Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLORIDA BOUND  (Read 11248 times)

Ginny

Re: FLORIDA BOUND
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »

DR Edi - glad you were able to find the sweetness in Valentine's Day, even in the ER.  So, how's your Dad?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »

For the last week, or so, I have had a small twinge in my back.  No big deal.  This afternoon, getting in my car, the small twinge became a major pain.  A pinched nerve, or a pulled muscle of a small stileto inserted in my spine, or something like that.  Two Vicodins have softened the edge on the pain, but I believe it is bedtime.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

Back pain relief vibes for DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »

Good night, TCB. I hope you feel better in the morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »

So, what about your adventure in Geriatricland, Ginny?

Ginny

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

DR Laura - I went to the hospital to see my aunt about 5pm.  She was awake and eating dinner, but wanting to know why no one from her family had been to see her and complaining about how the hospital was fouling up her medications, etc.  Her nurse told me that there are no conclusive test results yet.  Then, about 8pm I had a phone call from my Mom who was panicked because Aunt Jo is not on the "in the hospital" list on the retirement community's closed circuit TV station.  I'm a little weary and hope that my cousin's arrival tomorrow will provide some relief. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »

Vibes to Ben.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2011, 07:19:56 PM »

DR Edi - glad you were able to find the sweetness in Valentine's Day, even in the ER.  So, how's your Dad?

His lungs were good, his shoulder is probably a sprain or possibly a tear in the rotator cuff. He has a bed sore that gives him problems so he has to be turned on his side several times a day and that's when it might have happened. Now that he knows it's nothing too serious he will probably agree to some physical therapy. The main delay was that he gets transported there by ambulance and we had to wait for hours for one to show up. But still, nice to see him mid-week. I love my dad.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »

I didn't hear anything about Maksim Gelman...that's horrible. Vibes to your boss, TCB.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »

Another little problem I'm having is the ear thing.  You know what happens to your ears as your landing.  They normally pop after a few minutes on the ground, but mine haven't yet, so my hearing is all screwed up.  Is there any way to deal with that?  Anyway, just wrote liner notes, and shall now write the notes, get them posted, and get to bed - must get a really good night's sleep.

Edisaurus

« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

Our nephew just moved up to NY, into DR Jose's neck of the woods.

Laura

« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »

I'm glad you will get some relief soon, Ginny.

And I'm glad to hear that Edisaurus's dad is ok. Keep an eye on that bedsore, though.

Laura

« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

Decongestants, BK. Try Afrin. And use it before the plane ride next time.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »

Love that song, td. And it's true about old whiskey and old Kentuckians.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »

bk, I don't know what you can do about that now, but if your ears clear, make sure when you fly back to pick up some of those wax earplugs and jam them into yours ears until the ear canal is sealed up. Then when you land and take them out you should be able to hear. And take a decongestant before you fly, as mentioned earlier. (I know it doesn't help now...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »

Ha...DR Laura, you gave me that advice last time I had to fly...and it worked!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »

Thanks to you all for the vibes. They are much appreciated.

I'm about to turn in for the night.

You will next hear from me perhaps in the early morning before I leave for Beth Israel or sometime on Thursday.

Love to you all, my Friends.
And vibes and prayers for a successful surgery.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

I never realized how serious bedsores can get until he got one. So we all keep an eye on it. The Dr. prescribed some kind of air mattress with pockets that is supposed to help, so we're going to try that, too. How he manages to keep his sense of humor after all he's been through this year is inspiring to me.

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »

I'm going to bed to read (and maybe finish) my Anne Shakespeare book - 'night!

Edisaurus

« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »

Goodnight, Ginny!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I have a day of house prep today, because it's been decided that my cousin from Japan and his 7-year-old son will stay with us when they arrive tomorrow.  They may eventually move into my aunt's house (my cousin's mom), but it needs some attention and I want him to see the condition in which she left it last Friday.

That bad?

She's not ready to be featured on HOARDERS, but there were a few signs that assisted living might not be a bad idea.

Best her children see it for themselves.

Jane

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »

Cute Bernese Mountain Dog at the dog show

That is Ty Ty.  I am on facebook with the woman he belongs too, same woman who is showing him.  I have three facebook friend's who each have one of Ty's pups, all from the same litter.  All the pups are beautiful.

Jane

« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »

From the dog show at home:

Miss Molly Brown on the Mend

Clearly, or not so clearly, taken with my cell phone.

:)  The best kind of dog show.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »

I am so NOT cut out for a career in geriatrics...

Very few people are which is a scary thought since there will be so many of us at once in the near future.

Jane

« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »

His lungs were good, his shoulder is probably a sprain or possibly a tear in the rotator cuff. He has a bed sore that gives him problems so he has to be turned on his side several times a day and that's when it might have happened. Now that he knows it's nothing too serious he will probably agree to some physical therapy. The main delay was that he gets transported there by ambulance and we had to wait for hours for one to show up. But still, nice to see him mid-week. I love my dad.

Vibes to you both!!!

Jane

« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »

Another little problem I'm having is the ear thing.  You know what happens to your ears as your landing.  They normally pop after a few minutes on the ground, but mine haven't yet, so my hearing is all screwed up.  Is there any way to deal with that?  Anyway, just wrote liner notes, and shall now write the notes, get them posted, and get to bed - must get a really good night's sleep.

Make sure you get some nose drops or spray for your trip home.  Use them before you have a problem, especially for landings.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2011, 07:56:21 PM »

I never realized how serious bedsores can get until he got one. So we all keep an eye on it. The Dr. prescribed some kind of air mattress with pockets that is supposed to help, so we're going to try that, too. How he manages to keep his sense of humor after all he's been through this year is inspiring to me.

Did they give him a special mattress?  They have them for bedsores.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »

DR Laura - I went to the hospital to see my aunt about 5pm.  She was awake and eating dinner, but wanting to know why no one from her family had been to see her and complaining about how the hospital was fouling up her medications, etc.  Her nurse told me that there are no conclusive test results yet.  Then, about 8pm I had a phone call from my Mom who was panicked because Aunt Jo is not on the "in the hospital" list on the retirement community's closed circuit TV station.  I'm a little weary and hope that my cousin's arrival tomorrow will provide some relief. 

Relief vibes!!  You may be watching the seven year old, not sure if that will more exhausting :)

Danise

« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »

Evening all!  Just popping in real quick.  I have to stop laying down on the couch.  I fell asleep again and I know I wasn't breathing.  My head feels all funny.

Welcome to the Land of Sunshine, Bruce!   I hope your stay goes well for you and that you enjoy your time here.  Feel better vibes!

I just hope that you don't see the kind of fog we had this morning.  I was really scared on the short drive to the bus stop.  You couldn't see past the hood of the car in places. 

Vibes to Ben and TCB!  Vibes to all else that need them!

Not much else going on with me.

Have a wonderful evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up