Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 7  (Read 9624 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 7
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »

Page Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »

As I mentioned last night, I spent about 18 hours in a room in the newly-opened heart tower at Miami Valley Hospital.  I asked a lot of people, especially the ones who wheeled me around, how they liked the new building.  The transport person who took me to and from my second set of pictures yesterday said in the old building she walked about 9-12 miles/day.  In the new building, it's more like 12-15 and she said that's her workout program!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »

DR Ginny, glad all was well health wise....and glad that you went and got checked out...better safe than sorry!

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »

BK, congrats on another wonderful, well received Gardenia show!!

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »

Today they will be painting all the doors on the fourth floor of my apartment building. I am wondering what color my door will be when I get home tonight.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »

DR Elmore, please do not send ANY kind of negative e-mail re: Toyland. You don't want to burn any bridges, ever.

Can you get unemployment benefits?

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 08:17:16 AM »

DR Ginny, glad all was well health wise....and glad that you went and got checked out...better safe than sorry!

Thanks, DR MBarnum - that's exactly what the cardio nurse said when we asked if we'd done the right thing!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »

I decided not to stop watching SOUTHLAND...and I am glad. This week's episode was certainly a good one. Next week is the season finale, then I will try to catch up on episodes that I missed due to my DVR not recording them.

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »

DR Vixmom, thanks for the congratulations on the Jewell Lain interview  :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »

Today they will be painting all the doors on the fourth floor of my apartment building. I am wondering what color my door will be when I get home tonight.

Green? 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »

Good interview with Miles Krueger:

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/134207970/Musical-Theater-Museum-Struggles-To-Preserve-Archives

Made me think of your struggles, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

I'm up.  Not quite enough sleep, but I'll catch up tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »

At the moment, the next show will be Alan Menken - BUTT - I'm waffling on it - it's really not the kind of show I'm quite ready to do - but we'll see how I feel by tomorrow.  I chose it because I still have all the charts in the garage from the Menken/Schwartz benefit and the MD I've hired played that - so if I can find enough obscure stuff that's great then it will feel like one of our shows rather than a greatest hits, which is NOT what we're about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »

I've already axed the old helper's boyfriend and friend - they have nothing to do with this anymore.  And right now I have no inclination to go back to the old helper, even though I totally understand her problems and commiserate with her.  On the other hand, the current helper, who is great, is also a performer and she could get a gig at any time that would take her away, and that makes me very nervous.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I've received the office supplies and I'm contemplating my next move.

Miles is a good fellow.  I've known him for some time now, and he's been very helpful with things.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »

Just found out that my favorite dish at the Cheesecake Factory, the farfalle with chicken and roasted garlic in a "light" cream sauce, has 2100 calories.  Unbelievable.  The Cheesecake Factory always takes the award for most calories in a dish.

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »

That is why The Cheesecake Factory is so yummy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »

From Bruce:
Back from a wonderful show - beautifully performed.  Not as full as usual, but that was basically because of the rain - all our dinner reservations showed up and the main part of the room was completely full.  The people who didn't show up at all were all show-only reservations - about twelve people - had they, the room would have been completely full.
:D

Jane

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I meet the McGlinnventory paralegal Geri at 9:30 to look for some Victor Herbert scores, catch up things with her, and head over to Toyland to collect items that belong to me, such as all the office books, ephemera pertaining to BABES IN TOYLAND and LADY OF THE SLIPPER, and the iMac I had purchased in 2007. In the two breakins in the old office on 14th Street in 2006 and 2007, we lost office computers as well as personal computers owned by our office manager and Russell Warner, none of which were ever replaced by our employer, no matter how many inquiries were made about insurance policies, etc. After the move to Toyland in August 2007 we had no working computer in the office.

The iMac I purchased in 2007 was still under warranty when its disc rejection machinery broke down and it needed repair. Since the repair was at Tekserve on 23rd Street and Toyland is on 27th, I decided to purchase a new computer, have the old one serviced, and take it to Toyland so we could have an office computer.

As to yesterday's events in Toyland, everyone was laid off but me. I have several suspicions - some good, some bad - on why I was not, but it does me no good since I'm both supportive of and dependent on my team. I can do no work, and no billing, without them. So, until a decision is made on what will happen with this project, I'm unemployed and I'm looking for work. What this country needs is a university press or a foundation willing to support a musical theatre project to promote research and publication of important scores and to put me and my colleagues in charge.

When I get home from Toyland, I'll check today's mail for whatever fresh new hell will be coming down the pike.

Technically you are still employed except there is absolutely no work you can do on your own.  It is so odd then you are still employed or that a time frame for closing wasn't given to get things closed up properly.  I get the billing part but don't really understand why you can't do your own creative parts.  In a way it is a shame you can't continue to do the work you love about the job.

CONTINUED VIBES!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »

Congrats to BK and his cast and crew on last evening's Kritzerland at The Gardenia show!

Ditto!!  It sounds like it was a fabulous evening! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

Good morning, all.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »

And on a happy note...our very own Elmore has reached a new plateau:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »

That is why The Cheesecake Factory is so yummy.

You got that right!

FJL

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »

"Calories are what nature put into food to make it taste good."  - Alan King

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Oy! Such a day I've had.

It was too long, but I did have a good catch-up with Geri at the McGlinnventory office. I gathered up the Herbert scores I needed and headed to Toyland. We had sent in an order for office supplies and I was told yesterday, "Your order will be arriving today and everyone but you is on hiatus." Why did they even bother to place the order?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »

They place an order & everyone, but you, is on hiatus.  It sounds like they plan to return to the project. ???

Jane

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2011, 03:29:43 PM »

I went to my aquatic exercise class today and was surprised to find the pool practically empty.  Class had been canceled due to a broken heater which had been fixed by the time I arrived only the temps hadn't warmed up back to normal.  It was a bit chilly getting in but then I was fine.  I enjoyed going for a free swim more than the combination of the class followed by a swim.  I also found out I can do this on Fridays so next week I'll give it a try and see how busy the free swim is.

I had a good work out.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »

You might need to look closely to read this.

George

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »

You might need to look closely to read this.

Here's a slightly different, but larger, version:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:07:18 PM by George »

George

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »

And I remember seeing this version a few years ago when prices were REALLY bad:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up