Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NAUSEOUS NOTES  (Read 20177 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: NAUSEOUS NOTES
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »

I think this nausea stems from the late-night meal at Little Toni's - and it's not the first time, so as much as I like it there, I shan't be going back.  I really don't think I'll be able to eat anything today.

Laura

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »

Did you try taking something like Pepcid AC?  Not Tums, but a real medicine.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »

The Profiles in History catalog of Debbie Reynolds costumes and props being auctioned is absolutely unbelievable.

JR, for a mere several thousand you, too, can own costumes from the 1953 TITANIC or even several things Lucy wore in THE LONG, LONG TRAILER.

I remember two things about watching TITANIC on Saturday Night at the Movies (10/7/1961); well three if you count Robert Wagner's good looks.  One is that incredible coat that Barbara Stanwyck wears the last night onboard ship and in the lifeboat (Norman!  Norman!  Oh my God, Norman!").  The other is the underwater shot of the Titanic colliding with the iceberg.  The shot in the film shows the ship being struck on the port side.  Even then, at age 11, I knew that the ship was struck on the starboard side.

I wonder if that coat is for sale in the auction?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

The Profiles in History catalog of Debbie Reynolds costumes and props being auctioned is absolutely unbelievable.

JR, for a mere several thousand you, too, can own costumes from the 1953 TITANIC or even several things Lucy wore in THE LONG, LONG TRAILER.

I remember two things about watching TITANIC on Saturday Night at the Movies (10/7/1961); well three if you count Robert Wagner's good looks.  One is that incredible coat that Barbara Stanwyck wears the last night onboard ship and in the lifeboat (Norman!  Norman!  Oh my God, Norman!").  The other is the underwater shot of the Titanic colliding with the iceberg.  The shot in the film shows the ship being struck on the port side.  Even then, at age 11, I knew that the ship was struck on the starboard side.

I wonder if that coat is for sale in the auction?

And with all the versions that have been released of that film, no one has ever gone in and reversed that shot!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »

So, I have a question for the technological people:

If you happen fall into the water, what's the best thing to do for the cell phone in your pocket?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

If you happen fall into the water, what's the best thing to do for the cell phone in your pocket?

Take off the battery and dry it off as best as you can, and then put it in a bowl of dry, uncooked rice.  I've been told that that really dries out phones very well.  Most (but not all) of my friends who've done this, said that their phones were able to work.  I have no idea how long you should keep it in the rice, though.  Good luck!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »

I haven't got a clue!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

Take off the battery and dry it off as best as you can, and then put it in a bowl of dry, uncooked rice.  I've been told that that really dries out phones very well.  Most (but not all) of my friends who've done this, said that their phones were able to work.  I have no idea how long you should keep it in the rice, though.  Good luck!

Wouldn't it be faster to put it in Instant Rice?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »

Wouldn't it be faster to put it in Instant Rice?

::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »

There is a very good reason why AOL News has not become the world's most watched news station.  Case in point, this headline:

Ferris Wheel Fall Leaves Girl Dead!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »

DR Laura-wonderful photos.  Might the first one be of a turtle pond?

Laura

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »

I took the battery out and put it out on the patio, where it is warm (95 degrees) and dry. I'll put it in rice overnight, I guess. I wonder if it will be safe to turn it back on in the morning?

Laura

« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

We went to Mesquite Wash, which is just north of Phoenix. No turtles, but we found a lot of little frogs and tadpoles.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »

DS Rob was told yesterday that they have 3 chances to pass the exam he took today and that only 30% pass it the first time, but by the 3rd time 95% will have passed.  Unfortunately, tonight Rob is NOT in the 30%, so more vibes will be needed a week from today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »

Richard and I went out for Skyline Chili and frozen yogurt and decided on the way home to go to the First Friday open house at our community's new Pendleton Art Center. We watched our friend Sam doing woodcut prints and I talked to a young woman who teaches collage and other paper crafts.  I may take a class from her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »

DR Ginny i am shocked!  is it that the courses don't prepare the students properly?  Are there on-line exams he can take from now until next week?

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

DR Jane - we're trying not to panic here.  He knows which areas were his weakest and will concentrate on those for the next week.

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »

Here is the young collage artist I talked to this evening:

A Wee Bit Warped

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »

Today's Photos  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270552251075.375765.736116074&l=2a91621e5e  Not too many.   I left the office late morning and ended up hauling 150 sandbags for an elderly couple.  Their niece had posted on Facebook that she was all alone.   We did a couple loads of bags from the bagging station to the house in a pickup.  Then a number of family members showed up, including many men who looked strong...so I left

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »

Thanks for today's update, DR Cillaliz.  Stay safe!

Jane

« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2011, 07:15:55 PM »

DR Jane - we're trying not to panic here.  He knows which areas were his weakest and will concentrate on those for the next week.

Major vibes to DS Rob!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2011, 07:41:58 PM »

Richard and I went out for Skyline Chili and frozen yogurt and decided on the way home to go to the First Friday open house at our community's new Pendleton Art Center. We watched our friend Sam doing woodcut prints and I talked to a young woman who teaches collage and other paper crafts.  I may take a class from her.

She is a college professor teaching paper crafts?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »

Consider it dead and get a new one. Remember when I dropped mine in the boiling spaghetti water?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »

I have returned from FALSETTOLAND. The singing from most of the cast could have been better, but the direction was good, the musical director a fantastic pianist, and all were solid on their harmonies. Unfortunately I feel the piece, like MARCH OF THE FALSETTOS, is a meretricious, sloppy, lousy, stupid piece of theatre whose success still amazes me. The lyrics are terrible, as if he pulled any first rhyme that came to his mind, whether it fit the character, the situation, or even sense; and the whole thing seems to me to be a piece of sentimental stupidity pandering to a primarily Jewish middle class audience watching "safe" gay couples be very safely middle class, dealing as cutely as possible with a bar mitzvah in the hospital room of the person dying from AIDS. When my goddaughter Charlotte, as the doctor, sings "Something bad is happening" and that's the shallow depth of commentary on AIDS and its victims in this horror, I wanted to react like the doctor in the brilliant, angry, and much more honest AIDS play, THE NORMAL HEART, and throw the medical records of the 100+ friends I've seen die of AIDS at the stage. Thoroughly repellent!

I still blame Frank Rich for promoting this twaddle and calling the author the next Sondheim. This author didn't write anything good until THE PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:10:18 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

Today's Photos  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270552251075.375765.736116074&l=2a91621e5e  Not too many.   I left the office late morning and ended up hauling 150 sandbags for an elderly couple.  Their niece had posted on Facebook that she was all alone.   We did a couple loads of bags from the bagging station to the house in a pickup.  Then a number of family members showed up, including many men who looked strong...so I left

You are amazing. Now that I've been paid, I'm sending my check tomorrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from Fairfax, Virginia!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2011, 08:26:01 PM »

The bus ride down was relatively uneventful. There were a few traffic snarls along the way, and we did end getting in about 30 minutes late, but it was a nice day for a bus ride and/or taking a nap on a bus. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »

Once I got into Union Station, I hopped on the Metro out to my brother's office in Arlington. Then we dropped off my stuff at his place before heading over to visit his daughter, Alexandra, who was over at her mother's house. When we got there, I was greeted at the door by Bentley and Holly. Bentley is a dachshund, and Holly is a golden retriever. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »

We ended up joining Alex for dinner - pizza! I also got to spend time with Alex's brother and sister, Mason and Elena. And Alex's best friend - they went to a movie later. And the dogs. In other words, I needed a nap after dinner. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up