Author Topic: WEHT  (Read 12082 times)

Laura

Re: WEHT
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »

"That's a lotta hamsters."

Danise

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »

Hi all.  Mr. AC/Heating man is gone.   His name was Jimmy and it turned out that it was he that installed my AC/Heat. 

I never would have made it to work by 1:00 because it took him about 45 minutes to find/fix the problem and then we spent at least a half hour talking about Turner.

I found out that one of Turners Ex employees opened his own company (from the description it sounded like one of the guys Turner had working on my home) and he spotted Turner out and about working on someone elses house.  He turned him into the county.  Jimmy thought I had Turners license taken away last summer. 

Not so.  I had his permitting ability taken away from him last summer and that was only in this county.  He could have worked anyplace else in the state and been legal.  Working in this county was really stupid on his part.

Of course the point is now moot since as of 17th of this month Turner WILL lose his license because he didn't pay his $25,000 fine and the money he was ordered refund me from the Florida Dept of Business and Professional Regulation. 

I found out I have a five year warranty on the unit but (of course) the part that went wrong today wasn't covered.  It was the Fuse Link.  I know not fuse links from linked sausage but the entire price came to $110.00.  $75 to show up at the door and $35 for the part.

Anyway the dogs and I have HEAT!  Hoo and Ray!!!!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:49:53 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »

Hoo and ray, indeed!!!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »

There's a sidebar in this morning's paper about the girl star of the new TRUE GRIT dissolving into tears on the Paramount lot when GLEE's Lea Michele refused to sign an autograph for her.

Well, that was pretty rude of Lea Michele. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »

The thing is that it is blowing cold air even when you have the heat setting on.

Do you have the fan set to "on" or "auto"

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »

Ron, if you think AmEx works the same way as MC or Vis(t)a, I have some shopping I'd like you to do for me.  :)

A card is a card is a card.  Only the numbers are different.  In terms of "usage", that is.

Oh...and way to buzz kill a perfectly pleasant bit of fun I was having.

Well, I beg to differ.  If you charge 30K on a MC or Vis(t)a, you can make a minimum payment.  On AmEx, you're in for the whole megillah.

AmEx has a card that you don't have to pay in full, I can't remember the name of it

Danise

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

The thing is that it is blowing cold air even when you have the heat setting on.

Do you have the fan set to "on" or "auto"
Auto.  Isn't that best? 

I remember when I first got an Am EX  card that I could buy a house if I wanted to.  But when the bill came in I would have pay it in full!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »

Don't you just love warranties?  I knew before he told me that whatever the part was that had to be replaced wouldn't be covered.  Just like a car.  You can have a full warranty but that one little part that goes out won't be the one on the list.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »

Ron, if you think AmEx works the same way as MC or Vis(t)a, I have some shopping I'd like you to do for me.  :)

A card is a card is a card.  Only the numbers are different.  In terms of "usage", that is.

Oh...and way to buzz kill a perfectly pleasant bit of fun I was having.

Well, I beg to differ.  If you charge 30K on a MC or Vis(t)a, you can make a minimum payment.  On AmEx, you're in for the whole megillah.

AmEx has a card that you don't have to pay in full, I can't remember the name of it

Blue Card
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »

There's a sidebar in this morning's paper about the girl star of the new TRUE GRIT dissolving into tears on the Paramount lot when GLEE's Lea Michele refused to sign an autograph for her.

Well, that was pretty rude of Lea Michele. 

Michele was en route to somewhere on the lot.  The unknown actress was in audition clothes and approached her.  Michele passed her by, and a guy behind Michele said to the teen, "Now's not a good time." 

I imagine Michele might have been stressing or hurrying or steaming over something...and the guy was there to smooth things out. 

Rude?  She didn't flip the girl off or curse her.   Understandable? Yep. Just because an actor isn't on a sound stage doesn't mean it's cool to approach him or her on a lot.  Something Michele might wish hadn't happened?  Sure.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:34:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

Congrats to DR Danise on having heat once more!

(I had to think a bit on stating that politely.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

The first read through of The Absilutely True Adventures of A Hollywood Assistant went well yesterday. Fine tuning ahead (Rewrite rewrite rewrite) Major change: Dropped one scene which was a monologue which doesn't work now that it is no longer one actor playing all the roles.

Congrats on the read-through, Michael!  Broken legs for future work!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »

My first "awareness" of Sondheim, Stephen Sondheim came in the mid- to late-60s with "A Funny Thing Happened...." the movie musical.   I knew his name, but not his music.

I had my first taste of his composing credits with "Follies"...and then immersed myself repeatedly in "A Little Night Music."

My first Sondheim experience was the movie version of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.  My sister and I would watch it on TV when we were kids and we loved it.  We had no idea who Stephen Sondheim was.  When I was in high school and finally did discover who he was, it wasn't until I started researching what shows he had written that I realized that he had written that movie that my sister and I used to love to watch.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »

My absolute favorite Sondheim song is "Someone In a Tree."  I can still get goose bumps when I hear it.  Next most absolute favorite is probably "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow/Love Will See Us Through." 

George

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »

My most favorite Sondheim scores are probably Sunday in the Park with George and Follies

George

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »

I can't remember which was the first Sondheim stage show that I actually saw, but the only Sondheim show that I've been in (so far) is ...Forum.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »

Back from a wonderful lunch at the Westlake Village Brent's Deli.  THAT'S a deli - great pastrami sandwich.  Good meeting with Wechter, did my banking and picked up one package and no mail.  I suppose I'll try to write another three or four pages now - this evening the helper's best friend is coming over after she gets off work to pack up some orders and get them shipped.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »

Safe travel vibes Elmore! Take care

Also Ginny and Richard drive safely and take lots of pictures
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »

Ginny, do know if they sell skyline chili in a can or seasoning packets online?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept well, although I must have been possessed by the spirit of Cole Porter last ight. I dreamed I was composing "Just One Of Those Things" for Janet Leigh! Oy.

I have to tidy the apartment this morning, pack a few articles of clothing, and determine my travel reading. Around 10:30 I will head down to Penn Station. I hope the trains are on schedule today and I hope tomorrow's meeting goes well.

I have little else to report. I believe I saw the films of GYPSY and WEST SIDE STORY long before I ever knew who Stephen Sondheim was. I discovered A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM through my Latin class, in which we were translating Plautus' comedy MILES GLORIOSUS around 1966. My wonderful Latin teacher Robert Kane was a native New Yorker who'd seen every musical on Broadway and we listened to the cast recordings of FORUM and THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE during the semester of Plautus.

I should really by the Broadway recording of Cole Porters "Anthing Goes"

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »

Really starting to get a lot of group emails from Jewish groups about Giffords now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a civil action against some of the rabble rousers who consider themselves above the fray.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »

TOD:

I like Sweeney Todd, A Little Night Music, Follies, and Sunday in the Park with George

The first theatrical one I saw was Follies

My favorite Sondheim song when I was younger was "Send in the Clowns" from A Little Night Music

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »

I also like the music from West Side Story

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »

Ginny, do know if they sell skyline chili in a can or seasoning packets online?

DR DakotaCelt, you might try:

Skyline Kits
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »

We attended a dinner party last night where they served elk chili.  Needless to say, I did not partake.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »

:P  I hope they had something else for you to eat.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »

I had the telly on for a bit for noise this afternonn and heaerd the most interesting comment from a sewing show:

I am not one with my form

JMK

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »

:P  I hope they had something else for you to eat.

They actually had a glut of veggie stuff.  Lots of quinoa dishes, including an incredible lemon quinoa thing I loved, plus a spinach frittata and Betsy brought her patented tabouli.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »

Last night we watched the dvd of the HBO movie TEMPLE GRANDIN.  If you haven't seen this movie about this incredible woman I highly suggest you do so. 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278469/

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »

We attended a dinner party last night where they served elk chili.  Needless to say, I did not partake.  :)

Sounds good!  I had neighbors when I lived at the lake who had a game feed every year.  They ate everything they hunted and shared it with the neighborhood.  Lots of good food
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up