or Rodeway Inn. Super 8 if we are really splurging.

Isn't nearby Scottsdale known for great hotels?

Any of the Pointe Hotels are really nice, or they were when I was there.  There are a number of nice hotel/resorts in northern phoenix/scottsdale.  It's been a long time since I lived there.  Kerry would be the best person to ask

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »

My dad, brother, DR Sam's BF and I went to True Grit tonight. We all absolutely loved it. Sam's BF hadn't seen the original (he's young) but the rest of us had and loved it.  We all agreed that this is the same story but a really different movie entirely.  We had a good discussion about it on the way home.  I'll tell you more if anyone wants to know, but I highly recommend seeing it.

OH, and I couldn't believe it is only $4.00 to go to an evening show here.  Amazing.  I'd be at the movies all the time if I could get in for $4.00

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »

Ok, time to get some sleep.  Tomorrow it's pancakes and sausage for breakfast.   Today my mom bought some bloody mary mix to make on Christmas Morning. LOL. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »

Tuna pasta salad is made and, of course, I'm tempted to just eat it all right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »

But I shan't.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »

Listening to nice music by Mr. Morricone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »

I've gotten through about eight CDs today - the pile is still huge but now more manageable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »

Where in tarnation is everyone?  You'd think it was the night before the night before Christmas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2010, 10:56:59 PM »

One of our GUESTS was looking at the 12/24/2004 postings - so many people posting who no longer frequent these here parts for various and sundried reasons, most of which are/were extremely silly, at least in my opinion.  Tempers sometimes flare in the best of families, offense is sometimes taken in the best of families but you know what, you get over it and everything rights itself if you don't run away.  Francois, Tomovoz, Dan-in-Toronto, Jay, Lulu, MattH - so many wonderful folks.  And Ann, S. Woody White and der Brucer, all of whom still stop by occasionally, but way too rarely.

Wouldn't it be nice if on this Christmas of 2010 everyone came back and started anew?  That is my Christmas wish.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up