Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO BOMB OR NOT TO BOMB  (Read 25035 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TO BOMB OR NOT TO BOMB
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2004, 11:11:21 PM »

I got my stuff packed up and my car loaded and headed to the gas station.  $1.89 for regular - went up 8 cents since last Monday!  Ah, well...

The Tumwater (which is right next to Olympia) Costco has "regular" (remember when that meant leaded?) unleaded gas for $2.15!  I've never seen it that high EVER!  Almost as much as your area, Jed!  The prices will probably get much higher before they get lower (if they get lower).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 11:14:28 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2004, 11:14:10 PM »

The solution that is currently in play, of course, is to produce shows that have no genuine emotional content, replacing it with visceral impact, explosions and CGI monsters, or faux emotion, when the Bachelor hands out his roses.  If the emotions aren't real to begin with, it's much easier to laugh them off.
So many screenwriters/playwrights today wouldn't know a real emotion if they tripped over it. They're writing about other movies and plays, not about life.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2004, 11:15:53 PM »

We are now paying over $1A per litre of petrol here.  That equates to about $2.70 US at current exchange rates. Of course we pay a considerable tax on petrol.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2004, 11:20:29 PM »

PAGE SIX!

George

« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2004, 11:27:01 PM »

Wow, nice and busy, George!  While I'm not much of a fan of the show, I particularly hope that it's a good production of Rent, as my mother and sister are headed over to Olympia for Thursday night's performance!

Cool!  Tell them that I'll be backstage.  I don't know exactly what I'll be doing (it's different for each show that I work on), but I'll be there (a Dreamgirls reference).  Usually, I don't actually get to see any of the show.  I work with the costume people so I'll be picking up and hauling clothes up and down the stairs from the stage to the green room (which is under the stage).  I'll be able to hear it, just not see it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2004, 11:29:26 PM »

Well, I must don my highest Wussburger drag and be off.  I have to clean the house I'm staying in before my friend comes home tomorrow.  And I would like to sleep one night this week.  Night, regular HHW DRs and guests!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2004, 11:30:58 PM »

Well, I do know that the gas prices in Richmond are on the low side of the national average... But I do remember working in Chicago two years ago (?) during the last big price spike.  And I had to do a ton of driving out there!  At least I only fill my tank whenever I drive back to Richmond - prices around DC are about 10 to 15 cents higher.  And it's still nice to know that my almost 11-year old car still gets good gas mileage.  When I fill up, I usually only put in about 6 or 7 gallons - and I've only driven about 200-230 miles (back and forth from Richmond to DC).  But it was weird seeing the proportion of the numbers on the pump - price vs. gallons - be so wide tonight.  I remember getting a kick out seeing the numbers near equal when gas was around $1.00/gallon.

-And I do remember the "sticker shock" when I was filling the rental car in Melbourne, AUS.  Especially when I realized it was "per liter" and not "per gallon"!

OK... well, now I must get ready for bed... I have rehearsal in 10 hours... YIKES!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2004, 11:33:09 PM »

I'd be especially thankful to not see or hear Rent.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2004, 11:36:04 PM »

Had a lovely and long conversation with our very own Harvey Schmidt tonight, who sends his love to one and all and also all and one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2004, 11:36:45 PM »

Have gun, will travel, baby.

Panni

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2004, 11:55:39 PM »

Waiting for midnight when my coach turns into a pumpkin...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up