Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BUCKLE AND SWASH  (Read 9329 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BUCKLE AND SWASH
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima on this sunny, but c-c-c-cold, day.  We made a nursing home visit to a parishioner who had hip replacement surgery in Columbus on Tuesday.  Her 90-year-old husband drove her back to Lima on Friday for 2 weeks of recovery/rehab before she goes home.  He was in church this morning and she was all perky when we visited - they're great examples of how to age!

Wow!  Healing vibes to her!!!

Danise

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima on this sunny, but c-c-c-cold, day.  We made a nursing home visit to a parishioner who had hip replacement surgery in Columbus on Tuesday.  Her 90-year-old husband drove her back to Lima on Friday for 2 weeks of recovery/rehab before she goes home.  He was in church this morning and she was all perky when we visited - they're great examples of how to age!

Wow!  Healing vibes to her!!!
That's nice to hear!  I also send healing vibes to her and vibes to her husband as well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »

90 years old and still driving.  Wow! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »

Congratulations, Danise. (I'm only now catching up on yesterday.)
Thank you John G!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »

I don't know how to tell this to my cold friends but I'm sitting here with all of the windows open and the overhead fan running.  Spring has sprung here in Florida.

But I did hear on the news that we are going to get some heavy rain showers this week because of a cold front going though.  I don't know if that will lower our temps back down into the cold range.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »

I am just now getting back home - 

I went to the 9 AM service - the Vixter slept in today - after the service I took one of our elderly parishioners to Panera for an early lunch.  While there I decided to get my parents the danish ring they so enjoy.  So after driving elderly parishioner home I stop by my folk's house where I was quite surprised to find my niece, who I thought was in Rhode Island, her boy friend, who I thought was in France and my brother who I thought was in Massachusetts  helping my mother unload groceries from the car I thought she was no longer driving

I am apparently the least informed member of my family
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 02:29:46 PM »

So I ended up calling Vixdad and the Vixter to drive over and we spent the afternoon catching up on things
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 02:37:59 PM »

If the rich guy resumes you might suggest to him, elmore, that he hires someone who actually knows how to produce an album and NOT be profligate.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »

I went to the 9 AM service - the Vixter slept in today - after the service I took one of our elderly parishioners to Panera for an early lunch.  While there I decided to get my parents the danish ring they so enjoy.  So after driving elderly parishioner home I stop by my folk's house where I was quite surprised to find my niece, who I thought was in Rhode Island, her boy friend, who I thought was in France and my brother who I thought was in Massachusetts  helping my mother unload groceries from the car I thought she was no longer driving

Oh goodness!!  I'm not sure to laugh or cry for you.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »

So I ended up calling Vixdad and the Vixter to drive over and we spent the afternoon catching up on things

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »

Had a very good time at the show, actually.  I actually sold some books (I only brought the memoir), sat next to Laura Freas, the widow of artist Kelly Freas, met some nice folks and my hour flew by, like a gazelle reading a lurid paperback, of which there were many.  In fact, this show had more lurid paperbacks than in the past.  I did manage to get one extraordinary item, a real find.  Apparently other dealers either hadn't stopped at this particular table or it escaped their eye, for as soon as I got it I was suddenly the toast of the show, with dealers coming up to me asking to look at it - I probably could have doubled my money.

It was an original script for The Cincinnati Kid.  With the original MGM cover.  What makes it especially interesting and unique are the writer and director credits on that cover: Ring Lardner, Jr. and Sam Peckinpah.  No one has ever actually seen a script with that cover - Peckinpah was fired a few days into filming and replaced by Norman Jewison.  And Terry Southern and Charles Eastman did huge rewrites of the script.  I haven't read this yet, so have no idea how different it is, but there are many pencil notations with line changes and such, which could be in any number of hands - perhaps it will become obvious as I read and study what and how those changes occur.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 03:09:35 PM »

I've dealt with some irritating emails that make me question why I ever got into this business and into bed with some of the asses I've worked for. Sometimes, when you tell the truth and you're called a pessimist or someone who's not a team player, how do you make them realize that being the voice of reality is exactly what they need before they blow themselves up with their unrealistic fantasies. Today, my emails basically said, you're reading the contract wrong; get a good attorney and straighten this out before you ruin this project. Oy!

So, now I'm watching the documentary about Joan Rivers that I had really wanted to see in the theatres last year. It's quite wonderful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:10 PM »

If the rich guy resumes you might suggest to him, elmore, that he hires someone who actually knows how to produce an album and NOT be profligate.

I don't wish him on my worst enemy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »

Oh goodness!!  I'm not sure to laugh or cry for you.
I don't know what to say either.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

Had a very good time at the show, actually.  I actually sold some books (I only brought the memoir), sat next to Laura Freas, the widow of artist Kelly Freas, met some nice folks and my hour flew by, like a gazelle reading a lurid paperback, of which there were many.  In fact, this show had more lurid paperbacks than in the past.  I did manage to get one extraordinary item, a real find.  Apparently other dealers either hadn't stopped at this particular table or it escaped their eye, for as soon as I got it I was suddenly the toast of the show, with dealers coming up to me asking to look at it - I probably could have doubled my money.

It was an original script for The Cincinnati Kid.  With the original MGM cover.  What makes it especially interesting and unique are the writer and director credits on that cover: Ring Lardner, Jr. and Sam Peckinpah.  No one has ever actually seen a script with that cover - Peckinpah was fired a few days into filming and replaced by Norman Jewison.  And Terry Southern and Charles Eastman did huge rewrites of the script.  I haven't read this yet, so have no idea how different it is, but there are many pencil notations with line changes and such, which could be in any number of hands - perhaps it will become obvious as I read and study what and how those changes occur.
Dear BK, I'm glad you had a good time!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »

Bruce congratulation you your find!!!

Jane

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »

DR elmore, HUGS!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »

Tequila tasting?  Doesn't it taste the same after two shots?
Well, it depends on how you drink it, I guess. We weren't pounding shots back. But we will probably do that another time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »

It has been raining on and off all day with possible snow later tonight.  Currently it is a cold 44 degrees.  Craig is in San Diego where it is 65 degrees.  I don't think he is going to want to return home.  I would be envious if we weren't heading south after he comes home.

John G.

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »

:o
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »

Congrats on a great find, bk.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

I've dealt with some irritating emails that make me question why I ever got into this business and into bed with some of the asses I've worked for. Sometimes, when you tell the truth and you're called a pessimist or someone who's not a team player, how do you make them realize that being the voice of reality is exactly what they need before they blow themselves up with their unrealistic fantasies. Today, my emails basically said, you're reading the contract wrong; get a good attorney and straighten this out before you ruin this project. Oy!

I had to leave the magazine last year for similar reasons. And I had to buy out a business partner on the web site, even though I really didn't/don't have the money. But I believe things are much better without either. And I hope that the same happens for you.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

And now, for your culinary enjoyment, I present our very own DR Sandra, starring in a short film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFa6zO13CQ

John G.

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »

And now, for your culinary enjoyment, I present our very own DR Sandra, starring in a short film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFa6zO13CQ
Are those canned beets?  :D
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »

Canned PICKLED beets.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »

This afternoon on "America's Test Kitchen" they had what looks like a fantastic recipe for banana bread.

I have been craving a slice for the past 90 minutes. Or zucchini, or pumpkin, or cranberry bread. Or carrot cake.

Instead, I'm having vegetables and tofu in brown sauce and it's quite delicious.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »

So far, the How To Succeed In Busness reviews are pretty good. I want it to be a huge success for Jo Loesser's sake, something good after the debacle of the last Guys and Dolls disaster.

Danise

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2011, 04:41:05 PM »

If you see posts about free dinners at Olive Garden on Facebook--it's not me posting them.  Please delete them!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2011, 04:48:20 PM »

The Joan Rivers documentary is really amazing: I cried, I laughed, and I appreciated its honesty. She's one brave lady for allowing such close scrutiny. Bravo!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

This afternoon on "America's Test Kitchen" they had what looks like a fantastic recipe for banana bread.

I have been craving a slice for the past 90 minutes. Or zucchini, or pumpkin, or cranberry bread. Or carrot cake.

Instead, I'm having vegetables and tofu in brown sauce and it's quite delicious.

I'm so proud of you, veggies & tofu. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up