Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES  (Read 22063 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2004, 08:38:07 PM »

Happy B'day to Colinofoz!!

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2004, 08:44:22 PM »

Maya, we are most jubilant to have you as our newest Goddess!

All hail Goddess Maya!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2004, 09:02:14 PM »

We bow before the new divinity, Maya!

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2004, 09:08:12 PM »

Thank you Michael (from Colin).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singerdreamer

• All the world's a stage...
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2004, 09:09:19 PM »

Random comment--

Found out what shows my theatre company is doing next season! YAY!

Here they are:

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Sound of Music
Grease
Seussical
Beauty and the Beast
Christmas Carol

Since you all seem to be pretty knowledgable here... I'm going to ask you for some help. Which parts should I go for?  I'm 15 years old, 5'6, strawberry blonde hair, and a soprano.. though give me some time and I can sing pretty much anything you give me. So.. any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

~Whitney~

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2004, 09:27:54 PM »

Random comment--

Found out what shows my theatre company is doing next season! YAY!

Here they are:

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Sound of Music
Grease
Seussical
Beauty and the Beast
Christmas Carol

Since you all seem to be pretty knowledgable here... I'm going to ask you for some help. Which parts should I go for?  I'm 15 years old, 5'6, strawberry blonde hair, and a soprano.. though give me some time and I can sing pretty much anything you give me. So.. any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

~Whitney~

Is this a young persons' theatre troupe or one for adults and young people?  If the latter, I'm thinking Liesl in The Sound of Music would be a perfect match.  If the former, there are lots of roles that could be good for you.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2004, 09:29:28 PM »

Ooooohh... The A/C repair man is here....

Ooooooooohh... The A/C repair man is here...

;)
Film at eleven!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2004, 09:32:17 PM »

CONGRATUALTIONS, DEAR MAYA!

It will seem a little more like Heaven,
now that you are there.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2004, 09:34:19 PM »

Either Liesl or Louisa...depending on how "old" you read onstage. Those would be my suggestions, though--if you're 15--I'd think that Louisa would be a better choice.

I took a short nap this evening and ever since waking up, I've been dizzy and just a tad nauseous. I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's not a pleasant feeling...

Oh! WELCOME HOME, DR LAURA!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 09:34:44 PM by Jason »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2004, 09:39:39 PM »

I'm going to have to catch up on today's posts later.  Had a good first day at work, much better than I expected.

But.

After, der Brucer wanted a drink so we could talk things over, hash over the day.  

But.

Instead, we met some interesting people, and had a couple of drinks which turned into three.

Hey, he's needed a night like this for a while.  He's tucked in for the night.  I just want to kick back, get rested up for tomorrow.  I'm under the gun here, what with Memorial Day Weekend coming up in less than a week and the Summer Crush begins, giving me less than a week for training.  I'll be fine, just give me a good night's sleep.

Good note: The boss and one of my coworkers already think I'm better than one of the others on the staff.  Now I just have to prove them right, not wrong.

Time to call it a wussburger night.  Sorry, all.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2004, 10:23:49 PM »

[move=UP,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
WELCOME TO THE HEAVENS, MAYA!!
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2004, 10:29:55 PM »

****Welcome to the newest goddess, Maya!***

Panni

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2004, 10:31:58 PM »

I'm back from UCLA. It was a good evening. The panel I was on was bright, funny and interesting. There were about 80 or 90 MFA screenwriting students in the class. They asked good questions and got good answers.

Panni

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2004, 10:37:37 PM »

This is such a strange business. It's full of big emotions, yet sometimes lacking heart. One of the writers on the panel recounted how his first break came when he was given an assignment to rewrite a script for a series. He got the script on a Friday going into the Thanksgiving Day weekend. The producers said that they needed the rewrite first thing on Monday! The only problem was that his wife was due to deliver their baby on Saturday. He told the producers. They said, "The script is due first thing Monday." Both the script and the baby were delivered.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2004, 10:45:33 PM »

Back from Jerry Lewis, about which more later.  Excellent postings.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2004, 11:17:35 PM »

Thank you all for the welcomes!  The view is lovely up here!  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2004, 11:17:41 PM »

What is this, no posts in thirty minutes?  I'm sorry, but these late-night lulls from a variety and also a hollywood reporter of WUSSBURGERS is unseemly.  I am now officially starving, so even though I've put my automobile away, I may have to go out and get something to nibble on since I am sans any edibles (save for some red licorice, which I just polished off).   Oh, dear, oh, dear, should I or shouldn't I?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2004, 11:18:22 PM »

Maya, maya darling, you are the loveliest of goddesses.  Even lovelier than springtime.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2004, 11:23:12 PM »

Good Evening!

After dinner tonight, I decided to go ahead and drive back up to NoVA, and, boy, am I glad I did.  It was a beautiful night to drive with the windows down.  The temp had dropped, and so had the humidity.  Hopefully, my "not so Evil Eye" will not come so early in the morning.

I did hit some construction work on I-95 on the way up, and decided to take the next exit and bypass it via Route 1.  However, after about four miles of "hopeful" driving, I realized I should have been going the other way.  So, I turned around, got on Route 1... -And the detour only added about 10 minutes to my trip.  Not bad at all.

I left the ceiling in the kitchen as is.  I am "happy" that the landlord came over personally to check it out, but now we're playing the waiting game - again(!!!) - for the various contractors and repairmen.  Hopefully, it will be repaired by the time I get back there next week.  Although, that also means the kitchen floor - and the kitchen in general - will be due for some major cleaning too... -Just how I want to spend my day off!!!  Yippee!!!  -Ugh... :-\

DR singerdreamer - That's a nice season listing.  Which company?  Where?  Etc...

DR Maya - WELCOME!
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2004, 11:35:01 PM »

All the way home from UCLA I was thinking about a muffin. I really wanted a muffin. So I went to Jerry's and got a raisin bran muffin to go. It was the best muffin I ever ate. The End.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 11:35:45 PM by Panni »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2004, 11:41:40 PM »

RE: Juliana's journal from today
(don't read this if you haven't read the entry).

My heart breaks for her.  When she was explaining what had happened, I could tell it wasn't because of her talent.  But it really would have made a big impact on her to be able to play Millie in front of her family.  It's too bad the higher ups didn't realize that she was from LA.  If I was her I probably would have told them earlier (just in case Darcie was out - so they'd know).  Very heartbreaking.

-And the whole situation can work in reverse too... unfortunately...

An actor with whom I've worked a couple of times was understudying an actor in a very critically acclaimed play on Broadway a couple of years ago.  The "overstudy" had never missed a show even after a couple of months into the run - not even during the out-of-town tryout.  Well, there happened to be one performance where the "overstudy" would be out due to a previous commitment.  So, this provided the "understudy" with the opportunity to make his Broadway debut.  He arranged to have his family flown in.  Friends bought tickets for that particular night, etc.  All this had been arranged and announced weeks in advance.  Weeks!  It was even posted at the Box Office window that the "overstudy" would be out on the particular night.

As it turned out, the "overstudy's" commitment got cancelled at the last minute...  And he decided to go ahead and go on that night with just a few hours notice to stage management.  But what about the "understudy's" family who had flown in, his friends who were in the audience??  The "understudy's" pleas to the "overstudy" to let him go on that night fell on deaf ears... -Even though the cast listing in the lobby even had the "At This Performance, The Role of..." placard up.

Needless to say, the "understudy" was heartbroken, as were his family and friends.

And it wasn't until after the "understudy" left the show when his contract was up, that the "overstudy" took a "personal day" and let his "new understudy" go on.

Sad, but true.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2004, 11:44:55 PM »

FINALLY caught up on the postings of the past few days.  Had a very pleasant time visiting with some of my best friends from college.  As for today's talk of Urinetown, I enjoyed the show tremendously when I saw it at the Henry Miller, but I instantly thought that it could really suffer playing large houses on tour.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2004, 11:50:29 PM »

...And to all a Goodnight!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2004, 11:51:09 PM »

The muffin, I'm sure, was Miss Skin and Bones' dinner.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up