Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ERRATIC MOUSE  (Read 9755 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE ERRATIC MOUSE
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »

I was talking with a restaurateur the other day who owns a place known for its from-scratch pies, including lemon meringue. I asked him if he'd ever made a pink grapefruit meringue pie using a sweet Texas red grapefruit called Rio Star. Just talking about it made me hungry for one, so I went out and bought the grapefruit with the plans of making it later today. The guy called me last night and told me his kitchen had experimented with the idea and a pie was waiting for me at the restaurant. Thought that was very nice of him.

:)

I'll join you and have the lemon meringue.

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Elan!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

Whew!  I went to the office at about 10:30 AM.  I built the printer stand, then set up Edith's computer and moved her old one to the new computer stand in the library/conference room.  Then I had to load in the software and figure out how to move the calendar from her old computer to her new one.  And configure the new printer as a network printer and then get the new computer configured to the network backup.  It took awhile, but I did it.   I was amazed that all my office software activated without buying another license.  I thought I had one license left and was thrilled that I did.   Anyway I looked outside about 3:30 and it was snowing like crazy.   I packed up and left.  It was quite a messy drive home and I am very glad to be here where it's warm. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:56:31 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »

I'm very glad I got this done.  There's still tweaking to do, but all the files Edith works with are in her computer and the rest are accessible through the network.   When I set up my office a year ago, I envisioned having a computer in the conference room for research, checking things for clients online during consultations etc.   It's so nice to finally be able to do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

I need to figure out what I'm going to make for dinner....I think it will include some fun potatoes, maybe baked fries

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »

It's going to be -9 tonight with snow and wind.  Glad I'm home and the car is in the garage.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »

It's like a Spring day today, just beautiful out, but not too hot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »

I wrote four pages this morning, then had some matzo brei, then did some errands and whatnot and picked up the important envelope, and now I'm home.  Just wrote another two pages and will try to write between two and four more in the next couple of hours so that I can then do nothing during the evening but relax and watch motion pictures.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

BK, I've been on Facebook, creating an album of photos:

Ginny & Richard's 30th Anniversary Trip
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »

Thanks for the dream info, Jrand. That sounds about r ight.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »

Cat Freddy and I are awaiting the arrival of 23 year old Cole, whom we will babysitting this evening.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »

Nice trip album, DR Ginny. Love the church with the steeple!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »

Cat Freddy and I are awaiting the arrival of 23 year old Cole, whom we will babysitting this evening.

Are you sure it's not the other way around?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »

Evening all!

DR Elan!!!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »

I finally got to see an epsiode of CASH CAB.  What a strange show, but made more entertaining by the New Yorkers who get in the cab.  Only in New York.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:44:50 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »

You're baby sitting a 23 year old?

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

I've always wanted to get into the cash cab

Danise

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »

I will have my appendix removed on Wednesday, February 16th. It's a good time to do it because I can take off Thursday and Friday and then have the extra Monday of President's Day as well.

DR Ben, I wish you a very speedy recovery!  They took my appendix while doing another surgery.  Not that I miss it but I was surprised because no one said they would do that beforehand.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

I've done about nine pages and I think that's fine for now - a little later maybe I'll finish the page I'm on and do one more.  Truly in the home stretch now with about five chapters to go after I finish the current one.

Danise

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

TOD: All the things I shouldn't eat with my diabetes (pasta, especially mac and cheese; rice, including seafood risotto, which really isn't a side dish; potatoes; peas, especially with fresh mint from the backyard; lentils).

The following Potato Pancake is fairly easy and friends keep asking me to make it:

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/03/shallots-boost-flavor-in-potato-pancake/

DR John G, I'm starting to think you and I are medical twins!  We both have sleep apnea and Diabetes.  Do you also have high BP and Cholesterol?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »

I was talking with a restaurateur the other day who owns a place known for its from-scratch pies, including lemon meringue. I asked him if he'd ever made a pink grapefruit meringue pie using a sweet Texas red grapefruit called Rio Star. Just talking about it made me hungry for one, so I went out and bought the grapefruit with the plans of making it later today. The guy called me last night and told me his kitchen had experimented with the idea and a pie was waiting for me at the restaurant. Thought that was very nice of him.

:)

I'll join you and have the lemon meringue.
  I'd try the grapefruit pie and but would split the lemon meringue with you both and DR Ginny.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »

TOD: All the things I shouldn't eat with my diabetes (pasta, especially mac and cheese; rice, including seafood risotto, which really isn't a side dish; potatoes; peas, especially with fresh mint from the backyard; lentils).

The following Potato Pancake is fairly easy and friends keep asking me to make it:

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/03/shallots-boost-flavor-in-potato-pancake/

If you can't find gold potatoes, will silver work?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR ELAN!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »

Whew!  I went to the office at about 10:30 AM.  I built the printer stand, then set up Edith's computer and moved her old one to the new computer stand in the library/conference room.  Then I had to load in the software and figure out how to move the calendar from her old computer to her new one.  And configure the new printer as a network printer and then get the new computer configured to the network backup.  It took awhile, but I did it.   I was amazed that all my office software activated without buying another license.  I thought I had one license left and was thrilled that I did.   Anyway I looked outside about 3:30 and it was snowing like crazy.   I packed up and left.  It was quite a messy drive home and I am very glad to be here where it's warm.  
  Your were very busy today, DR Cillaliz!   

I just did the laundry and the grocery shopping. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:21:47 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »

I was mad at Toby when I came home because he took a computer CD off my desk and chewed the whole thing up.  I showed him what he took and  spanked his little bottom.

He's mad at me now and is laying on the loveseat with Sheena.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »

It is 45 degrees right now with an expected over night low of 28.  No snow is expected.

We had some very heavy thunder storms early in the week.  One broke a big branch from the tree in the front yard but it didn't hurt anything.  It didn't hit Bonny or the house.  It was a pain to cut up because I don't have a chain saw (another of the many things that came up missing) right now so I had to cut it by hand.  I got it done because the garbage pickup won't take anything over 5 ft long. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »

Here are the links to the Brain videos I posted on You Tube - I finally had several things converted to Quick Time files for easy posting and I'll be uploading them over the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9OpDZzDWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrLCtLde_E

I love both of these clips.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »

I keep asking him to make more, only we need more potatoes first.  I can't cut a raw potato because of my shoulder or I would make my own.

You could always buy THESE.

They look yummy. :)

You can come visit Jane.  There is a really good little bar / restaurant that has Fish and Chips as their Friday special, and they are happy to switch the regular fries to sweet potato fries.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up