Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL LOVE  (Read 9796 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: APRIL LOVE
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

Page Three Saratoga Dance!

Another Edna Ferber musical!  Can ICE PALACE be far behind.

Ha!  ;D
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »

The new piece tonight was an "American Four Seasons" by Philip Glass and the violinist did an outstanding job with it. Even the staid San Antonio Symphony audience was on its feet at the end, and we all lined up to get an autographed CD of it. Glass is still doing the repetitious themes that he's always done, but somehow the piece was more lush than his work usually is.

It was on a strange program that also included Rameau, Stravinsky and Handel. I guess the love of structure was what tied them all together.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »

I also went to a new restaurant and bar. Guess I'm not in with the in crowd. It took more than 10 minutes to get a mixed drink. And every time I left my table to say hi to someone, the waiter tried to clear away all my belongings and make way for someone else. And it wasn't an April Fool's joke.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »

Rehearsal was really fun and all the singers did a great job - some are still learning words, but everything sounded great.  The funny thing about learning the songs is that twelve-year-old Melody Hollis comes in knowing her song by heart perfectly.  Which is why I like using her in each show, a complete no-brainer for me.  And boy does she sock home I Want To Be A Rockette - incredible.  Afterward, Melody and her parents and I went over to Mo's for dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »

I'm now listening to the session masters for the next Kritzerland release.  This music is so glorious and this transfer is directly off the 35mm mag tracks.  There are some problems with wow and flutter that we'll have to deal with, but we also have the album masters (this was released on LP back in the day) so hopefully between the two sources we'll be able to save most of it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up