Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARRIVAL OF MARCH  (Read 14142 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE ARRIVAL OF MARCH
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Well, I had some excitement last night.  Was sitting here watching TV, minding my own business when I heard a super LOUD crash.  I went outside and the neighbors tree had a very large section fall.  Not on my side (this time).  Thank goodness no one or their car/home was hit or hurt.

I hate to say it but I think they are going to have to take the rest of the tree down.  It just keeps dropping branches. 

That's the same tree that nearly killed me.  I was painting a table back when I was trying to move back into the house and the guy I had working on the bathroom (that was after Turner) needed something from Home Depot.  He didn't know this area very well so even though I didn't want to, I went and got the what-ever-it-was (can't remember what) for him. 

When I pulled back into the driveway, the table I was working on was smashed beyond repair because a large branch from that same tree had fell and hit it.  If I had been there painting that table like I wanted to.........

Very frighting!  I hope they do take that tree down.

Danise

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »

My son, David, is coming into town today for a 5 day visit.

First time he's been to Austin.

:)

:)  Have a wonderful visit.
  Ditto!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »

I also hope they take the rest of the tree down.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »

Danise, it's just the aches of yard work. If I did yard work all the time, I'd be fine.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »

Well, I had some excitement last night.  Was sitting here watching TV, minding my own business when I heard a super LOUD crash.  I went outside and the neighbors tree had a very large section fall.  Not on my side (this time).  Thank goodness no one or their car/home was hit or hurt.

I hate to say it but I think they are going to have to take the rest of the tree down.  It just keeps dropping branches. 

That's the same tree that nearly killed me.  I was painting a table back when I was trying to move back into the house and the guy I had working on the bathroom (that was after Turner) needed something from Home Depot.  He didn't know this area very well so even though I didn't want to, I went and got the what-ever-it-was (can't remember what) for him. 

When I pulled back into the driveway, the table I was working on was smashed beyond repair because a large branch from that same tree had fell and hit it.  If I had been there painting that table like I wanted to.........

The HHW vibes are so strong, Danise, that they surround you and insulate you from harm at all times!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »

The good news is that we are now past the point of possible freezing temperatures. This year has been very strange. It usually never freezes in February, yet we had TWO hard freezes.

I today I cut back my frozen lantana bush. Sigh. There are probably thirty shrubs that need to be cut back at the church, though.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Danise

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »

Very frighting!  I hope they do take that tree down.
  It's old and you can see it's not in very good shape.  You don't have to be an expert to see the difference between that oak tree and the one in my front yard. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

Today I planted several plants, since we are past the freezing stage.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »

TCB, this is what i received:  (note I hadn't made a request.  they created a request out of thin air, then denied it.  :) )

"Regardless of what you have been told, it is not permissible to alter a copyrighted lyric without permission, even if it is solely for a website and no money is earned as a result. Frank Music Corp. does not allow any changes of lyric to our copyrights, therefore your request to do so is denied. Any unauthorized changes will be considered tantamount to willful copyright infringement and may result in legal action."

Good thing they didn't know about What If and our Guys and Dolls parody - but they couldn't have done one damn thing about it despite what they say.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »

After a little drama with one of our singers (her car got towed and she was fifteen minutes late, and then had to leave right at six, so we were really up against her time crunch) - it all worked out fine, but we are so clear about the stumble-through day and that no one should put us in that time crunch because it impacts everyone.  But all was well and the stumble-through went very well - a couple of accompaniment hiccups but that's to be expected and we worked on those moments.

Danise

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »

The HHW vibes are so strong, Danise, that they surround you and insulate you from harm at all times!
Thanks DR TCB.  I somehow get the feeling my Mom had something to do with that as well.

That same guy told me that before that tree limb fell, he thought he heard someone in the house and stuck his head out the bathroom.  He claims he saw me in the living room and wondered why I hadn't left yet because he thought he heard Bonny start (and I had).  He said "she" looked very much like me.   But when he blinked, she was gone.

Not saying but just saying, if you know what I mean.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »

Interesting. :)

Danise

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »

Night all!  Have a wonderful evening!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »

Dessert was anything but vegan tonight. Bing cherry-blueberry tiramisu.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

I am having a gin and tonic and then I am heading to bed. I have to be at the NYU Dental clinic at 8:30am tomorrow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »

Scary story about the tree, Danise. Hope your nerves are calmer now.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »

Hi all!   Glad to read that DR Elmore got his money. 

Vibes to Cilla--we are sort of in the same boat.  The FDBPR recovery fund has had my application since October but it hasn't made it down the list to be approved.  Even if it was approved I was told that the funds are not there to pay the claim and they are 2 years or more behind in paying anything.  There is a hope because they changed way the fund is funded.  But with this new governor we are saddled with (the same idiot who wants to turn down the Federal Funding for the high speed train ie JOBS) it is possible that he will stop the program before I get anywhere near that money.

Sigh.

Vibes to you too, Danise,  I think we really are all in the same boat with the economy and our situations. Kind of nice to know that we're not alone.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »

Of course, after DR Danise's story, I have the theme song to "George of the Jungle" going through my head. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

And now...

I'm gonna pack my luggage, and then try to get a few hours of sleep before I head to airport around 6:30am.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »

Travel vibes to Jose

FJL

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Vibes of any sort needed to dear DR Danise

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »

Travel vibes to DR Jose

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »

Vibes to everyone!!!

FJL

« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

Cilla, catching up and hoping all works out!  That really stinks about the payments.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

Thanks FJL.   It's happening to lots of people.  I'm lucky that I have other areas of my practice so that I can make up for it.  I was counting on it in February and made it through without it, so I think I'm past the worst part.  I'm just pretending that I'm never going to get it and that way when it does finally come, it will be a major celebration.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

I guess Elmore's conversation is why I brought it up again.  Misery loves company.

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

I've been sitting with the heat pad most of the night and I'm feeling a little better.  I'm going to take a couple aleve and hope the cats let me sleep through the night.  I think that would really improve my shoulder and my attitude

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »

On a happy note.....the Estherville Midgettes (the female version of our Midget mascot) basketball team won their first game at the state girls basketball tournament.   Girls basketball has always been a big deal in Iowa.  Not as big since they went from 6 on 6 to 5 on 5, but towns still practically shut down to take bus loads of people to the tourney.   I went once. It was fun
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up