Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A JEW SATED  (Read 19807 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A JEW SATED
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

And our guest star is Jason Graae.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Our tornado sirens sounded just before 1am and again just past 1:30 and we had a doozy of a thunderstorm.  High winds, but no trip to Oz.  Speaking of trips, I'm off today to Cleveland after going with Mom to visit my aunt (her sister).  Today is Aunt Jo's 82nd birthday.

A Very Happy 82nd Birthday to Aunt Jo!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:01 AM »

Congrats!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »

And it turns that I did not get totally edited out of last night's "Eat St." episode which features the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. You see my back in two shots, and you see my hand holding one of the cones! ;) So, just in case you missed meit, here's the (US) broadcast schedule for Episode 102.

*They also feature the Brunch Box food cart in Portland, OR. -And their Redonkadonk Burger.

-Yes, those are grilled cheese sandwiches acting as the "bun".

Now, that's just ridiculous. :P

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »

Unbelievable but true department:  the new house came with a "home warranty," albeit one so expensive (due to the size of the home) that we agreed to pay half of the yearly fee ourselves.  (Usually the seller pays it all).  Anyhoo, made three service calls during the year and quickly found out they cover next to nothing.  The third call was for a faulty light switch which I told them worked intermittently.  They dispatched the electrician and he could not make it malfunction.  He called AHS and their "service counselor" (that's a laugh and a half) told him NOT to make any repairs.  Due to that, I opted not to renew coverage.  Lo and behold, what should arrive yesterday but a BILL for the service call!!!  I called their 800 number and got a snotty operator who hung up on me.  So I looked up their corporate HQ and got through to the snotty assistant to the President who was quite full of attitude until I asked what state they were incorporated in and who their corporate counsel was.  The snotty assistant claims the fee has been waived ;), but we shall see. 

We had AHS when we lived in Los Angeles, and we were very unhappy with the service.

The technicians were always looking for an excuse to claim that the problem was not covered by the warranty.

That way, they could charge their regular fee...and AHS would always back them up.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »

DR Jose "Eli" reminds me of Sherlock when he doesn't want to move.  Yesterday knowing I would be backtracking a section of the trail I put a leash on him.  As soon as I began the backtrack I got yanked to a sudden stop, turned around to see Sherlock's feet firmly planted into the ground with that "now way!" expression on his face.  ;D  We did go the way I wanted. :)

I wonder if this is how DD SHERLOCK wrote up the incident on his blog?

Actually, I believe DD Sherlock wrote:  "No way was I going one more step before I was asked sweetly, so I dug in until she turned and looked to see what was happening.  I gave her my 'Oh, really?' look.  She smiled and said sweetly: 'Come on Sherlock, darling!  Mommy needs a little backtracking.'  So, I relented.  After all, what's a DD to do?"

;D Jrand & Ron.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »

Unbelievable but true department: 

Not sure why this is unbelievable.

Good luck the bill was truly waived.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »

Unbelievable but true department:  the new house came with a "home warranty," albeit one so expensive (due to the size of the home) that we agreed to pay half of the yearly fee ourselves.  (Usually the seller pays it all).  Anyhoo, made three service calls during the year and quickly found out they cover next to nothing.  The third call was for a faulty light switch which I told them worked intermittently.  They dispatched the electrician and he could not make it malfunction.  He called AHS and their "service counselor" (that's a laugh and a half) told him NOT to make any repairs.  Due to that, I opted not to renew coverage.  Lo and behold, what should arrive yesterday but a BILL for the service call!!!  I called their 800 number and got a snotty operator who hung up on me.  So I looked up their corporate HQ and got through to the snotty assistant to the President who was quite full of attitude until I asked what state they were incorporated in and who their corporate counsel was.  The snotty assistant claims the fee has been waived ;), but we shall see. 
gotta love it. Or cry.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »

Wonderful.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »

I know there are some "Over Here" fans in our midst. If you are one of them, go over to bluegobo.com. The new video posted today is of Donna McKechnie and Wayne Cilento doing "Charlie's Place." The dancing is great, but the cameraman doesn't seem to know how to photograph dancing. The cuts are weird, but the extended piece, with Patricia Birch's choreography, really kicks.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »

Just looked up AHS on the BBB site.  Thousands of complaints, and yet they still have an A+ rating.  What's wrong with that picture?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... The sun is trying to make an appearance in the skies above New York City. Alas, it looks like the sun's efforts will just end up resulting in a brief thunderstorm later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »

The lovely Kate Baldwin, who played Sharon in the revival of FINIAN'S RAINBOW, has just had a baby boy.

Congrats to Kate and Graham!!!

Welcome to the World, Colin!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »

I know there are some "Over Here" fans in our midst. If you are one of them, go over to bluegobo.com. The new video posted today is of Donna McKechnie and Wayne Cilento doing "Charlie's Place." The dancing is great, but the cameraman doesn't seem to know how to photograph dancing. The cuts are weird, but the extended piece, with Patricia Birch's choreography, really kicks.

Does any DR know if that whole "Best of Broadway"/American Dance Machine special is available on DVD?I seem to remember Wayne Cilento performing "I Can Do That" from A Chorus Line, as well as the original trio of girlfriends performing "You Could Drive A Person Crazy" from Company.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »

Does any DR know if that whole "Best of Broadway"/American Dance Machine special is available on DVD?I seem to remember Wayne Cilento performing "I Can Do That" from A Chorus Line, as well as the original trio of girlfriends performing "You Could Drive A Person Crazy" from Company.
that would be great to have.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »

As far as I know, it's not.  I have the (purchased, not a copy) videotape and my sister's boyfriend made a DVD of it with a nifty chaper menu.

George

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »

that would be great to have.

What's it worth to ya??

;)

George

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »

...if I can find it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »

I just received my first ever shipment from Godiva, an indulgence I gave into since eBates was having a 10% special.  They ship everything in a cool little custom Godiva "cooler" replete with reusable freezer packs!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »

Greetings from Ohio's North Coast!  Well, I'm not quite on the coast, but about 8 miles from the shores of Lake Erie.  It's an easy drive from here to where tomorrow's meeting is being held.  I don't have to leave here until about 11am.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »

Thank you to DRs John G, JRand, and Jane for the travel vibes.  My trip was very smooth, especially after I got through Columbus.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »

I'm not surprised about the warranty company. We had a not-good experience when we bought our house. They couldn't understand why we declined to continue the coverage.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

And, thank you to DRs Jane and George for the birthday wishes for my Aunt Jo.  She was pleased to see us and to get some cupcakes.

Laura

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »

Glad to hear Aunt Jo had a nice birthday!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Michael

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »

ASK BK

When considering albums from UA/MGM did you consider A Funny THing Happened On the Way To Th Forum? If you did was the rewritten FREE part of the masters? Was there any other Sondheim score other than The Chase  there too?
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

Well, DR Laura, it was kind of hard to pick out a card for her.  They're all so upbeat and optimistic, not suitable considering her condition.  Thanks for the wishes...

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »

I just received my first ever shipment from Godiva, an indulgence I gave into since eBates was having a 10% special.  They ship everything in a cool little custom Godiva "cooler" replete with reusable freezer packs!

Really!  8)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

And, thank you to DRs Jane and George for the birthday wishes for my Aunt Jo.  She was pleased to see us and to get some cupcakes.

:)

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »

Sherlock with his biological father, in the middle, and brother on the right.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »

The other two dogs hadn't been groomed yet which is why Sherlock looks much brighter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up