Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SQUASH  (Read 11938 times)

Jennifer

Re: SQUASH
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:50 AM »

Last night DR Jane wrote:
Almost every visit my hairdresser asks if I want hairspray.  I always say no.  There was a time I wouldn't permit any product aside from shampoo & conditioner on my hair.  Now there are lots of styling products that don't bother my allergies & make my hair feel good, not sticky.

Jennifer thanks for the reminder not to use hair spray.

I use hairspray all the time.

Since I am very sensitive to scents I am always very careful. I would obviously never spray perfume on myself. And if I try a new hand cream I smell it carefully first (I am usually good for things that are chocolate, mint, fruit...).

I always try on make-up and handcreams at Sephora. And since my hair was unstyled I went for the hairspray. I did even smell it after one spray and I didn't smell anything. But OMG I really thought I was going to die. I couldn't believe it. My head just immediately hurt a lot. :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 07:54:35 AM »

DR JOSE you are up early for your first relaxing day of 2011.

DR JRand - I guess I am. However, I did get a very good night's sleep last night, so... I reserve the right to take a nap later this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 07:54:39 AM »

We had this young couple over to the house for dinner last night.  He's a distant cousin and she's his g.f., 22-years old and a college student.

Maybe it's me.  I have no idea.  But, over the course of the evening, names like Orson Welles, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, John Dillinger, Al Capone, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Joe Biden, John Lennon and Charlie Chaplin (whose picture was on the wall) came up, and she had absolutely no idea who were were talking about.

:'(

It's the same thing with my 19 year old nephew, though he is very much a John Lennon fan (along with the rest of the Beatles.) 

It is pretty much impossible to get him to watch any movie made before 1995.  If it's in black & white, forget it--he will not even sit in the same room.  Judging from what I read on Twitter, he's not very different from others in his generation.
This is why colorization is coming back. And no one seems to be speaking out against it.

I forgot to mention:

The topper was that neither her OR HER FATHER had ever seen a movie with John Wayne.

And, they're native Texans.

:o
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:59 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Charles Pogue!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »

DR JOSE you are up early for your first relaxing day of 2011.

DR JRand - I guess I am. However, I did get a very good night's sleep last night, so... I reserve the right to take a nap later this afternoon.

Although, I did wake up right at 5:00am for a few seconds.  -Which is something that started happening while I was on board the QM2. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »

Oh...

And Regis Philbin is retiring.

I wonder what they will do for a replacement?

I have to say that there are a few people who replace him often who I love watching with Kelly (anderson cooper, jeff probst). But there are some i really don't like watching. I just hope they don't choose one of those people.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »

DR MBARNUM you have a package on the way.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 08:00:53 AM »

We had this young couple over to the house for dinner last night.  He's a distant cousin and she's his g.f., 22-years old and a college student.

Maybe it's me.  I have no idea.  But, over the course of the evening, names like Orson Welles, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, John Dillinger, Al Capone, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Joe Biden, John Lennon and Charlie Chaplin (whose picture was on the wall) came up, and she had absolutely no idea who were were talking about.

It's the same thing with my 19 year old nephew, though he is very much a John Lennon fan (along with the rest of the Beatles.) 

It is pretty much impossible to get him to watch any movie made before 1995.  If it's in black & white, forget it--he will not even sit in the same room.  Judging from what I read on Twitter, he's not very different from others in his generation.
This is why colorization is coming back. And no one seems to be speaking out against it.

I forgot to mention:

The topper was that neither her OR HER FATHER had ever seen a movie with John Wayne.

And, they're native Texans.

:o
Their exit visa is waiting for them at the border.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 08:09:27 AM »

ATLAS SHRUGGED has been announced at various times.  I remember it was supposed to be a 4 hour miniseries with Faye Dunaway at some point.  It seems to me more recently Angelina Jolie was mentioned as the star of a film adaptation.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

Druxy, you repped Sammy Fain, didn't you?  You may be interested to know he evidently gave big IV's for AS YOU REMEMBER THEM, this silly Time Life record set I've been reacquainting myself with.  Lots of info/quotes about his various hits in there.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »

Re:  Lennon.  Just reviewed the excellent doc LENNONYC--highly recommended.

JMK

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:07 AM »

Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy---Dannnnsssse, Charles Pogue!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 08:25:36 AM »

Druxy, you repped Sammy Fain, didn't you?  You may be interested to know he evidently gave big IV's for AS YOU REMEMBER THEM, this silly Time Life record set I've been reacquainting myself with.  Lots of info/quotes about his various hits in there.

Yes, I represented both Sammy and his frequent collaborator, Paul Francis Webster.

They were icons and I'm very proud of the fact that I earned their trust and friendship. 

I have a chapter about them in my book.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

Yup DR JMK - that version has been touted for about 4 years now.....hopefully it won't make it past the "announcing" stage....with Angelina.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 08:31:59 AM »

Fain and Webster.......

"Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" - some songs are perfect for the movies, and are perfect otherwise as well.

Score for CALAMITY JANE.....

Favorite not so well known song - "A Very Precious Love" from MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR - even with Gene Kelly singing it....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Dorothy Collins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iVSHLHHDI

John G.

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »

Fain and Webster.......

"Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" - some songs are perfect for the movies, and are perfect otherwise as well.

Score for CALAMITY JANE.....

Favorite not so well known song - "A Very Precious Love" from MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR - even with Gene Kelly singing it....
To me, Sammy Fain's best was "Flahooley." What an amazing score. So what if the book didn't work? "You, Too, Can Be a Puppet," "Who Says There Ain't No Santa Claus?" "Jump, Little Chillun'" and "Here's to Your Illusions" all work beautifully.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »

The funniest weather report I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1Im1xbjWQ

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 09:16:41 AM »

I'm up, the garage door repair man is here and the DD's are keeping watch.

Happy B-day DR Pogue.

That's all I got

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

LOL!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Consider that RT'd! (Re-Tweeted).
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »

I once again managed to burn a pan of boiling eggs by forgetting they were on a high boil and working on another project ...

You should bury them in the backyard. That's what DR Sandra does when she misboils eggs.

Like a little funeral service??

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »

How interesting that "Atlas Shrugged" is announced for high-profile women stars....when it's John Galt who is central and should be of -- IMO -- the greatest interest to any and every one.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »

That's great. I'm still laughing.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:35 AM »

Seems your cousin has himself a young bimbo.  I can understand her not knowing the actors, but Biden & Lennon-lol.  They are in the news far to often.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »

I'm celebrating by teaching a bunch of young aspiring filmmakers about screenwriting this week.  This morning I shall show them the beginnings of several movies...most of which none of them have ever seen. 

What a rewarding way to celebrate your birth.  I have introduced many a young person to CASABLANCA & have always been thanked for it. 

JMK

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »

How interesting that "Atlas Shrugged" is announced for high-profile women stars....when it's John Galt who is central and should be of -- IMO -- the greatest interest to any and every one.

Well, why do you think they keep asking who he is?   ;D

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »

DR Charles Pogue,

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »

Change of plan: Mr Skip Kennon cannot make it today for reasons of health and so I will head down to the NYPL Theatre Collection to spend some time on the Historic Newspapers Online. This is good.

I once again managed to burn a pan of boiling eggs by forgetting they were on a high boil and working on another project, in this case my subway and tax rceipts. Damn! I do this far too often.

Feel better vibes for Skip!

DR elmore, set a timer before you walk away from whatever you leave on the stove or in the oven!!!  ;D :-*

JMK

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »

Change of plan: Mr Skip Kennon cannot make it today for reasons of health and so I will head down to the NYPL Theatre Collection to spend some time on the Historic Newspapers Online. This is good.

I once again managed to burn a pan of boiling eggs by forgetting they were on a high boil and working on another project, in this case my subway and tax rceipts. Damn! I do this far too often.

Feel better vibes for Skip!

DR elmore, set a timer before you walk away from whatever you leave on the stove or in the oven!!!  ;D :-*

Betsy keeps telling me the same thing--after the kitchen is filled with the scent of burning food.  :)

Jane

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »

So...

Aretha Franklin does not have cancer. And, apparently, never did. Hmmm... ???

Not that I'm following the story closely, however, I don't believe she ever said she had cancer.  I thought only certain news writers were reporting she had, or possibly, had cancer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up