Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOTES THAT WERE SHORT  (Read 9732 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE NOTES THAT WERE SHORT
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »

Back from a great transfer session - all I can tell you is we spent lots of time on Dancing Dildos and Honey, Whatcha Doin' Tonight, and we color corrected every shot, fixed the bad framing issues on certain shots and these numbers look incredible now.  The internegative is really in good shape, I have to say.  And the color has never EVER looked like this - it's so accurate now it just makes me deliriously happy.  Also fixed terrible framing issues in Lesbian, Butch, Dyke that have always been there.  We kind of made an attempt to fix them on the DVD but we've REALLY fixed them for this transfer.  Our director of photography never knew when to tilt up or pan or not to pan or not to tilt - it's like he was taken by surprise anytime anyone moved anywhere - even though he'd watched three or four rehearsals in a row.  But now, we've pretty well fixed his errors.  We only have fifteen minutes left on reel five, so we should be able to finish tomorrow - whether we actually have time to lay it back to digital tape I don't know - Let 'Em Eat Cake will require some time to get right, another number that's never looked very good - there'll be some reframing things, some major color correction and hopefully it will come out as well as the rest.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

Good Evening!

I finally made it out of the house for a bit. I headed over to Hanaro Plaza which is basically strip mall anchored by Spa World and Hanaro Food (a huge Korean supermarket). There are also a couple of other Korean/Chinese/Japanese restaurants in there too, as well as a sports bar and a "tequila cafe". Anyhoo...

After walking "the strip", I checked out Hanaro, and then ended up having a late lunch/early dinner at their in-house cafe. I tried their jja jang myun - noodles topped with a black bean, pork and onion sauce. It was quite good, and quite a bargain at only $4.95 too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »

bk - Great news about the continuing progress on the TFNM restoration!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:20 PM »

bk - Great news about the continuing progress on the TFNM restoration!

DITTO!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »

I then moved storage units with the help of the helper - we actually got it done in two hours.  I found the box of memorabilia I knew was there but that I couldn't find when finding stuff for the photo section of the book.  Too bad, too - this box had the TV Guide listing for The Young Lawyers, my first TV show, several great programs, some reviews, and one name I could not remember that I would love to have included in the book - the star of the third production of Start At The Top - Linda Urrea.  I knew it was Linda but could not remember the last name, nor could anyone else.  One of the leads in the third production was named - Jimmy Carter!  I have no memory of about half the cast listed in the program.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »

I know I should jog but it is insufferably hot out.  Still, I'd planned not to do four miles today (cannot do that every day) - so I think I'll go do two miles or two and a half, then go have a sandwich at Jerry's Deli - or maybe some eggs and bacon.  It's so frustrating that the weight loss is so slow in coming, although I do see it a little now.  I postponed the radio show until Wednesday night - just too tired after this busy little day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »

I then moved storage units with the help of the helper - we actually got it done in two hours.  I found the box of memorabilia I knew was there but that I couldn't find when finding stuff for the photo section of the book.  Too bad, too - this box had the TV Guide listing for The Young Lawyers, my first TV show, several great programs, some reviews, and one name I could not remember that I would love to have included in the book - the star of the third production of Start At The Top - Linda Urrea.  I knew it was Linda but could not remember the last name, nor could anyone else.  One of the leads in the third production was named - Jimmy Carter!  I have no memory of about half the cast listed in the program.

bk - ...And before you start your class action lawsuit against your storage space, be sure to check your past bills as well as your original contract. I'm sure there must have been some sort of notice of "change of rate" at the bottom of one of your bills over the past couple of months. -Also, be sure to check your original contract to see when, how and if they have to notify you of any changes in your rental contract, including your monthly fee.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »

In the amazing department, someone just posted on my Facebook page that they'd seen me on You Tube in a clip from Nudie Musical on The Mike Douglas Show with Cindy as a guest.  I talk about this episode at length in the book and how, after the clip they went to commercial and Mike came to me and asked me how he could get in on it as an investor.  To see this all these years later is unbelievable - Cindy comes on around thirty-five minutes in - you can fast forward to her entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLV08qW6Uk&feature=share

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

My only comment, then, is to say that I watched my favorite Bollywood movie again, today. GUMNAAM (1965). A wonderful Indian version of Agatha Christie's TEN LITTLE INDIANS.

You can see the trailer for the film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemNT6cY8EE

It is quite a fun film.

I agree that it is a fun movie, but it does seem to bog down in the middle.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »

In the amazing department, someone just posted on my Facebook page that they'd seen me on You Tube in a clip from Nudie Musical on The Mike Douglas Show with Cindy as a guest.  I talk about this episode at length in the book and how, after the clip they went to commercial and Mike came to me and asked me how he could get in on it as an investor.  To see this all these years later is unbelievable - Cindy comes on around thirty-five minutes in - you can fast forward to her entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLV08qW6Uk&feature=share

:) That's a great clip! -And the audience shot at the beginning... Those clothes!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:10 PM »

How wonderful to see that Mike Douglas clip!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

I wonder if PLAY MISTY FOR ME still holds up--I haven't seen it in years.

I didn't think it held up when it was new.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »

Yes DR JOHN G - although I didn't mention it - Mr Peter Falk's playing of Jeff was excellent.

Does that source have the Armstrong KISS ME KATE?

I didn't bookmark the link.
Am curious about that, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »

Back from a great transfer session - all I can tell you is we spent lots of time on Dancing Dildos and Honey, Whatcha Doin' Tonight, and we color corrected every shot, fixed the bad framing issues on certain shots and these numbers look incredible now.  The internegative is really in good shape, I have to say.  And the color has never EVER looked like this - it's so accurate now it just makes me deliriously happy.  Also fixed terrible framing issues in Lesbian, Butch, Dyke that have always been there.  We kind of made an attempt to fix them on the DVD but we've REALLY fixed them for this transfer.  Our director of photography never knew when to tilt up or pan or not to pan or not to tilt - it's like he was taken by surprise anytime anyone moved anywhere - even though he'd watched three or four rehearsals in a row.  But now, we've pretty well fixed his errors.  We only have fifteen minutes left on reel five, so we should be able to finish tomorrow - whether we actually have time to lay it back to digital tape I don't know - Let 'Em Eat Cake will require some time to get right, another number that's never looked very good - there'll be some reframing things, some major color correction and hopefully it will come out as well as the rest.
Good news that it's coming along so well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »

Page 2 lethargic dance
This describes the whole day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »

Well, who'da thunk it.  Back at the beginning of March, I ordered The Human Comedy from Footlight.com.  Sometime in the middle of April (because I hadn't received it yet), I sent an e-mail asking if they knew how long it might take for me to get the CD, if it's still available.  No response.  In May, I sent another e-mail asking "Is anyone there?"  STILL no response...so I just figure that they couldn't get it or it's no longer available or the guy died.  I had no idea.  Anyway, I get back from lunch and it has just arrived out of the blue!!  It's a brand new, sealed copy in perfect condition, but they never responded to my e-mails.  Weird, huh?

Anyway, thanks to the people who offered to send me copies.  I wanted to wait until I heard something from Footlight, and now I have...three and a half months later.

:)
Hope you enjoy it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »

today was strange at work. The system was down, but for my group, so there was no work. I ended up reading the last 275 pages of the Kalevala because there was literally nothing else to do. It was like a dream come true.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »

What a day, and it's not over yet.  That's all I have to say.

Laura

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:46 PM »

I am so tired. I feel like I could go to bed now and sleep until morning.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »

Not a bad idea, Laura.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »

Well, Jose, "Twist," directed by Miss Debbie Allen, has opened in L.A. I haven't seen a review yet.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

Fred's daughter Wendy Waldman is one of my all time faves.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

Richard and I quite enjoyed MIDNIGHT IN PARIS.  I am not much of an Owen Wilson fan and have been trying to think of someone else I'd rather have seen as the leading man.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »

Aw...

R.I.P. Margaret Tyzack

Awww, not Cousin Bette!
My favorite of her performances.

She's awfully wonderful in I, CLAUDIUS, too, as his mother. I should watch that series again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2011, 05:28:58 PM »

Yes Christmas is less than six months away now.

Exactly 180 days.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »

Aw...

R.I.P. Margaret Tyzack

Awww, not Cousin Bette!

She's awfully wonderful in I, CLAUDIUS, too, as his mother. I should watch that series again.

Richard and I watched I, CLAUDIUS while we were dating and, for that reason, used the theme from MASTERPIECE THEATRE as our wedding processional.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »

Yes Christmas is less than six months away now.

Exactly 180 days.

And only 120 days until the end of summer. (That's when my programmable AC thermostat is set to turn off.)
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

Aw...

R.I.P. Margaret Tyzack

Awww, not Cousin Bette!

Richard and I watched I, CLAUDIUS while we were dating and, for that reason, used the theme from MASTERPIECE THEATRE as our wedding processional.

Our wedding processional was "The judge is ready for you now."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up