Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THESE NOW IMMORTAL NOTES  (Read 35068 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THESE NOW IMMORTAL NOTES
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »

i hope paul doesn't get poison ivy/oak, whatever you have there, while he suffers through the camping trip.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »

I think DR Ben has some very fine viewing ahead of him this weekend. DUCHESS OF DUKE STREET is an old favorite of mine--I've watched it countless times--but I wonder if it's more of a woman's film. Ben, I'd be interested in your (and others) feedback on this. It resonates very strongly with me; I wonder how others take to it.

keith liked it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »

i hope paul doesn't get poison ivy/oak, whatever you have there, while he suffers through the camping trip.

LOL, i hope he knows what leaves to stay away from....I am really amused that he's taking this trip.  It's SOOO not him.  It will either be fabulous or a total fiasco.  I really hope he has a good time.  He's been working really hard lately and deserves some time away.  He does like to canoe, so that part will be good....unless it really is 45 degrees and raining, lol

Jane

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »

Cilla has joe spoken to his landlord?

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

I don't know Jane.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »

I would assume so

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

They finally mowed my yard today.  It's been raining every Thursday lately and god forbid they should cut it on a different day of the week, so it was VERY long.  Especially after the 2.8 inches of rain we got, but with all this rain, it really looks great!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »

Thanks for all the vibes for my mother. She came through with flying colors. She finished a lot quicker than we were told. The vibes really work.

Great news, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

I'm wishing Paul well.  He hates to camp and has no good camping memories, but this weekend he's going canoeing and camping with some hard core group of democrats in Northern Wisconsin.   He also hates tents etc.   The weather forecast is cold and wet with scattered thunderstorms.  LOL, this is SO not his cup of tea.  I can't wait to hear what he says when he comes back.   I told him to be sure and take lots of dry socks

So...why is he going??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »

Betty, Pam, Lynne, and I had a great time this afternoon/evening.  We went to Biagio's Bistro in Clifton (near UC) for an early dinner, then to Cincinnati Museum Center for the Cleopatra exhibit and book discussion.  The exhibit was quite interesting and well done and the discussion was lively.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »

T.O.D.

As an Arthur Hailey fan, I guess I would have to say AIRPORT and HOTEL.

and MADAME X.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2011, 06:57:48 PM »

That wasn't so much glossy as shiny, DR DtM.

Or perhaps - tarnished?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »

After only 16 hours of rehearsal we're in pretty good shape. The show seems a little "Jesus and Mary" heavy so we cut two numbers for tomorrow's presentation, and I think it will play well. Since it's all music, everyone's thinking far more of their music than their characters, but it's only after 16 hours. I'm just hoping someone likes what we've assembled. The cast is a wonderful group of people and I really appreciate their offering their time and talents .

I will take a break, get a bit of lunch and some allergy meds. After that, it's back to proofreading EILEEN scores

Elmore, did you say that Jarrod Emick is working on this epic?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »

I went to the post office this morning and sent packages (finally!) for DRs TCB and JohnG.!

Please let me know if when you get them and if everything's okay...meaning, if anything is damaged, which I sincerely hope will not be the case. :-\

Otherwise, ENJOY! :D

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »

i hope this video i have on FB will transfer here cuz it is soooooo darn sweet!!! a must watch for cat lovers.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1700616204148&oid=265841916267&comments

Thank you, Jane.  That was adorable.

And I liked it much better than the clip where the kitten fell asleep and the mama cat immediately snuck out to the gin mill on the corner.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »

? gin mill-lol

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »

i hope this video i have on FB will transfer here cuz it is soooooo darn sweet!!! a must watch for cat lovers.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1700616204148&oid=265841916267&comments

OMGosh! That was very, very cute!

Jane

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »

'night

George

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »

I went to the post office this morning and sent packages (finally!) for DRs TCB and JohnG.!

Please let me know if when you get them and if everything's okay...meaning, if anything is damaged, which I sincerely hope will not be the case. :-\

Otherwise, ENJOY! :D

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

And let me know if it doesn't actually work...I did the transfer myself, so hopefully I did it right.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 07:34:36 PM »

I'm wishing Paul well.  He hates to camp and has no good camping memories, but this weekend he's going canoeing and camping with some hard core group of democrats in Northern Wisconsin.   He also hates tents etc.   The weather forecast is cold and wet with scattered thunderstorms.  LOL, this is SO not his cup of tea.  I can't wait to hear what he says when he comes back.   I told him to be sure and take lots of dry socks

So...why is he going??
Because he's Paul.  Who knows.  He's actually quite excited about it.  I guess you'd have to know him.  He'll have a good time, but it's so not him

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »

druxy has your friend fixed her fb so it is safe from the hacker?

I reported the person to FB and my friend is taking care of things from her side also.
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »

So...why is he going??
Because he's Paul.  Who knows.  He's actually quite excited about it.  I guess you'd have to know him.  He'll have a good time, but it's so not him

I hope he does has a good time!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

After only 16 hours of rehearsal we're in pretty good shape. The show seems a little "Jesus and Mary" heavy so we cut two numbers for tomorrow's presentation, and I think it will play well. Since it's all music, everyone's thinking far more of their music than their characters, but it's only after 16 hours. I'm just hoping someone likes what we've assembled. The cast is a wonderful group of people and I really appreciate their offering their time and talents .

I will take a break, get a bit of lunch and some allergy meds. After that, it's back to proofreading EILEEN scores

Elmore, did you say that Jarrod Emick is working on this epic?

I did. He's a very nice man.  I've been a fan of his since DAMN YANKEES, and I was happy to hear he wanted to be involved.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:21:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »

I sent the director, for his notes to the audience tomorrow these memories of my gradmother's home in the winter in a "holler" of the Cumberland Mountains not far from Louisa, KY:
The setting for most of the piece is in the common room of the farmhouse, which is probably a log cabin of some sort with "improvements" over the years. The illumination is from the bright sunlight, until it gets darker, and kerosene lamps. The farm probably has three rooms, maybe four at most: bedroom, kitchen, the bedroom where the children slept, and that may be it. There might be a "parlor," which would be the common room for socializing with a dinner table and a fireplace. There might be a small harmonium or parlor organ; my father's aunt had one, and my grandmother had a player piano that no longer worked. During the day, with all the cooking, the house would be relatively warm, but once the dinner was finished, it would become very chilly unless you were close to the fire or stove.

There might also be a shabby rather tacky pine Christmas tree set up and decorated with popcorn strings, ribbons etc. and possibly a few stockings for the children, which would be filled with walnuts, an orange or two, peppermint sticks, maybe a small doll or car. When the characters enter, they'd be dressed warmly, so there would be some carting of winter garments, probably to the bed they have to clear for Joy later, and Curleen would offer hot cider, maybe, or cups of herbal teas, maybe a little festive peach or cherry wine or brandy for her adult children. I remember my Uncle Jay drank beer and used to give it to his baby granddaughter, which really pissed off my mother.

My grandmother always made huge 7-layer cakes of various flavors: a layer of white cake, then a layer of chocolate, then a layer of white, then a layer of coconut, then chocolate. etc. and this was always on display on a cake server on the table. At some point, I suppose they've got to have some food or something to fill them up for the trip home. The ladies, when arriving at Curleen's would bring pies, hot dishes, like beans, or fried chicken, or other foul, possibly rabbit or deer, and Curleen would probably cook up a ham, cornbread, biscuits, maybe a fruit salad, and from her canning, pickled beans, pickled corn, tomatoes, etc. My grandmother also canned eggs which terrified me. She'd also have fresh-churned butter, various jellies and jams, apple butter, and sorghum molasses, which I hated.

Curleen is the name of the family matriarch in our show, played by the fabulous Deb Lyons. David Lutken is playing her husband Ulysses "Lessy Boy," Jarrod's playing her son who works as a coal miner.Julie Foldesi, who was in SOUTH PACIFIC, plays his wife Della. Mimi Bessette is playing Curleen's sister, who lost her husband in a mining disaster. The cast is really fantastic.

My earliest memories of my grandmother's house are how cold it was, especally upstairs where we slept under enormous piles of quilts and blankets because there was no heat. There was a stove in the dining room and a fireplace in the living room, but if you went more than 6 feet away from it, you froze. I don't believe there was electricity in the house until around 1956. She had no indoor plumbing until my dad installed it around 1966.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:25:14 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »

Page FOUR?  This will NOT do, oh, no, this will NOT do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »

I have had such a crazy day - I haven't really moved around a lot, but just one thing after another to deal with and no end in sight if I want to get today's stuff done. 

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »

DR Elmore - those notes are beautiful!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:08 PM »

Had a good meeting and now have a huge decision to make - not quite ready to talk about it here, but it involves our series of shows at the Gardenia.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »

Then I picked up some packages, had a Chinese chicken salad and sweet potato fries for lunch, then finally came home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »

One of the packages contained a 16mm print of a film that we're issuing the soundtrack for, or, for which we're issuing the soundtrack.  It's never been on any home video in the US, although I did purchase a French DVD which was, unfortunately, IN French with no subtltles and it's a longer version of the film and it also includes a completely different musical score - in other words, it did me no good whatsoever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up