Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: FULLY DESIGNED  (Read 15520 times)

Laura

Re: FULLY DESIGNED
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

It sure seemed non-Equity.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ummm. Not for the ticket price I paid.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »

*And, horror of horrors, apparently, The City Bakery is out of their homemade marshmallows for the season!?!?!? -Who knew that marshmallows had a season?

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »

It sure seemed non-Equity.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ummm. Not for the ticket price I paid.

I hate when that happens.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »

No kidding.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »

As I was leaving The City Bakery, I got a text from my friend, Emma. She was the understudy for "Young Violet" when I did Violet years ago back in Richmond, VA. She was waiting in line to get into the Vegetarian Food Festival. Alas, since it was a free event, the line was long. In fact, it wrapped around the block. Even the paid VIP line was dealing with a wait. After making some inquiries, we found out that they were predicting a two and a half hour(!!!?!?!?!!) wait to get in. It was already 2:00pm by that time, and they were supposed to close up shop at 4:00pm. So...

She wanted to grab a bite to eat before she headed to work, so we went to East of Eighth. I just ended up having a small salad, while she had a nice full meal. And we had a great time catching up too.

And that was Brunch #2.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

On the way out of East of Eighth, another friend texted me: "Hey, I'm down in Chelsea. Do you want to check out the new flavors at Doughnut Plant?" So...

One Fresh Strawberry Cake and a Tres Leches Cake Doughnut and a small latté later...

And that was Brunch #3 (of 3).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »

And then I headed back up town to Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall to catch Matthew Polenzani's recital. He was presenting one work: Schubert's "Die Schöne Müllerin" song cycle, with the pianist, Julius Drake.

It truly was one of the most beautiful recitals I've ever attended. Matt was in great voice. Julius Drake's work at the piano was exemplary, and they were most definitely working as a team, as one.  The 10-minute standing ovation at the end was truly deserved.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »

Of course, there were a few annoyances during the recital. One - maybe two - audience members had their hearing aids turned way up. There was a lot of whistling going on. In fact, Matthew even stopped after the second song, asked the audience, "Does anybody know what's making that sound?". Someone in the front said, "It's a hearing aid." ...And then a few seconds later it stopped.  Alas, the whistling did resume later - twice - but very briefly.

Oh, and the women who was sitting four seats away from me forgot to turn off her cellphone... And it took her at least five rings before she even dug it out of her bag. Ugh! Thankfully, that did not cause Matthew to stop the recital again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2011, 10:35:27 PM »

And then...

My friend, Yosh, texted me, "I made reservations for dinner, but my two friends who were supposed to come with me had to cancel. Do you want to go? My treat."

Well...

The dinner at Traif was quite good. It's basically one of those "small plates" restaurants, so the three of us - our mutual friend, Cynthia, joined us too. The food was quite wonderful.

Grilled Shishito Peppers with Crisp Pork Belly, Feta Cheese and White Anchovies.
Hand-Torn Pasta with Braised Rabbit and a Stinging Nettles Pesto.
A "Fritto Misto" of Sweetbreads, Cauliflower, Eggplant, Lemon with a Tonnato Sauce.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Grapes, Tomatoes, Puffed Rice and Chile Vin.
Etc., etc., etc.

-And that's where I had the bacon doughnuts - which were basically small beignets topped with real bacon bits, then drizzled in maple syrup. Sort of like breakfast. ;)

The meal started off with an amuse-bouche of a small cup of "Warm Bacon Broth".  And, if you happen to know what the term "traif" means, well... ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:40:04 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »

And now...

I need to get to bed. I have a bit more running around tomorrow in regards to my housing situation, although, again, it's all already worked out one way or another at this point. I hope.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »

I am shocked! I am stunned! I am speechless!  I received notification that I have been selected for memebership in the National Association of Professional Woman!

Thank you to everyone responsible for this great honor!
Congrats. Have you selected your gown for the inauguration banquet?

Not yet!  I will ask Ginny and Cilla and Vixmom for help with my selection.

I still have my "Indian" costume from the first TAO Cannibal! The Musical!  I'd be honored if you wanted to borrow it. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »

I am shocked! I am stunned! I am speechless!  I received notification that I have been selected for memebership in the National Association of Professional Woman!

Thank you to everyone responsible for this great honor!
Congrats. Have you selected your gown for the inauguration banquet?

Not yet!  I will ask Ginny and Cilla and Vixmom for help with my selection.
George wore a number in a video he posted awhile back that might work, too. He was singing a number from "Nick and Nora."

Sadly, I don't have that.  It was sold years ago by the theater group in a fund raising surplus sale and I didn't find out until afterward. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

On set vibes for DR GEORGE.

Thanks, JRand!

George

« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:01 AM »

Tonight was our first night in the performance space.  We didn't have a run-through, like I thought.  We sang through all the songs so that the band could experiment with sound levels.  It went well but the show is going to be very loud.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up