Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BK BLECH  (Read 18945 times)

singerdreamer

• All the world's a stage...
Re:BK BLECH
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2004, 09:32:45 PM »

Hey everyone. New here, just decided to pop in. It looks like I've missed most of this discussion, so I'll try to take part in tomorrows! Goodnight all!

~Whitney

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2004, 09:33:20 PM »

Welcome, Whitney!

singerdreamer

• All the world's a stage...
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2004, 09:33:45 PM »

Thanks! Love the site!

Jason

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2004, 09:50:29 PM »

Welcome, Whitney... Tell us about yourself.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2004, 09:52:11 PM »

Whitney, welcome to the site!  When you get a chance, by all means dip into the archived stuff.  What I would suggest is looking up through the "search" function whatever topic it is that seems to be reoccuring, in order to find out what had been said before.  It's a great way to catch up on the doings here!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2004, 09:55:22 PM »

Looks like we made it - oh, a Barry Manilow reference.

You see, S. Woody, isn't it nice when people READ what you write?  Try it sometime.
Now, BK, you know full well that, even if I never get to read another word that you write, my life has been that much fuller because I've known you.

Dang, even though I mean that, that sure sounded like a**-kissing, didn't it!   :-\  Big spoo!

We need someone to do a rewrite here!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2004, 09:59:29 PM »

Hello Whitney!

My brother keeps trying to get me to feel his newly-shaved head. Ew!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2004, 10:03:37 PM »

Better that than tugging on jewelry filling newly acquired piercings.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 10:04:10 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2004, 10:04:46 PM »

Thanks to all for the potato salad ideas.  My big problem is der Brucer's son-in-law, who really WILL pick things out of the salad.  He's got some weird thing against texture, like celery.  He really did pick out all the celery bits when der B made a lobster salad one time.

However, if I chop the celery and other goodies really fine, or whirr them in a food processor and then drain them well, that should add the flavor component without adding the texture.

Jay: I've been working on this problem for about four or five days now, off and on.  The big challenges are, first) we've got to make sure I get back to home before I get to work that evening (this Saturday), which means making sure der B leaves the party early enough.  And second) this will be the first time der B has been with the son-in-law's family with me in tow!  These are Maryland Rednecks, who may not know that they've got queers married into the family.  My experience is that most people are far more tolerant than they're given credit for being, but it's still going to be an interesting afternoon.

(Lessee, cole slaw, potato salad, chocolate chip cookies...and keep smiling!  I feel like I'm entering a Miss America pagaent or something!  And I look terrible in my swimsuit!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2004, 10:06:57 PM »

Approach him from the rear, and without his knowing squirt some hand lotion on your fingers.

:o 8) ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2004, 10:08:46 PM »

Have to wussburger, too much to do tomorrow.

Love to all.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2004, 10:12:04 PM »

Great idea, S. Woody. Good night.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2004, 10:23:07 PM »

These are Maryland Rednecks, who may not know that they've got queers married into the family.  My experience is that most people are far more tolerant than they're given credit for being, but it's still going to be an interesting afternoon.

(Lessee, cole slaw, potato salad, chocolate chip cookies...and keep smiling!  I feel like I'm entering a Miss America pagaent or something!  And I look terrible in my swimsuit!)

Just wear a lace French maid's apron and announce yourself as Connie Casserole.  (Oh.  A Mart Crowley reference.)
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jason

« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2004, 10:23:25 PM »

They're filming again down the street. I should go just hang out there til I see Ms. Kidman and Mr. Penn...or at least Mr. Pollack.

I really should be in bed right now. I have to be up at 7:00. YIKES! You all know that I'm terrible when it comes to getting up early.

I did forty minutes of strength training tonight. I don't know why, but I couldn't get motivated enough to do cardio. I guess I'll do that tomorrow night.  

And now, a little HOME IMPROVEMENT and I'm off to bed. Speaking of home improvements, did anyone watch EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER tonight? I swear, that show gets me every time I watch it. It's the only "reality" TV show I watch, and I'll shout it to the world--I'M OBSESSED!

And now, I'm really off. Goodnight, all!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2004, 11:34:58 PM »

A lull...well, a lull no more:

Here's something a little different:

Since I've been assigned the job of making potato salad for the younger grandlad's birthday party...

What does everyone here like to find in potato salad?  Other than potatoes?

And what does everyone here NOT like in their potato salad, that they will actually pick out of the salad in order to avoid eating that gunk?

I'm obviously in the minority, but I hate celery and olives in potato salad! :P But then, I hate olives and celery at all...even with peanut butter in the celery.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2004, 11:35:21 PM »

I'm back from Tarnation; Back from the movies. Went to see "Van Helzing" (or whatever it is called). Effects everywhere. Dialogue and story line - not much there at all. Had been made with 95% less effects and with sensitivity of "Young Frankenstein" it may have worked. David Wenham stole the movie.
The Brendon Fraser/John Hannah magic is not there. But then there "The Mummy" had less effects.
At least VH had two Australain actors in leading roles. Here's to OZ.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2004, 11:35:31 PM »

No posts in an hour! Blech!

George

« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2004, 11:39:11 PM »

And then three posts within 33 seconds!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2004, 11:43:47 PM »

Dear Panni (and others): What seems like ages ago, I wrote a comparison of the original Company script and the rewrite, which included the "gay" scene.  It's in six parts; the part commenting on that scene is in part five, I think, but the commentary reads better as a whole.

This is another way of boosting our post count for today, by the way.

S. Woody, I just read the entire comparison (I never go to sondheim.com...I don't know why) and it was quite informative!  I never thought about the time shift.  Anyway, I don't understand something.  You wrote "If Robert is 35 years old in 1995, that means that Joanne is also 35 or thereabouts in 1995...."

I always assumed that Joanne was older than Bobby.  Doing a little research on www.ibdb.com, I found that Dean Jones was born in 1931 and would have been 39 years old when Company opened, but he was playing a 35 year old.  Not much of a stretch.  Elaine Stritch was born in 1925 and would have been 45 years old in 1970.  That is more of a stretch for Stritch. ;) Does the script specifically say that Joanne is the same age as Robert?  I've never seen a production that gave that impression.  I've always seen her played as an obviously older woman.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2004, 11:44:24 PM »

Yes, most unseemly, no posts in an hour.   New notes up in a mere fifteen minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up