Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL DAY OF MAY  (Read 40611 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE FINAL DAY OF MAY
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »

Good Evening!

The current production of The Normal Heart truly deserves all the praise it has been receiving. I did find the staging of the final scene a little awkward, but watching Joe Mantello go through all of that was truly moving and awesome. It's sort of hard to believe that he took a break from acting the past couple of years to concentrate on his directing career. It doesn't show.

I did cry, but not as much as I thought I would have. I know the play, so that helped to ease some of the emotional overload - I knew what was coming. I also think that I've cried enough tears in real life over the loss of some friends and colleagues who have died from AIDS. As the song goes: ain't got no tears left.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »

After I got out of the show, I decided to hang out a bit at the stage door, just to see who would come out - and also to watch everyone who was waiting for autographs and photographs. It seemed that a majority of them were were waiting for Luke McFarlane ("Brothers & Sisters"), Lee Pace ("Pushing Daisies") and Jim Parsons ("The Big Bang Theory")...

And then it was fun to watch how those actors made their escape from the crowd. ;) *Although, I couldn't blame them. There were a lot of high school kids there, and they were behaving in a most unseemly and rude manner. Even the security guard was getting a bit fed up with some of the hooting and hollering.

*I did get a chance to chat briefly with Wayne Wilcox on his way out, and that was nice.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »

And...

The Golden shares the same stage door entrance/exit with The Jacobs and The Majestic... And it turned out that The Phantom of the Opera was just getting out too, so I decided to wait around for a few minutes to say Hi to Hugh Panaro.

I caught his eye as he came out - and before he got mobbed by a group of high school kids asking for autographs and photos. Once he finished meeting and greeting, he walked over to me, and asked if I was heading home. And since I was, he said he would give me a ride uptown. So, I hopped in his car, and we had a nice catch-up session before his driver dropped me off at 86th Street. It was a perfect way to end the evening.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »

~~~~~STAY HIGH AND DRY VIBES TO DR CILLALIZ~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:11 PM »

DR Jose, have you ever ridden on a Sky Express Bus? They're in deep doo-doo after this morning's accident killing four.

Nope. I've never ridden Sky Express Bus.

...And as much as I've taken the Chinatown busses in the past, until they find a way to streamline their boarding processes, I don't think I'll be taking them again anytime soon. The crowds just seem to get worse and worse, and there's so much pushing and shoving and yelling and screaming during the boarding process since there seems to be no coordination between the tickets they sell online and at the ticket windows.

I've also grown fond of Bolt Bus. And with Bolt Bus, you get a free ticket after a certain number of trips.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

And...

Now I'm very sleepy.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:15 PM »

I am very frustrated with myself and Chase.  I did not notice that Gabe's conservatorship was maturing, and the stupid friggin' bank never sent me a maturation notice and rollover notice, and now they have stuck it in another 8 year term instrument, which is not statutorily allowed, as Gabe has to have access to it upon his 18th birthday.  I called the bank today and they are saying a court order will have to be drafted or else they will charge me $600 to change the term of the CD.  Ridiculous.

Those bastards! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2011, 11:22:53 PM »

I'm very boring tonight.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »

Night.  Sweet dreams.   ;D

George

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »

I just realized that I set my DVR to record "The Boy and the Pirates" on TCM this morning!  I forgot that it was on, but it did get recorded. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »

It's only available on DVD as a two-fer with a 1988 movie called "Crystalstone."  Amazon doesn't have any listing of the movie on VHS...not even out-of-print listings.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up