Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NAPLES. FLORIDA, THAT IS  (Read 12202 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: NAPLES. FLORIDA, THAT IS
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »

I enjoyed watching the Dog Show last night - such beautiful dogs.  And the commentary wasn't too bad either.

I haven't been able to watch it yet.  I'm saving it for the weekend.  I watched the Bernese Mountain Dogs on line.  That was fun.  I missed the commentary so the only dog I knew was the one that won, which was kind of cool knowing the dog.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »

* * * * *  HAPPY APPENDECTOMY TO DR BEN!   * * * * *

When you wake up, DR Ben, you can have all the ice cream you want!

I believe you have confused surgery's.  This one is known for having a tube down your nose into your stomach to prevent infection.  I suspect DR Ben won't need the tube since this was scheduled & not an emergency.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »

I had my appendix removed in an emergency operation when I was eight years old.  I had had stomach cramps for days and on Thursday evening, I began vomiting in all kinds of different colors.  Because my regular doctor didn't have evening hours, my parents took me to another doctor my aunt recommended.  Not only did his poking at my lower abdomen cause me to jump to the ceiling, but he went on to freak me out when he shouted, "He's got to be operated on NOW!!!"  Fortunately, the hospital was right across the street from his office.  My mom and dad never left my side as I was checked in and prepped and wheeled into the operating room.  The next thing I can recall was looking out of my recovery room window and thinking I was seeing little Chinese children in coolie hats jumping on and off a Ferris wheel.

It sounds like it was fortunate your parents didn't wait to see your regular doctor.  Kind of funny about your hallucination. :)

Jane

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

DR Jane, I thought of you last night while watching the social network episode of THE GOOD WIFE. Did you see it yet? :)

We haven't watched it yet.  Last night we watched "Harry" and then an excellent episode of "Castle".

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 09:19:44 AM »

My hiking group canceled this morning due to possible ice as it is cold out and snowed last night.  Now I'm deciding to hike here or go to the trails, using Keith's car not mine.  I have lunch plans later today I plan on keeping.  Again I will take Keith's car.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »

Hey everyone - nothing new to say.  Hope everyone is fine and dandy.   

Vibes to bk for good travel back to CA
Vibes to DR Ben for his appendectomy

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal.  That goes from one to four.  First show is at six-thirty, so I'll either stay down there and find a nearby restaurant, or I'll come back to the hotel IF Gregory and Linda are coming back - they don't know that they are.  If the first show is at six-thirty, I'd imagine the second show would be eight-thirty or thereabouts, which means that I could be back here by ten, which would be ideal.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »

The new season of SURVIVOR starts tonight. I have not decided if I will be watching this time, or not. I bailed out of last season's about half way through.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

For anyone in need of it:

You-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

The new season of SURVIVOR starts tonight. I have not decided if I will be watching this time, or not. I bailed out of last season's about half way through.

Good thing:  Boston Rob is back

Horrible thing:  The vile Russell is also back...for the third time in less than what seems like a year. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

Vibes to BK for a great show!

FJL

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »

More vibes to DR Ben!!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »

Horrible thing:  The vile Russell is also back...for the third time in less than what seems like a year. 

Well Boston Rob is one of my all time favorite Survivors so I definitely will be watching. And I actually sort of like Evil Russell. He is a quite brilliant player. So I will enjoy seeing what will happen.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

I got back from the NYPL to a message from Anthony: he clearly doesn't have my cell phone number either. The message was dated 1:41 pm, and DR Ben has come through the surgery so well that he may be going home this evening,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm back from the doctor's office. -Low level inner ear infection. He didn't give me any "real" meds - antibiotics - just some prescription strength ibuprofen - since it appears to already be on it's way out of my body. But at least that explains my fatigue over the past couple of days.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »

~~~~~SURGERY AND RECOVERY VIBES TO DR BEN~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »

Glad to see that bk is enjoying himself in Florida.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »

And sorry to post and run, but I do need to take a nap. I shall catch up in a few hours.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »

That's good news about Ben. And Jose!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

On another positive note, I received in today's post the edit for the Herbert Music for Cello & Piano. I cannot wait to hear it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »

I am so embarrassed! I forgot that yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my dad's death, and the 14th was the second anniversary of the discovery of John McGlinn's body. No wonder I'm having weird dreams.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

I got back from the NYPL to a message from Anthony: he clearly doesn't have my cell phone number either. The message was dated 1:41 pm, and DR Ben has come through the surgery so well that he may be going home this evening,

Great news! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »

Glad to see that bk is enjoying himself in Florida.

Ditto! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »

great news.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

There do seem to be some interesting contestants this round, so I will check it out...although one thing I didn't need was any more of Russell. Can't stand the guy and he reminds me too much of the step father I had as a kid...what a creep.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »

I am so embarrassed! I forgot that yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my dad's death, and the 14th was the second anniversary of the discovery of John McGlinn's body. No wonder I'm having weird dreams.

Wow, it's already been 2 years since John McGlinn past away.  Crazy how time goes by.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »

I wonder if cab driver, Davide, also lives in Naples, Florida or just in Naples, Italy?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59:51 PM »

They do know he has a lot of steps to climb when he gets home, I hope...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »

Wow, it's already been 2 years since John McGlinn past away.  Crazy how time goes by.

Crazy is right.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »

Well Boston Rob is one of my all time favorite Survivors so I definitely will be watching. And I actually sort of like Evil Russell. He is a quite brilliant player. So I will enjoy seeing what will happen.

"Brilliant" players win, Jennifer.  In two tries, Russell has only alienated anyone and everyone who might have cast a "winning"vote for him.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up