Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FAREWELL 2010, HELLO 2011!  (Read 22752 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: FAREWELL 2010, HELLO 2011!
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

Before I left the apartment, I went up to the 4th floor. The apartment door to 4C is broken and anyone can walk in. So I did. Then I went down to see the super to alert him. He told me the apartment is not yet rented but the broker has been showing it. So I called the landlord and left him a message about last night's activities. I hope the broker's ass ends up in a sling.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:07:36 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »

Page 3 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »

That money is gone, FJL. Along with the friendship.

I agree and hope we are both wrong. 

VIBES FOR A FRIENDLY RESOLUTION!!!

Jane

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »

Danise I was surprised you hadn't been giving your short haired dogs winter bath's, inside or outside considering your warm climate and their short hair. ;D  I'm glad it went so well.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »

DR Danise - THIS is a CHERPUMPLE!

O M G ! ! ! !

LOL! ;D  Only DR's Laura and Sandra would make this. ;)

Jane

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

Before I left the apartment, I went up to the 4th floor. The apartment door to 4C is broken and anyone can walk in. So I did. Then I went down to see the super to alert him. He told me the apartment is not yet rented but the broker has been showing it. So I callerd the landlord and left him a message about last night's activities. I hope the broker's ass ends up in a sling.

The good news, so far, is those young loud folks have not rented it.

VIBES FOR NICE QUIET UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS!!!!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »

This baby and his dog are soooo funny & cute!!  http://comedy.video.yahoo.com/?l=3774749&v=7652402

Ben

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »

Afternoon all.

We did the laundry this morning. Anthony is napping right now. We will go out for New Years Eve dinner to our local hangout

Lasagne

We went there last year and had a very nice time. We will then come home and probably watch something, thought I don't know what. It will be a low-key evening and weekend.

Happy New Year one and all.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »

Welcome Home, DR Ron Pulliam!

Whew!

Thanks, Jose!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

I'm cooking dinner tonight for the DP and our friend Sabrina.  Pork Shoulder with Root Beer in the crockpot, wasabi mashed potatoes, broiled asparagus and a salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.  Sabrina is bringing dessert and I don't know what the DP's contribution will be.  Probably sarcasm. 

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »

DR Ben - Lasagne sounds like someplace Richard and I would like!  I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy your New Year's!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:04 AM »

I just returned from picking up the mail and I did get something to watch this weekend: THE ADVENTURES OF MARK TWAIN w/Fredric March from the Warner Archive.

I wasn't expecting that until next week.

:o
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »

I got a screener for STONE yesterday, which I may watch.  Anything to get the bad taste of ALPHA AND OMEGA out of my eyes.  Yes, my eyes taste things, so sue me.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »

I got a screener for STONE yesterday, which I may watch.  Anything to get the bad taste of ALPHA AND OMEGA out of my eyes.  Yes, my eyes taste things, so sue me.  ;)

I watched STONE last night.

Good performances.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »

Working away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »

Afternoon all.

We did the laundry this morning. Anthony is napping right now. We will go out for New Years Eve dinner to our local hangout

Lasagne

We went there last year and had a very nice time. We will then come home and probably watch something, thought I don't know what. It will be a low-key evening and weekend.

Looks like a fun and yummy place.  Enjoy your real food, DR Ben.  Happy New Year to you and Ant!

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »

In the Oh Good Grief! department.  I got all bundled up to go out and clear the snow off of my snow.  I looked down at the table in the garage and there was a stack of mail!   My cat/house sitter must have set it down to get her key to the door and forgot to pick it up.  In it was a beautiful photo of the Vixter and a nice surprise from DR Elmore.  Thanks to both of you~!

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »

Luckily I found the mail before the bills in it are due.  No harm no foul.  She's a bit forgetful at times but she takes very good care of the kids, so I just let it slide

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »

Ok, it looks like I'm going to make it to the party tonight.  Unlike last year, I really really want to go. We only got about 3-4 inches of snow.  The city truck has been by something like 5 times - very unusual - I have cleared the driveway, made my spinach dip to put in a breadbowl, made some dill crackers. I'm only supposed to take the dip, but Paul was assigned an appetizer and he said he might take some cheese.  He isn't used to being asked to take anything, so I won't be surprised if he doesn't do it.   So, I made a double batch of the dip and I figured I'd at least do the dill crackers so there's something else if he "forgets"

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

And the word of the day is: DITHYRAMBIC!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

And The Song Of The Day Is:   I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC

"I Sing The Body Electric

I Celebrate The Me Yet To Come

I Toast To My Own Reunion

When I Become One With The Sun"

A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT HHW!!
MAY THE NEXT YEAR BRING GOOD WISHES AND HEALING VIBES TO ALL
LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN !!!

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »

Sorry to hear that, FJL, and I'm sending vibes for a quick resolution to the matter to your liking. But I have to agree with Laura on this one.

I will also send vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The person probably does not have the money to pay you back. But at least he/she should have the courtesy to tell you even if only in an email.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out the food thing.  And I'm really hoping there's a few packages today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »

Greetings from Toyland!

Before I left the apartment, I went up to the 4th floor. The apartment door to 4C is broken and anyone can walk in. So I did. Then I went down to see the super to alert him. He told me the apartment is not yet rented but the broker has been showing it. So I callerd the landlord and left him a message about last night's activities. I hope the broker's ass ends up in a sling.

The good news, so far, is those young loud folks have not rented it.

VIBES FOR NICE QUIET UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS!!!!

And the bad news is that I suspect one of those young folks from last night is the broker, who I hope gets his ass in some serious trouble. For all I know he's using that apartment for suspect purposes.

I stopped by Apt 4C just now. The door is securely locked. I guess the landlord got my messages.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:13:40 PM by elmore3003 »

KevinH

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »

Afternoon all.

Lasagne

Lasagne looks like a great place.  I'll have to check it out next time I'm in NY.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »

Afternoon all.

Lasagne

DR Ben, we have to settle on a holiday date!

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »

I have to figure out a white elephant gift for the party.  I'm sure I have something around here that will work.   Maybe my measuring spoons that are have arms and legs that I forgot to give my friend at Christmas time.   Or....hmmm....I must go find a white elephant

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »

The first layer of The Cherpumple is baking.

That would be a hilarious thing to take to a pot luck

I have wanted to make one of those for a potluck at work...I think that I just might have to, sometime in the new year. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »

Afternoon all.

Lasagne

DR Ben, we have to settle on a holiday date!

Yes, we do. Perhaps the 8th or 9th of January. The next weekend, the 15th (also Martin Luther King Weekend) is taken. We have to go out to Long Island for a birthday party.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »

The photos make the beginning look great, Laura. Can't wait to see the final product.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2010, 02:14:39 PM »

I made some major excavations in the living room. The kitchen still needs some attention, but at least the dishes are done and the laundry is in the dryer. I hope I can keep it up and not get too distracted.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up