Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HOMEWARD BOUND  (Read 12053 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: HOMEWARD BOUND
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »

At least to Page Three?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »

Hmmm...I was having difficulty repsonding to a post by DR Laura and finally gave up - to now discover she has deleted the post and fled for the hills.

Return and Engage woman!

der Brucer

You didn't post before you left, so I thought everyone would think I was seeing things. So I deleted it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »

And what about the single songs, like the stuff he added to "Hot Shot" or "The Boy From ..." from "The Mad Show"? And the early pre-Broadway shows, several songs of which have now been recorded?

And don't forget the movies:  Songs from Dick Tracy, Seven Percent Solution, etc.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:56:13 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »

Blue skies. Where is that rain they were talking about??

DERBRUCER

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »

Hmmm...I was having difficulty repsonding to a post by DR Laura and finally gave up - to now discover she has deleted the post and fled for the hills.

Return and Engage woman!

der Brucer

You didn't post before you left, so I thought everyone would think I was seeing things. So I deleted it.

I was hiding from you  in yesterday's posts.

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

Morning all.

I'm looking forward to the next fews day for relaxation and sleep. I don't have pain but I'm sore and sitting down and getting up puts pressure on the spot so I have to be careful how I move, otherwise all is progressing well.

Good morning, DR Ben! I'm glad you got through the night okay. I think Anthony and I were both a bit worried that you had come home too early.

DITTO!  I think lots of us were concerned you went home too soon.

I'll bet a dish of ice cream would make you feel better!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »

I'm home, safe and sound and also sound and safe.  And tiiiiired.  And trying to catch up on Kritzerland stuff.  And I have to say the Mac Mail program is really irritating me - every time I go and then come back it takes a bloody hour for it to figure things out - you delete stuff and it pops right back up - it won't send, it just sits there like so much annoying fish.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »

Can't we more on?

"...more on..."?   Is this a play on words?    :)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 01:13:32 PM »

I'm home, safe and sound and also sound and safe.  And tiiiiired.  And trying to catch up on Kritzerland stuff. 

Been there, done that....and I know how great it feels to return to one's "personal space".

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »

Tonight my Mother and I are going to see the documentary RISE: 1961, about the plane crash that took the lives of the entire US figure skating team and the legacy that created opportunities for many contemporary skaters.  Richard will drive us and view some other movie of his choice at the multiplex.

Would love to see this, too.  Let us know what you think of it, will you?

I'm hoping it will be available on home video in the near future.   I well remember that plane crash.  I had watched my first Winter Olympics in 1960 on ABC television, channel 13, out of Asheville NC.  It was a mesmerizing experience.   It was really devastating that the U.S. figure skating team was lost in that crash. So many lives, hopes and dreams lost forever.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »

It's here in Oakland, DR Laura.  Buckets and buckets of it.  And it's cold.  And there are high winds and hail.  We're having quite a day of it!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »

It's here in Oakland, DR Laura.  Buckets and buckets of it.  And it's cold.  And there are high winds and hail.  We're having quite a day of it!

Freezing is more like it

Laura

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

Morning all.

I'm looking forward to the next fews day for relaxation and sleep. I don't have pain but I'm sore and sitting down and getting up puts pressure on the spot so I have to be careful how I move, otherwise all is progressing well.

Good morning, DR Ben! I'm glad you got through the night okay. I think Anthony and I were both a bit worried that you had come home too early.

DITTO!  I think lots of us were concerned you went home too soon.

I'll bet a dish of ice cream would make you feel better!

I know a dish of ice cream would make ME feel better!

Laura

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »

You should share. We need it more than you do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »

It's a glorious and sunny 71 degrees here! (Gotta brag when I can!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »

It is really nice and warm here today!  Not sure what the high was, but right now it is supposedly 5C (40F). It must have been warmer earlier. When you have -20C this weather feels like spring!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »

* * * * *  Speedy but relaxed recovery vibes for DR Ben  * * * * *

Oh yes, oh yes!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »

BK, am so glad the Linda and Greg show went well....I am so looking forward to Linda's show in April...wish Greg was going to be part of it...I would very much enjoy hearing him sing...actually, just looking at him would likely be enjoyable...but with singing, doubly so.

There will be a guy with Linda at her show in Salem, but I am not familiar with him. Len Lessack is his name.

He's done some albums on the LML label.

Didn't he start the LML label?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »

Return and Engage woman!

der Brucer

We would have figured he left without posting, at least I would have. :)

Jane

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »

I'm home, safe and sound and also sound and safe. 

:)

You flights went more smoothly than Craig's are going today.  At this point he has definitely missed his connection in San Francisco. 

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »

It is really nice and warm here today!  Not sure what the high was, but right now it is supposedly 5C (40F). It must have been warmer earlier. When you have -20C this weather feels like spring!

We have been nowhere near that cold & I'm happy it is back up to 40 today, especially since today was my swim class.  I found getting into the hot jacuzzi to warm up before leaving helps tremendously.  Going home in warm wet clothes feels much better than cold wet clothes.

George

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »

For those of you who would like to order it early, Sondheim's second book,  Look, I Made a Hat: Collected Lyrics (1981-2011) with Attendant Comments, Amplifications, Dogmas, Harangues, Wafflings, Diversions and Anecdotes, is available for pre-order on Amazon. (It ships in October.)

I'll certainly buy it, but I won't actually place my order until September or maybe early October.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »

Update on CBS' Grammy reporters status HERE

der Brucer

John G.

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »

And what about the single songs, like the stuff he added to "Hot Shot" or "The Boy From ..." from "The Mad Show"? And the early pre-Broadway shows, several songs of which have now been recorded?

And don't forget the movies:  Songs from Dick Tracy, Seven Percent Solution, etc.

der Brucer
And the special lyrics for the revues like "Sondheim on Sondheim."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »

BK, am so glad the Linda and Greg show went well....I am so looking forward to Linda's show in April...wish Greg was going to be part of it...I would very much enjoy hearing him sing...actually, just looking at him would likely be enjoyable...but with singing, doubly so.

There will be a guy with Linda at her show in Salem, but I am not familiar with him. Len Lessack is his name.

You could be right.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2011, 03:13:24 PM »

Can't we more on?

"...more on..."?   Is this a play on words?    :)
I;m takeng typing lessons from Vixmom.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »

Update on CBS' Grammy reporters status HERE

der Brucer

Thank you.  I didn't watch the video when it first hit the news.  I realize now I should have simply to be educated. 

DR Ginny has DS Rob commented if he has learned what to do in a situation like this?

George

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »

You could be right.

Turns out, I did remember correctly:

LML Music is an independent label dedicated to distributing the finest in Cabaret, Jazz and Broadway vocals. All of the artists on LML have produced their own recordings; some independently and others with the incredible support of their friends and fans. Here you will discover some of the most incredible and heartfelt voices you shall ever experience.

Founded in 1995 by award-winning recording artist Lee Lessack, LML now distributes for over 65 vocalists in the US & Canada. We have also recently signed distribution deals in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom. In addition we have expanded our catalogue to include some of the finest LIVE concert recordings produced by the Actors’ Fund of America and the S.T.A.G.E. organization. In 2004 LML also signed distribution deals with two other boutique labels, Midder Music and Ducy Lee....

:D

Jane

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »

Quote from: Cillaliz on February 16, 2011, 07:44:31 PM
Very cool!  I hope to see it....can you buy a DVD yet?   Will we be able to do that in the future?

From Edi:
End of March or early April--you can preorder on Amazon...lots of people already have!

For some reason I didn't think there was going to be a video.  I'm going to purchase the DVD & wait to get the local ticket.  That way if the weather keeps me home, or any other reason, I won't take a seat someone else would have used.  I know Craig wants to see it and it looks like he can't go on the night it is showing in town.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »

One more time.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up