Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF  (Read 11224 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »

I am going to crash for the night

Good Night and pleasant dreams!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2011, 11:38:12 PM »

I've watched "The Uninvited" (Paramount, 1944) with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey, and Gail Russell about three times this weekend.  Recorded it, again, off TCM...this time onto a new HDD-DVD recorder.

If anyone out there wants a DVD-R, leave me a private message and a mailing address.  I still have it on my HDD and it takes only a couple of minutes to burn a copy.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »

Last night we watched the last episode of MEDIUM and strongly disliked it.  Such a disappointing end to a series we have enjoyed very much.

I have a different take on this one.  I've known the end was coming for about a month when NBC reduced its order form 18 episodes to 13 back in November.

I thought the final episode was very good.  It was strange and disturbing, and not all based on fact as the real model for Allison and Joe and their daughters are alive and well.   

I loved that final scene of Allison's passing...and of her reuniting with Joe...both young and in love with one another.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »

From Jose:

They are. -And they are available at your local Whole Foods Market. -And they are also packaged under Trader Joe's house-brand.

Sure, rub it in that we don't have either of those store anywhere near us. ;)

The closest TJ's is just over two hours away in California.

The closest WF's is about four hours away in Bend, Oregon.  Often when we are in Portland we go to Whole Foods or when in L.A. 

My Cuisinart food processor juliennes

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »

DR Jane:  Yes, I've kept it off.  And a few more besides...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »

I've watched "The Uninvited" (Paramount, 1944) with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey, and Gail Russell about three times this weekend.  Recorded it, again, off TCM...this time onto a new HDD-DVD recorder.

If anyone out there wants a DVD-R, leave me a private message and a mailing address.  I still have it on my HDD and it takes only a couple of minutes to burn a copy.

Ron, I'd love a copy. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »

When I returned from South Carolina at the end of December, I had a lot of mail awaiting me.

One piece was a letter from my gym -- the Norman Marks Fitness Center.  The letter was from Marks' daughter, Rhonda, informing me that after 65 years, the gym was closing its doors on January 7.   Three weeks ago, I was in that gym for the last time.  His daughter Wendie, who ran the gym with Rhonda for the past several years, told me they were in communication with Jack LaLanne who wanted some of his prototype gym equipment returned to him for his museum.  I expressed some surprise and asked Wendie which equipment had been LaLanne's prototypes...and she walked me through the gym.  Every single piece of equipment I had been training on the past two years -- as part of a program set up for me by one of the trainers there -- was on LaLanne's prototype equipment.

Norman Marks was a contemporary of LaLanne's.  They both got their start here in Oakland.  Both were close friends and competitors.  Marks  lived an extraordinary life, but not on LaLanne's level.  When LaLanne moved south to begin his television career, Marks was the only game in town with an active gym owned and operated by an all-natural bodybuilder with world-class credentials.  Marks died in November 2009.  The gym had lost many customers when he became unable to be in the gym every day.  This happened several years ago.  After his death, his daughters hoped business would return, but it never picked up substantially enough to be profitable for them.  They own the building and can lease it out or sell it, but Oakland has lost a landmark gym that was in operation longer than I've been alive.

It's sad to see these people pass, but it is inevitable.  All things must pass, as they say.

Damn it!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »

You got it!

George

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »

You got it!

Thanks! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up