Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS  (Read 10274 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were bananas, and now it is time for you to post until the bananas cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:15:42 PM »

And the word of the day is: LUCUBRATION!

MBarnum

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »

Whew, had a busy Saturday and am just now catching (ketchuping) with posts.

MBarnum

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »

DR Jane, I didn't get back on-line to answer your question, but the answer is that I have not yet seen YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

MBarnum

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »

JohnG, don't listen to Elmore. He has no taste in motion pictures.

And don't listen to DR Laura. She falls asleep at everthing, except for plays, wherein she laughs at the dirty parts.

And yes indeed, you do want to see ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE...it is far superior than any Star Wars film ( I liked the first Star Wars...but have disliked all of the sequels and prequels).

MBarnum

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:40:36 PM »

Here is the trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnfviN13uyY

How could you not want to watch a film like that?!

MBarnum

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:46:29 PM »

Had my first taste of Filipino food today.

Had stopped by the Goodwill in Keizer and noticed that next door there was a grand opening for a Filipino restaurant, so I checked it out.

I had Menudo (which is different from Mexican Menudo...which is different from the band Menudo, also)

I also had Dinugauan (Pork Blood Stew). The owner (who was very suprised that I had tried it) told me it was made from the stomach lining and, when available, intestines, plus the blood, evidently.

I forget what the third item was, but it had meat and bitter melons.

All of the food was very good, but the Menudo was my favorite. I plan to go back soon and try some other dishes.

MBarnum

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »

Well, that is a lot of posts from me. Now it is time to go back and read Saturday's posts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 04:56:34 AM »

Good morning, all! I went to bed around 9 and slept reasonably well until sometime around 4 am. From then until the alarm at 6:45 i was mostly awake, thinking about various and sundried concerns.

I just canceled my late afternoon Appalachian Christmas meeting; I've got too much of WHERE'S CHARLEY? to deal with today. The first thing on my agenda is the laundry, and when that's over, I have soem Victor Herbert writing to attend to before I jimp onto the fixes for CHARLEY?

DR JohnG, I'm happy that the puerile PUPPET PEOPLE appeals to DR MBarnum's childlike approach to reality, but on a scale of 10, I place it much lower than 1, probably lower than 0.5, in fact! One man's whimsy is another man's poison.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:00:51 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 05:09:12 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 05:10:12 AM »

I doubt that I shall ever see Attack of the Puppet People unless the library gets a copy. But who could not want to see a movie in which a doll takes a bubble bath in a coffee cup? Brave new world it is.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 05:10:40 AM »

I have to play bells this morning, so it's off to rehearsal.
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 05:12:23 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard called in sick, so we are not on our way to Lima.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »

Hi, DR Ben - how are you feeling today?  Sorry I haven't been very attentive during your convalescence - our family issues have kept me kind of busy this week.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »

The laundry is in the dryers. Herbert reports are in the works.

More coffee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 05:58:25 AM »

Tonight is the season premiere of TAR!

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 06:00:14 AM »

I saw The Social Network a few days ago and liked it very much. But I would like to read about the differences between the movie and reality.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »

I'm not sure how much of this is true. But this is an interesting comparison:
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/thesocialnetwork.php

Ben

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 06:14:50 AM »

Hi, DR Ben - how are you feeling today?  Sorry I haven't been very attentive during your convalescence - our family issues have kept me kind of busy this week.

No need to apologize. You have more pressing matters to worry about. I'm doing very well. Every day I feel better. I haven't ventured out yet. That won't happen until Tuesday when I go back to work (and of course the weather takes a turn for the worse on Monday and Tuesday). I see the surgeon on Friday and I assume I'll get an OK since I have no problems. Then I will see my primary care physician to fill him in on how it all went. But overall, I feel good.

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 06:22:55 AM »

DR Ben - I'm glad to hear your good report.

The freezing rain just started here, so now I'm REALLY glad we're not on our way to Lima!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 06:41:40 AM »

DR Ben - I'm glad to hear your good report.

The freezing rain just started here, so now I'm REALLY glad we're not on our way to Lima!

I just spoke to Jo and Randy, and she mentioned that sleet was covering their deck. Thursday here was verty springlike and warm, but Friday the temperature dropped. Yesterday it was very chilly. Same this morning.

One interesting thing she told me: Macbeth has officially retired, but he still comes into the office o about three days a week and makes her life miserable. If I were married to Lady M, I wouldn't stay home either. If I had to choose between death and Lady M, I'd learn to appreciate being dead.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:43:46 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 06:46:16 AM »

Time to finish the laundry!

td

• td
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 06:49:13 AM »

I am also a fan of LAST TANGO IN PARIS, though I don't think that it is Bertolucci's masterpiece.  That honor would, IMHO, go to THE CONFORMIST.

When TANGO played in the local repertory houses, I would always make it a point to take someone new to see it with me.  Not one of them were offended or bored, although they would always be going in with a chip on their shoulders because of all the talk about TANGO.

I've had the soundtrack on lp and cd, but I have never owned the movie on any format.  Maybe the blu-ray is the way to go.

There are also many similarities between TANGO and AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, they would make an interesting double feature.

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 07:07:48 AM »

All went well except for the lesbian couple who decided to invade the territory around my dryer, making the logistics of removing and sorting things difficult.  Here's what I do not understand: they came in just as I was leaving the laundromat after putting my clothes in the dryer for an hour. The washers take 35 minute. What the hell could they have dried in 25 minutes to be working at the dryers next to mine? Everything looked wet to me. Pisses me off. That's why I try to be first in and first out.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: LUCUBRATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I CONCENTRATE ON YOU

Danise

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »

Hi all.   Sorry I disappeared last night.  I was fine and then a wave of tiredness broke over me.  It felt like if I didn't lay down, I would fall down.  The party may have been in full swing just outside my window but that didn't bother me.  I was asleep in a matter of moments  and didn't wake up until this morning.

I don't know why that happens but when it does, I can't fight it.

I had the strangest dreams as well.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 08:05:54 AM »

BK,

I definitely agree with you on the Woody Allen film.

It was not funny.

The sad (and baffling) thing is that there were a couple of story lines in the movie that could have been hilarious, but weren't.

But, I'm not giving up on Woody yet.

Every 2-3 films, he comes up with a gem.
You can dream…or you can do.

Danise

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »

Must be weird to see yourself like that old commercial, BK. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 08:07:51 AM »

Glad to hear your feeling better, DR Ben.  Still take it easy.  Listen to whatever your body trys to tell you.  If it needs rest, rest.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up