Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SEQUENCING  (Read 10798 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SEQUENCING
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »

Page Five! ! ! ! !
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Hi all!   I hope everyone is having a nice Holiday weekend.    I wish I had a lot to tell you about but I'm fresh out except that work is Hell and I don't think anyone wants to hear me gripe about it. 

I took Toby to the vet.  It's hard to believe it's been a year already since I got him.  The poor little boy was so upset that I had to sit and comfort him when we got home.  I guess it's kinda like a UFO abduction.  Can you imagine what it is like for them to be taken from their happy home, have your butt probed, stung with 3 or more needles, strange hands going all over your body and ears and have someone you don't know open your mouth and look at your teeth?  All the while your "mommy" stands  by and lets it happen along with saying "Be a good dog?"  It must be a real nightmare for them.

My mother never stood by during my alien abductions!

Were there any probing questions?
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »

TOD: 
You're  a Big Boy Now

I didn't realize this was a Coppola film.  I worked at the Bruin theater ushering when the movie was out and never tired of watching it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »

I know, DR Elmore, I know, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I guess I'm still in a crappy mood. I've been listening to Fredrica von Stade's wonderful recording of "If I Were You." That 20s orchestration is one of the few guaranteed pick-me-ups I know.

My guess is that it isn't working!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »

As for Shakespeare I would have to say TAMING OF THE SHREW.  Boy was there an uproar by the feminists the last time it was performed at the festival.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »

The ice cream I'm eating has more vanilla in it than what it pictured, still it is extremely yummy. :)

Speaking of ice cream, the store were I purchased my Magnums has changed the sign so that it no longer says they are Godiva Magnum Ice Cream Bars.  My apologies for the confusion.

Sincerely
Sir Charles Blackie-Union
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »

My Royal Wedding name required some liberal editing, since I actually grew up on either 26th Street or 22nd Street.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

My sister told me the funniest story today (well I thought it was funny, she didn't).

She left my nieces (almost 2 and 5 1/2) with their father.  Apparently he left them watching tv in my sister's bed (they are not supposed to be there alone).

Anyhow when she got home she went upstairs to find the kids in her bed with all the plastic easter eggs she'd prepared for easter lying opened with all the chocolates all over the bed.

They were the big plastic eggs that you put little chocolates in.

Surprisingly they weren't eating them, just emptying all the plastic eggs.

When she asked the older child how this happened she said, "well Jadie saw them in your closet..."  :)

Not sure who went to get them or what happened next. But i thought this was the funniest thing i'd heard in a while.

I decided to investigate further. So i asked my older niece exactly what had happened. She said that her sister and seen the eggs in the closet. So she got off the bed and went to get them. Then my older niece had to lift the younger one back on the bed.

I asked her why they didn't eat any of the chocolates and she replied, "cause we're not allowed to eat chocolates without permission!" :)

I guess she didn't realize that they weren't allowed to sneak in their parents closet and dismantle all the easter stuff! ;)

(my sis had to tell her that the easter bunny had dropped all the stuff off early).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

I didn't get much sleep last night.  I got home at midnight, got things done around the house, and finally got to bed at about 1:00 a. m .  At about 2:30, the phone rang, but stopped ringing by the time i grabbed the phone.  Ten minutes later the phone rang again, but then stopped a second time before I could pick up.  After the second phone call, I had trouble getting back to sleep becasue I was wondering if the call was meant for me or not.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »

Hi all!   I hope everyone is having a nice Holiday weekend.    I wish I had a lot to tell you about but I'm fresh out except that work is Hell and I don't think anyone wants to hear me gripe about it. 

I took Toby to the vet.  It's hard to believe it's been a year already since I got him.  The poor little boy was so upset that I had to sit and comfort him when we got home.  I guess it's kinda like a UFO abduction.  Can you imagine what it is like for them to be taken from their happy home, have your butt probed, stung with 3 or more needles, strange hands going all over your body and ears and have someone you don't know open your mouth and look at your teeth?  All the while your "mommy" stands  by and lets it happen along with saying "Be a good dog?"  It must be a real nightmare for them.

My mother never stood by during my alien abductions!

Were there any probing questions?

;D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »

Sooooooooooooooo,

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2011, 07:54:58 PM »

I've been watchng Joan Hickson as Miss Marple in A POCKETFUL OF RYE. Excellent BBC production. She makes a good Jane Marple. I don't think I'd ever seen her in the role before.

Good night, DR TCB!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, today's somewhat gray and drizzly day turned into quite a lovely evening. Alas, it feels like a Fall evening, but it's still lovely. Just perfect for a long post-dinner walk.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »

Attempting to type on this netbook pre-qualifies me for the Vixmom School of typqpo vas.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »

I think Profiles in History should start auctioning off their auction catalogs.  ;)  What gorgeous publications they are.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »

Lady Mable Trixie-Oak
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »

Trixie was a hamster.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »

DR JOHN G thanks so much for the GYP WATSON clip.....I love that song on the CD and had never seen ANYTHING from the show....it is terrific!
There's a version in color somewhere online, too, I must watch that three times a week lately.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

Kitchen/living room is getting clean. I may actually be able to enjoy time with my guests tomorrow. the list keeps growing. They'll now be 11 of us. Up from six. And that's great with me.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »

Kitchen/living room is getting clean. I may actually be able to enjoy time with my guests tomorrow. the list keeps growing. They'll now be 11 of us. Up from six. And that's great with me.

And what will you be serving for dessert? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »

Trixie was a hamster.
Great name for a hamster. Rocky was my dog. And did have a grandmother named Cunegonde.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

I made a blueberry pie with a mix of fresh and wild blueberries. And I asked two of the newly invited  Easter orphans to bring desserts, so there will be at least three plus the cheese tray to choose from.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

Night, all. And happy Easter. I have to be at church at 6:30 to rehearse and we play bells at the 7 and 9 a.m. servives.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »

Caught a really nice Warner Bros. musical on TCM today, one I had never even heard of....

It was great fun, and had a wonderful cast of Dennis Morgan (swoon!), Virginia Mayo, Gene Nelson (swoon), Lucille Norman, and even Tom Conway was looking good!

Trying to decide if I should burn a copy to DVD or not.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »

Also watchew David Janssen in RING OF FIRE. Sure makes good use of the Oregon scenery, Veronial, Oregon to be exact.

DR JRand, I will be sending you a copy, along with some other goodies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

Finished with my viewing for the evening.  I'm waiting for some of the new master will show up - he's not going to finish the entire thing until tomorrow night, so he's just getting me six tracks for sound samples.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »

Black Sunday arrived.

I am not leaving this apartment tomorrow.  Staying home all day till work Monday morning.  Gosh I miss being home all day.  All day and night to get things done.   ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »

;D  Night.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2011, 03:50:54 AM »

The day is still open!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2011, 03:51:04 AM »

And since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up