Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 13366 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I just had my lunch, and now I'm sitting outside on the "deck" which overlooks the Southwest Waterfront, and has a view of the Washington Monument. -There are a few buildings too, but, yes, you can see the obelisk.

Where is monkey?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »

Page four Dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »

Congrats to DR JMK for the switch to COMCAST!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »

And...

After Tuesday night's performance of Catch Me If You Can, Norbert Leo Butz made this extended Tony Acceptance-Thank You SPEECH.

That is one F***ING good speech. I love that man. Thanks for posting it. An early morning cry at the office.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love live theatre!

DR Ben - Yes, it is! I was about to turn in last when someone forwarded me the link. I had a good pre-bedtime cry.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I just had my lunch, and now I'm sitting outside on the "deck" which overlooks the Southwest Waterfront, and has a view of the Washington Monument. -There are a few buildings too, but, yes, you can see the obelisk.

Where is monkey?

Um... Well... Monkey is still getting used to the fact that we'll be down here on a more full-time basis over the next few months... 'Nuff said.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

This is Interstate 29 looking toward Omaha.  They have it worse than we do

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »

This is Interstate 29 looking toward Omaha.  They have it worse than we do

Ohmigod, DR cilaliz! It's horrifying, but i have to say, it's a beautiful photo.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »

DR Jose, I saw your latwer post about Russell Bennett; in his book about orchestration, Bennett writes that his theory on composer's harmonies is that one must respect them on the first chorus and refrain. After that, he is for chord substitutions for several reasons:
   1. the arrangement may require different chords to accomplish necessary fills, harmonic movement, etc. as the number progresses
   2. after six weeks of hearing the same harmonies played over and over on the piano for all rehearsals, some new harmonies can provide a nice and sometimes welcome surprise.

Thanks for that information, DR elmore.

And I'm just hoping that the Spirit/Spectre of Robert Russell Bennett will not be too mad at me for "adjusting" some of his wonderful orchestrations for this production.

*Although... I wonder if that is what caused the set of blinds in the Vocal Room where I'm working to fall on me earlier today? ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »

For those DRs in the DC area - or willing to make a trip down to DC on Thursday, July 14, Arena Stage is currently running a Facebook promotion to win tickets to the Opening Night performance and the after-party. -All you have to do is "Like" Arena Stage" to enter.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2011, 11:56:51 AM »

And... I just got that weird SQL socket/layer/thingie error message.... And I think that means my break is over.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »

Get back to work!  You're not being paid to surf the inner net.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:55 PM »

My condolences, DR Ginny.

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2011, 12:26:21 PM »

and for DR Matthew, my congratulations on the new DD! I hope there will be many more photos for us to see!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

Thursday morning greetings.  Thank you all for the vibes and prayers.  My Aunt Jo died about 4 this morning, relieving her sons from having to make some awful decisions.  The prayer now is that she finds a degree of peace that eluded her in life.

My condolences to you and your family, Ginny.

~~~Vibes of Comfort for All!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »

Check out this little article about us: www.acertaincinema.com

That's pretty cool, BK!  Someone out there is paying attention! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »

DR Jose, I saw your latwer post about Russell Bennett; in his book about orchestration, Bennett writes that his theory on composer's harmonies is that one must respect them on the first chorus and refrain. After that, he is for chord substitutions for several reasons:
   1. the arrangement may require different chords to accomplish necessary fills, harmonic movement, etc. as the number progresses
   2. after six weeks of hearing the same harmonies played over and over on the piano for all rehearsals, some new harmonies can provide a nice and sometimes welcome surprise.

Thanks for that information, DR elmore.

And I'm just hoping that the Spirit/Spectre of Robert Russell Bennett will not be too mad at me for "adjusting" some of his wonderful orchestrations for this production.

*Although... I wonder if that is what caused the set of blinds in the Vocal Room where I'm working to fall on me earlier today? ::)

I'd blame Bruce Coughlin!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »

We did make an exception last night - the Vixter and I went to the ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! showing of Company at our local movie theatre.  We really enjoyed it .  I thought Stephen Colbert and Jon Cryer had no business being in the cast but the rest of the cast was fantastic and we were glad we went

It's not playing anywhere near the Olympia/Tumwater, Washington area. :P

I hope that it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray...does anyone know??

George

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »

DR vixmom - I'm glad that you got a chance to take a break last night from your "basement project". *Btw, Mr. Sondheim actually sent a note to Stephen Colbert asking him to be in the concert. So.. ::)

I wonder if it was because of Colbert's interview of Sondheim...they both seemed to have enjoyed it.

George

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »

I've had telephone conversations with Social Security who set me up for an appointment on Monday morning June 20 and with Mr Ron Raines about the FOLLIES transfer. And that's my morning.

Larry, why does Social Security need to talk to you and Ron Raines about the FOLLIES transfer??

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »

Rehearsal was fun - it's really a good act and she's getting better and better.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »

I've had telephone conversations with Social Security who set me up for an appointment on Monday morning June 20 and with Mr Ron Raines about the FOLLIES transfer. And that's my morning.

Larry, why does Social Security need to talk to you and Ron Raines about the FOLLIES transfer??

;)

You'll have to wait for the memoirs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to the lab.  VERY gray out today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »

Better and better is a good thing to be getting.

George

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

And...

After Tuesday night's performance of Catch Me If You Can, Norbert Leo Butz made this extended Tony Acceptance-Thank You SPEECH.

That was a great speech! 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »

No good deed goes unpunished department:  my current tenant, who is breaking the lease because she broke up with her boyfriend, informed me today she's leaving more or less immediately, despite being required to give me 30 days' notice.  I had already stepped up to the plate in first helping her to find a housemate, which was her first choice, and then listing the house and finding someone else to move in in August.  She pretty much said "you'll have to make other plans."  I had previously offered her a reduction of the lease break fee (which is statutorily determined in Oregon), but when she told me she was leaving ASAP, I said no way.  Her ex-boyfriend then lobbied a really violent email exchange at me.  I can't believe these people.  We have bent over backwards to help them from day one.  Cretins.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »

Hey Jose or some other Smartphone maven:  is there an *easy* way to reset a Gmail password on an Android phone?  You would think with it being Googleized that would be easy, but it isn't and doing a Google on how to brings up some insanely convoluted methods for doing it.  The problem is on an Android phone you put in your Gmail password the first time you turn the phone on, and then Gmail is just kind of "there," with no Settings available anywhere.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »

No good deed goes unpunished department:  my current tenant, who is breaking the lease because she broke up with her boyfriend, informed me today she's leaving more or less immediately, despite being required to give me 30 days' notice.  I had already stepped up to the plate in first helping her to find a housemate, which was her first choice, and then listing the house and finding someone else to move in in August.  She pretty much said "you'll have to make other plans."  I had previously offered her a reduction of the lease break fee (which is statutorily determined in Oregon), but when she told me she was leaving ASAP, I said no way.  Her ex-boyfriend then lobbied a really violent email exchange at me.  I can't believe these people.  We have bent over backwards to help them from day one.  Cretins.

Some people's children! :P

KevinH

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »

Condolences to DR Ginny.

KevinH

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »

Vibes to TCB.

KevinH

« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »

And...

Nice gesture by Mr. Butz.  I'm thinking I might want to see the show--I hope it's still around in October when my friend from California meets me in NY.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up