Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARRANGEMENT  (Read 11628 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE ARRANGEMENT
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »

I am SOOO excited to see Elton John tonight.   I remember first hearing his music wafting from my brother's room...he was a fanatic when he was in high school.  I remember pizza at Jake's when I was in jr. high with his music blaring on the juke box...and his songs have been around ever since.   For me, he's one of the artists in the soundtrack of my life. His concert is a greatest hits concert.  No opening act, 3 hours, no intermission....should be fun!

I am green with envy! I hope he sings "Crocodile Rock" and "Daniel"!
Yes, he did both

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:09 PM »

And I expect a full report tomorrow, young lady!

The concert was fabulous.  He sang and played for 3 full hours without an intermission.  It was mostly his hits, but a few from the new album with Leon Russell.   The music was fabulous and his voice was strong throughout.   What I think made it a truly wonderful experience is that he seems so genuinely happy. He said he was enjoying performing now more than ever in the past and you could tell.   He expressed how appreciative he was for the people who have been loyal fans for so many years and said it took 41 years to get here, but he'd make up for it, and boy did he.

I'll have to wait and see the actual playlist for Sioux city, but it seemed to be the same as other stops on the tour.  26 songs!  Some great solos.   His piano playing was out of this world

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:51 PM »

I am very tired and must sleep.   If you have a chance to go see Elton, do it.  He's worth every penny

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »

Wilder than Cherpumple. The last line is hysterically funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oisn08wMLMU&feature=share

Oh, my goodness!  That's hysterical! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up