Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MONDAY MADNESS  (Read 41283 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MONDAY MADNESS
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were so Monday and were touched with madness, and now it is time for you to post until the mad cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MONDAY MADNESS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: PANEGYRICALLY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:19:58 AM »

Last night, I went to and participated in a reading of "All the World's a Grave," a "new" Shakespeare play by John Reed (he took several Shakespeare plays, mixed and matched speeches and scenes and created a relatively new story).  It was long.  I got there at about 7:00 pm.  We started reading at about 7:20 and finished at 10:40! :P The consensus was that it was too long and there was a lot that didn't need to be there and it essentially ended up being a white version of Othello.  It was disappointing to our director, Pug.  She was hoping that it would've been better...and funnier.  They're now thinking of creating their own mash-up of two (or three, at the most) stories.  We'll see what happens.  They need something cheap, and since Shakespeare's in the public domain, it can't get cheaper than that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »

But the good thing was that when I got home, the latest Adriana Hofstetter book was waiting for me! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »

But now, I must go to bed.  I'm taking my car in for its annual service.  I use my income tax refund to pay for it.  Hopefully, it won't cost more than what I have left. ::)

Ben

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:12:37 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:44 AM »

Last night we set up the turntable on the computer as well as the tape player. They both work so Anthony will have no problem continuing to transfer records to CDs.

Ben

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:09 AM »

We also found that the tape to cd machine has exactly the type of USB cord I need for the printer. We have a shorter cable but because of the length I couldn't use it for the printer (too far away and no room to move the printer closer). Anthony now has the shorter cable and I took the longer one, downloaded the new printer driver from Brother and the laser printer is up and running. Now we just need to get a new scanner and our technology is up to date.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:40 AM »

I just heard the news about Ahnold and Maria.

What a scumbag! Ahnold, that is.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 03:33:19 AM »

Good morning, all! After a night of terrible and unsettlng dreams filled with alens, a horrible death, treachery, deceit, and Audra McDonald (part of the treachery), I was wide awake at 5 am. After deliberating for 30 minutes, I got out of bed, showered and dressed. It's time for the first cup of coffee.

First thing this morning, a trek to Toyland to check on things. I will come back here and get ready for my annual physical exam at 1:15. When I return from that, I've got lots of Appalachian thinking and writing to accomplish. That's my day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 03:38:23 AM »

It's physical day in Manhattan. I'm having my physical today at 11am.

I had my blood work done last week. I don't expect any issues.

It's lightly raining/misting in Manhattan at 6:35am

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 04:39:40 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 04:40:08 AM »

I'm not yet back in the swing of getting up to go to work. It's hard at this hour of the morning to keep both eyes open.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:05 AM »

TOD: I don't know how heralded she was in her day, but I think Ida Lupino has been unjustly neglected as both an actress and director.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 05:27:05 AM »

Time to head out! The sooner i'm back from Toyland, the sooner I can get ready for my appointment.

DR JohnG, I haven't sent your DVD yet, but it is wrapped and ready to go! I doublt I'll get to it until this weekend.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »

I haz finished the book.....but I have to get an oil change before I can comment....that is for the car.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 06:21:11 AM »

TOD:

Former SNL'er Maya Rudolph.  She was absolutely wonderful in the overlooked film AWAY WE GO.  And this fall she's a supporting player in some sit-com.  I hope for better things for her.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:45:55 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Another cool and gloomy morning here in SW Ohio.  Today I must grocery shop, continue sorting, shredding, and filing, and attend a meeting this evening of the program planning committee for AAUW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I've had a wet walk and a strange experience when I got here! More to follow when I have the time . . .

Laura

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »

Good morning. Another usually cool day in Arizona for May. I'll be outside all day!

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:27 AM »

Let's all go out and play!
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:38 AM »

BK,

How can you talk about THE COMANCHEROS and not mention my friend, Michael Ansara, who plays the "lead" heavy.

>:(

According to Michael, Wayne directed a good deal of that film, because Curtiz was very ill and not up to the task.  Star and driector butted heads several times.

You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:49 AM »

TOD:

Michael Ansara
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

Bruce, I specifically asked Candy about you, and she never said one word about having worked with you.  She said she thought she knew you through Janet McSweeney.  That said, she also was giggling because IMDb has her listed as having done voicework for something she said she has absolutely no memory of, and I told her she needed to ask for residuals.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 07:16:21 AM »

Ah-nold fathered an illegitimate child by their housekeeper.  So now we know the reason for that separation.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:21 AM »

My voice is a bit better today.

So today is my niece's actual 2nd birthday. Her little 3 year old friend called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday. Anyway when the phone rang my niece thought it was me. So she made my sister call me at 7:30am.

So my voice is all croaky. I say happy birthday. She listens to my voice and starts to crack up. Then she says "more nana" (not sure why but she can't say auntie so that is what she has decided to call me). She wanted me to sing her happy birthday in my croaky voice so she could laugh at me! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:28 AM »

Last night my sister packaged up some birthday presents for my niece to open today.

When she went into the kitchen last night she found my niece had opened all the packages and was reading her new Dora book. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »

TOD:

Allison Hayes

Carroll Baker - although she gets some good attention now and then

Michael Pasdar

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »

What a great season finale of CHUCK last night.

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 07:35:49 AM »

The most interesting thing happening in our family today is DS Rob's "ride along" with a Middletown police officer.  It's part of his paramedic training and said officer, who used to be a firefighter, is a former student of DH Richard's.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up