Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BYE BYE BIRDIE  (Read 12186 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BYE BYE BIRDIE
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »

Anybody else having trouble accessing a Yahoo e-mail account?

According to various posts on the Twitter and the Book of Face, Yahoo email is currently down. Again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »

A Music Reviewer takes part in Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »

A Music Reviewer takes part in Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day

:)

I freaked Gabe out this morning.  I had to drop Zach at the dentist, which is right by Gabe's HS, so Gabe came along.  I left Zach at the dentist's office and then ran up behind Gabe who was getting toward school and told him it was "Take your Dad to school day."  I then started to follow him in the school.  He was mightily confused.  My work there was done.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »

And it looks like the storms that were here in DC earlier are now about to hit NYC. Stay dry. Stay safe!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »

According to various posts on the Twitter and the Book of Face, Yahoo email is currently down. Again.

I think it's back up. I just read my Yahoo mail without a problem.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

TOD:

Magic
Bye Bye Birdie
Pocketful of Miracles
Twice in a Lifetime
Dames at Sea (TV)
Joseph Andrews
The Cincinnati Kid
52 Pickup

I'd forgotten JOSEPH ANDREWS! She's a great Lady Booby. The person I love in the movie is Beryl Reid as Mrs. Slipslop
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »

Stay safe, all you people with weather!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »

Mine is still down.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

Mine is still down.

That's odd. I just went back in and looked at a few e-mails and everything is working.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »

Mine is still down.

DR JohnG - Are you on the "old" Yahoo mail? or the new "Upgraded" Yahoo mail? Maybe your account is part of the current batch upgrade. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

Who knows. It just means I have to work at something else in the meantime. I just hate it, though, because the icon that tells me I have a new e-mail still blinks up an increasingly higher number.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »

Who knows. It just means I have to work at something else in the meantime. I just hate it, though, because the icon that tells me I have a new e-mail still blinks up an increasingly higher number.

And I'm guessing you've already tried logging out of Yahoo, clearing your cache, shutting down your browser, and re-opening it? Etc., etc., etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »

Yes. It's now working partially. It opens the e-mails it wants to. And I can delete the ones I don't want to read.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

In case anybody's hungry, here's a photo of Brioche French Toast with Bananas Foster. I wish I could send samples.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »

I'm trying the no-knead bread again today, this time with bread flour. It's in the oven now.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »

At first I thought that was steak and bananas, John G.

Laura

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »

Mmm. Steak and bananas.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »

From Cilla:
The Fighter is a much better movie than I expected it would be.  I liked it.

I had the exact same reaction. :)

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »

From DR MBarnum:
For the first couple of nights I will be staying at the Burbank Marriott, while the HOllywood Show is there, afterwards I move to a cheap flophouse for the remainder! LOL!

Too bad you can't go from a flop house to luxury, it is easier that way.  Even better would be if your friends had a spare room. ;)

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »

If this isn't the funniest thing (on several levels) you've read this morning, please post something better:

JODIE FOSTER DEFENDS MEL GIBSON

"I'm not defending his behavior. I'm defending the man that I know. And I know he's kind and loyal and is an incredible professional," she tells the Associated Press. "He's probably the most beloved actor of anybody I've ever worked with in the film business. And I don't say that lightly."

Foster adds that Gibson's recent struggles helped inform his performance as a depressed man who only communicates with his family through a beaver puppet he wears on his hand.

She had defended him before which is my guess as to why they are working together again.  I'm sure with her he was all of those things.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »

Speaking of movies I just saw the new WALL STREET 2 movie and liked it much better than i thought i would like it.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »

I'm trying to figure out if this Royal Wedding Souvenir could end up being a collectible? Or just a piece of junk? ;)

Will (??) & Kate

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

I also saw TANGLED and I must say that there were some parts that were too scary for kids.

I would say that in a way they have targeted this to 5 year old girls. Yet there were some chase scenes with bad guys that made me niece very scared. She even wanted to leave the room (and she had already seen it).

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »

And they said it wouldn't last...

Many they's said that about Keith and me when we started dating & even after we were married.  I love proving them wrong.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »

I'm trying to figure out if this Royal Wedding Souvenir could end up being a collectible? Or just a piece of junk? ;)

Will (??) & Kate

Did you notice that at the very bottom in very small type is "This is a novelty item featuring the images of Prince Harry and Kate Middleton." :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »

From DR MBarnum:
For the first couple of nights I will be staying at the Burbank Marriott, while the HOllywood Show is there, afterwards I move to a cheap flophouse for the remainder! LOL!

Too bad you can't go from a flop house to luxury, it is easier that way.  Even better would be if your friends had a spare room. ;)

The problem is that nobody that I know in the Los Angeles area have a fire escape outside their window.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »

Actually, the hotel I am staying at after the Marriott, is not really bad. Just your normal run of the mill hotel in Burbank. It is cheap because I booked it with the car and the flight together.

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »

If this isn't the funniest thing (on several levels) you've read this morning, please post something better:

JODIE FOSTER DEFENDS MEL GIBSON

"I'm not defending his behavior. I'm defending the man that I know. And I know he's kind and loyal and is an incredible professional," she tells the Associated Press. "He's probably the most beloved actor of anybody I've ever worked with in the film business. And I don't say that lightly."

Foster adds that Gibson's recent struggles helped inform his performance as a depressed man who only communicates with his family through a beaver puppet he wears on his hand.

She had defended him before which is my guess as to why they are working together again.  I'm sure with her he was all of those things.

Or maybe he is blackmailing her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 12:57:56 PM »

http://www.chatelet-theatre.com/chatelet1011/

Here are some clips from the SWEENEY TODD in Paris with my friends Rodney Gilfry and Caroline O'Connor, conducted by my friend David Abell. The one video is "The Competition" and "A Little Priest," and the other is a bit of "The Worst Pies In London" and "By the Sea."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »

From DR MBarnum:

The problem is that nobody that I know in the Los Angeles area have a fire escape outside their window.

Or the patience. Or goodness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up