Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FABULOUS FRIDAY  (Read 48946 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »

BTW, Jose, I think your eyeglass frames are PERFECT for you!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »

The most amazing puppet show! There's some French spoken at the end, but it's pretty obvious what's going on; those who don't speak it, won't miss much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvciIdDZAE

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »

I get some interesting emails from my 90-year-old tax accountant. (No joke--he looks like a healthy 70.)
Now THAT is an elderly Jew.

(the puppet show was from him.)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »

TTFN.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »

It's 6:25 On The East Coast and I'M STILL HERE..... I Mean WE'RE STILL HERE.

However,On The West Coast.........???

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:19 PM »

Exciting news about the Nudie material.  Alas, some of us haven't converted to blue and ray yet and don't see it happening anytime soon.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »

And we're still here on the west coast

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »

Healthy Vibes and Marimbas for JENNIFER

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »

JANE-

How Was The JANE and SHERLOCK Walk??????

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »

Hello, everyone.

OY, JANE!! I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist! I do wish you a speedy recovery.

Than you Jeanne.  compared to my shoulder it is a piece of cake.  i have a harry potter scar between my eyebrows, only smaller.  if only i had magical powers to go with it.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »

DR Jane did you get my email?

yes, just about to respond.  typing is a pain so i was waiting until i was more relaxed.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »

jennifer did you look up the medication?

Jane

« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »

JANE-

How Was The JANE and SHERLOCK Walk??????

Thank you.  it went fairly well.  sherlock was fairly good & we didn't run into any rowdy dogs, just nice ones.  the bikers were all very polite.  i couldn't carry water for sherlock but he wasn't overly thirsty by the time we got back to the car & keith gave him some.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »

Well, I'm so glad I accomplished all that work! If I'd procrastinated because I might have been dead today, I'd be in real trouble on Monday. I wonder how all those banner wavers and parents who told their kids they would die today feel about now? I'd never trust my parents again, were I they.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »

DR Jane did you get my email?

yes, just about to respond.  typing is a pain so i was waiting until i was more relaxed.

Oh no problem. Take your time. Just wanted to make sure you were still using that email.

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:25 PM »

No. I'm sort of afraid to check.  It's called amoxicilline.  So far the side effects are drowsiness and diarrhea. Yippee. :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »

I hope you will give JMK an exclusive IV upon the BD release of FNM.

That, my friends, saved me several keystrokes.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »

And perhaps by way of repayment, I can regale you with a number of rather interesting stories which have just been imparted to me about one of your major nemeses at a competing film review site where a former DR once worked.  Said nemesis is even crazier than you thought.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »

i can't remember the first pizza i had.  there was a place on pico blvd we went to sometimes.  i don't recall it was great, just enjoyable.

the best pizza ever was the four cheese pizza in Pisa, Italy while dining outside with a view of the tower.  After lunch we had one of the best gelate's of our trip, a carmel swirl-yum!

i enjoy french pizza very much since having it in Paris.

Was that before or after the photo in your avatar?

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »

Today  I bought a box of ice cream bars that say "freezer pack" on them.   Where else would I store ice cream bars?

Jane

« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »

No. I'm sort of afraid to check.  It's called amoxicilline.  So far the side effects are drowsiness and diarrhea. Yippee. :)

eat binding foods like a plain baled potato or basmati.  when you are done take acidophilus & bifidus if you don't already.  it not only helps the digestive system but fights east infections caused by antibiotics.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »

i can't remember the first pizza i had.  there was a place on pico blvd we went to sometimes.  i don't recall it was great, just enjoyable.

the best pizza ever was the four cheese pizza in Pisa, Italy while dining outside with a view of the tower.  After lunch we had one of the best gelate's of our trip, a carmel swirl-yum!

i enjoy french pizza very much since having it in Paris.

Was that before or after the photo in your avatar?

After.  We did the photo shortly after we arrived & then walked around, ate, walked around some more, had gelato, & then took the train back to Florence.  it was a perfect day.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »

Today  I bought a box of ice cream bars that say "freezer pack" on them.   Where else would I store ice cream bars?

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2011, 05:29:42 PM »

Wow, Jeanne just showed up out of the blue.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »

Nice! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »

It's funny - I made a little comment about the Cy Coleman revue in NY on the Broadway World board - some folks were being a little critical that it's literally one song after another with not one word of patter or any historical context.  I chimed in that I was and am always surprised when something isn't that well received that no work is done on it.   A poster immediately challenged me to post ONE negative review from a major critic, because, according to the poster, the show received unanimous raves, from the LA Times on down. 

First off, the poster doing the challenging joined the board - today.  Second off - their posting name - can'thumthetunes.  Third off, don't challenge if you're going to be disingenuous and bend the truth - because a simple Google search led me to the LA Times review which was hardly a rave - it was a decent review, lukewarm, and one of his main problems was the lack of patter and historical context.  And since I've heard that from every person I've talked to who's seen the show, well, if enough people say the same exact thing it's worth looking at, at least.  I don't think anyone's asking for endless chatter, but a few set-ups would probably do wonders.  I printed the review, welcomed the poster to the board, and asked whether it was David Zippel or Billy Stritch - certainly it's someone involved in the show from its inception.  But his followup post would have led you to believe it was some disinterested party - but no, I'm afraid not.  I'm afraid whoever it is (and I suspect it's either Zippel or Stritch) gave themselves away by somehow knowing about every review the show received.

I made one additional post, a very nice one, and wished them well.  These people should stay off these boards.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

Storms are convcerging on town, time to unplug the computer. laters...

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »

eat binding foods like a plain baled potato or basmati.  when you are done take if you don't already.  it not only helps the digestive system but fights east infections caused by antibiotics.

I actually don't even know what acidophilus & bifidus are. I"m sure i'll be okay. I haven't had antibiotics in quite a while. But i usually do fine with them.

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »

We are back from a delightful time at the movie and dinner at Bravo, one of our favorite restaurants.  It's prom night in that area and there were a lot of dressed up high school kids eating there and at the other 2 establishments in the complex.  We had our choice of being seated immediately outside or waiting 30 minutes to eat inside.  The evening was beautiful, so we sat outside under an umbrella.  After dinner we walked down to Barnes & Noble for a belated 6th birthday present for our friend Alivya.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »

We quite enjoyed WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, but I kept thinking, "I'll bet the book is even better."  It's now on my list to read soon...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up