Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF 2010 IN HIGH STYLE  (Read 17442 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE LAST OF 2010 IN HIGH STYLE
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »

Hi all--it's a Ghost of Christmas Past just stopping by to say "Hello"!   

I've missed you all and you've never been far from my mind but I've had so many things going on that it was all I could do to just come home and get dinner ready for the dogs and myself.  I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at nine or ten o'clock--just in time to go to bed.  I just didn't feel like doing anything but veg in front of the TV (when I could manage to stay awake)  or just pop on the net for a moment and that's just the plain truth. 

I took this week off from work because i didn't have a vacation this entire year and thought I could just use the break.  Every time I think things are going good at work something new comes up.  They said we were going to have a mass lay off in September then while there was some lay offs I thought I made it though.  Then they said it would happen again in December and I was scared to death.   Then word came down (the week before Christmas) that it had been put off until March or April but there WILL be a big lay off then. 

Work is nothing like it was before--the whole atmosphere has changed.  From being laid back to super high stress.  You feel like you have to justify your work and prove  your worth everyday.  That's part of the reason I was to scared to take any time off--if your not there and they can get along without you.......

So please bear with me.  After these few days off I can feel myself starting to decompress somewhat but I was so wore out that I went to bed at nine o'clock on Christmas Eve and Christmas night.

The dogs are doing fine.  I don't know what I would do without them.  Can't tell you how many times I woke up with one or the other (or both) curled up on the couch/bed with me.  They are such a comfort.

I hope all of you are happy, safe and well.  I saw on the news about that snow storm up by New York.  I still want to see snow but not quite that much!  I do have to say that I am enjoying the central heat and air.  Now that I have it, I don't know how I lived without it.    It's soooo nice to come home to a warm or cool house instead of freezing or frying!

Danise....

I am glad to see you and I completely understand about stress at work.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

George....

Per your comment last night about Matt Smith aka the New Doctor, I have heard he is quite entertaining and I am looking forward to seeing him on screen. I envy you if you get BBC America
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2010, 05:47:17 PM »

From the files of LIFE SUCKS:

Yesterday afternoon, I took what little money I had left after Christmas, scrapped every possible dollar and coin that I could find (except the pennys in my loafers).  I went up to the Boeing Employee Credit Union ATM located in my local Safeway.  This is one of those new fangled machines that doesn't use envelopes or deposity slips.  I put the money in the slot and it sat there doing nothing for a few minutes; then finally it brought up a message saying that it was unable to process my transaction.  It then spit back my card back to me....................... but NO MONEY was returned.

Hoping upon hope that the machine was just out of receipt paper, I went home and accessed my account.  No Transaction!  So I sent them an official e-mail asking for help.  By 4:00 p.m., they still hadn't gotten to the secure e-mails.  I talked to a woman at my credit union, who took all of my information (again).  She called back at just about 5:00 p.m. telling me that she was e-mailing some forms that I needed to complete and fax back to her tomorrow.  In the mean time, I have checks that didn't process today, so they will probably process tomorrow morning -- including my rent check!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »

As to the wonderful NORTH AND SOUTH, it was like seeing the film BILLY ELLIOT: I loved the plot but hada hard time at first with the accents and union talk. NORTH AND SOUTH is set in 1857, the same year as Prince Albert's Great Exhibition in the Crystal Palace in London, and it's a much darker version of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE set in a town called Milton and the cotton mills of northern England. Mr Darcy's character is John Thornton, a wealthy mill owner and self-made man, and Lizzie Bennett's counterpart is Margaret Hale, daughter of a vicar who's left his church after a disappointment in his clergy, and taken his family to northern England; there is a brother who's gone to sea and now living in exile in Spain following a mutiny that may be based on the HMS Bounty.  The plot sprawls all over - several tragic deaths, a murder mystery, a union strike and riot - and two of the most heartbreaking farewell scenes ever, one between Margaret's dying mother and Mrs Thornton and Margaret's departure from Milton to return to London. It's quiet a wonderful series.

The cast is amazing, especially Sinead Cusack (Mrs Jeremy Irons) as Mrs Thornton, the severe mother of the leading man, and Brendan Coyle as the union leader, Nicholas. I recommend this series a lot.

I have added it to my viewing list.... I loved Cranford... The BBC does a wonderful job with dramas of this nature

Laura

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Northern harrier:

Northern mockingbird:

"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »

How is everyone now?

I am doing well... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic 2011!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »

Karma.  VERY potent.

Even more so if accompanied by a RASPBERRY!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »

Glad to see Annie Glimmerglass posting - neighbor and, more importantly, friend for close to forty-five years.

Wow, you've known her since you were negative 6!   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

I wonder if any of Jose's friends were involved in this

I don't think I knew anyone who participated in that "prank". However, I do know some people who have participated in other Improv Anywhere events. -But with the annual "No Pants Subway Ride" is coming up in a few weeks...

:o

In England, I think that it would be called "No Trousers Subway Ride." ;)

Actually it would be called, "No Trousers Tube Ride
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »

Northern mockingbird:

ARe those mauvish thingies seed pods?

der Brucer

Laura

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »

Prickly pear cactus fruits. His face is stained from sticking it into the fruit.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »

Prickly pear cactus fruits. His face is stained from sticking it into the fruit.

He ain't the only one!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »

Cold today, but no snow....at least no MORE snow.

They are predicting a possible storm here on Thursday, however we would not be offended if it went elsewhere...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »

Northern harrier:

Northern mockingbird:

Impressive birds... Laura, you do a wonderful job capturing them on film

DERBRUCER

« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »

]

They are predicting a possible storm here on Thursday, however we would not be offended if it went elsewhere...

Hey! What's hatched in the Dakotas should stay in the Dakotas.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

Yesterday afternoon, I took what little money I had left after Christmas, scrapped every possible dollar and coin that I could find (except the pennys in my loafers).  I went up to the Boeing Employee Credit Union ATM located in my local Safeway.  This is one of those new fangled machines that doesn't use envelopes or deposity slips.  I put the money in the slot and it sat there doing nothing for a few minutes; then finally it brought up a message saying that it was unable to process my transaction.  It then spit back my card back to me....................... but NO MONEY was returned.

Hoping upon hope that the machine was just out of receipt paper, I went home and accessed my account.  No Transaction!  So I sent them an official e-mail asking for help.  By 4:00 p.m., they still hadn't gotten to the secure e-mails.  I talked to a woman at my credit union, who took all of my information (again).  She called back at just about 5:00 p.m. telling me that she was e-mailing some forms that I needed to complete and fax back to her tomorrow.  In the mean time, I have checks that didn't process today, so they will probably process tomorrow morning -- including my rent check!

TCB So sorry to hear this.  Vibes that it gets worked out before your checks are processed

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »

]

Hey! What's hatched in the Dakotas should stay in the Dakotas.

der Brucer

Its payback after Letterman's deragatory remarks about the Dakotas and Minnesota

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »

TCB So sorry to hear this.  Vibes that it gets worked out before your checks are processed

I also send positive thoughts...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »

One more picture--a beautiful pink and purple dusk sky this evening:

Stunning sunset...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »

Greetings from Buffalo, where it's 26 degrees, but just flurries as far as snow goes.  Of course there's still a foot or so on the grass from previous storms.

Hoping my drive back from BWI (Baltimore-Washington International Airport) tomorrow isn't bad considering the snow that fell Saturday and Sunday.

What a beautiful winter day.....

I would take 26 degrees anyday over -15

Laura

« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

Oh, TCB. That's just awful. I refuse to put any money into those ATM machines because I just don't trust them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »

The local newspaper awards sprigs of prairie roses or leafy spurge depending on if something is good or bad....

The letterman comments are at the top and he was awarded Leafy Spurge...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/303030

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »

Oh, TCB. That's just awful. I refuse to put any money into those ATM machines because I just don't trust them.

Well, I guess I won't trust them anymore.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

I dont trust them.... period....

Jennifer

« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »

Vibes for DR TCB. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »

George....

Per your comment last night about Matt Smith aka the New Doctor, I have heard he is quite entertaining and I am looking forward to seeing him on screen. I envy you if you get BBC America

I do get BBC America, but I also bought the season (series) 5 DVDs.  They're also available from Netflix, if you subscribe to that...or you might try your local library. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »

George....

I just may do that...

I do get BBC America, but I also bought the season (series) 5 DVDs.  They're also available from Netflix, if you subscribe to that...or you might try your local library. :)

George

« Reply #208 on: December 27, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

~~~FINANCIAL VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~

George

« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

I wonder if any of Jose's friends were involved in this

I don't think I knew anyone who participated in that "prank". However, I do know some people who have participated in other Improv Anywhere events. -But with the annual "No Pants Subway Ride" is coming up in a few weeks...

:o

In England, I think that it would be called "No Trousers Subway Ride." ;)

Actually it would be called, "No Trousers Tube Ride

I should've known that. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up