Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIREWORKS OF JULY  (Read 12041 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE FIREWORKS OF JULY
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »

Today is the first time I've really watched this trial.  I still don't get why it's so important that it should get this gavel to gavel coverage.  No one is going to find out what really happened. There won't be any Perry Mason moments.  It's just a trial

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »

So, DD Ben is awesome.  He was blocked into the last moment of The Wiz yesterday and is very happy with it.  He went right to his bed by the piano and went to sleep.  He's such a great dog.  Very mellow, easy going, loves the dog park, etc.

As for me, well, as for me.  It's been a tough "emo" week.  Having a hard time accepting the new reality - which may be almost 2 months old, but still seems foreign to me.  It feels like a relapse of emotions, and at times feels like a bad dream.  I really thought I was over that, but it seems that I'm not.  So... I'm hoping this will pass and DD Ben and I can get on with our life.  It's all I can do NOT to contact the ex, as I'm sure I won't get the response I'd like.  So, why bother.

We're off to camp now. 

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »

DR Matthew - {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

DR Matthew - {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

{{{{{DITTO!!}}}}}
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »

I'm up.  Got up at ten and had to immediately do the four-mile jog, because I had two back to back mini-meetings at twelve-thirty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

Those are done now and I'm so sore from all this running it's not even funny - may have to go sit in the Jacuzzi tonight.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »

So, DD Ben is awesome.  He was blocked into the last moment of The Wiz yesterday and is very happy with it.  He went right to his bed by the piano and went to sleep.  He's such a great dog.  Very mellow, easy going, loves the dog park, etc.

As for me, well, as for me.  It's been a tough "emo" week.  Having a hard time accepting the new reality - which may be almost 2 months old, but still seems foreign to me.  It feels like a relapse of emotions, and at times feels like a bad dream.  I really thought I was over that, but it seems that I'm not.  So... I'm hoping this will pass and DD Ben and I can get on with our life.  It's all I can do NOT to contact the ex, as I'm sure I won't get the response I'd like.  So, why bother.

We're off to camp now. 

DR Matthew, a breakup does not make for an easy recovery. And, contrary to Mr Jerry Herman, time often heals nothing. Do not call the ex, go to the part with DD Ben, enjoy your freedom, and know that you have friends and work to help you through the loneliness and the bad times. I can only wish you well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »

I guess the media needed a Trial of the Century this year, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

Thank you DR Vixmom.  VIBES YOUR LIFE BECOMES LESS HECTIC!

FJL

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »

Comfort vibes to Sam (from last night's posts).

FJL

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »

Matthew - i agree with the approach you took.  very good move! 

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »

VIBES OF COMFORT AND UNDERSTANDING TO DR SAM!

FJL

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »

We're off to camp now. 

DR Matthew, a breakup does not make for an easy recovery. And, contrary to Mr Jerry Herman, time often heals nothing. Do not call the ex, go to the part with DD Ben, enjoy your freedom, and know that you have friends and work to help you through the loneliness and the bad times. I can only wish you well.

Not that Jerry Herman needs the likes of me to defend him  :) , but the character said at the end of the song "time heals everything but loving you."

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »

Does anyone else have problems with the lack of proper grammar and pronunciation by the Judge in the Casey Anthony case?

I have problems with the decline of grammar everywhere, especially coming from writers in the media. Whenever a character in a play, tv series, newscast, novel, etc. uses the improper nominative case when they should be using the objective, I cringe. It's horrifying. These idiots should be be forced to read good writers from before 1950, and not allowed to be called "writer" until they can prove they can tell a "me" from an "I" and a "lay" from a "lie."

:D

I have not been following the case, beyond what I can't avoid in the headlines.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »

DR Matthew,

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »

Happy Canada Day!

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »

Went to the pool with my niece and then came home and went on a bike ride.

Later will go see a musical/dance/singing group and then the fireworks.  The weather is nice for once. So i don't think we'll have to worry about rain.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

RE: facebook.

I have started using it a lot more and I think I do the opposite of what most people do. I have "liked" a lot of book groups, tv shows, authors ... and it can actually take me a while to go through all the new posts on my wall.

Laura

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »

Happy Canada Day, Jennifer!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Hugs to DR Matthew. FWIW, I, too, think you are doing the right thing. You may want to find more places to take DD Ben. Soon you'll find you have a new life.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »

DR JMK, and just what sort of vehicle did DS Gabe feel you should be providing?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »

Happy Canada Day from me, too. For all DRs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »

Maybe that's why Jennifer never answered the question of whether she'll go see The Brain From Planet X in Montreal in French.  Too busy on Facebook.  Pogue lives there, you know.  24/7.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »

I am doing laundry (obligatory mention). I've also been talking to one of my neighbors about the young couple who live above him and next to me. Several times I've sworn they were going right through the wall. So much banging! I really, really detest noise. I've started looking for another place to live, but don't want to find myself in different quarters, but with the same complaints. (different complaint, please)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »

TOD:

THE GOOD WIFE
DALZIEL & PASCOE

(The others slip my mind.)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

Didn't Jennifer say she'd like to the The Brain in French, but that it's quite a drive?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »

I'd like the see The Brain in French, but it's quite a drive for me, too.

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »

DR Matthew, so glad DD Ben has turned out to be such good company...I knew he would!

Just focus on your hobbies, friends, and projects. When you feel overwhelmed watch a movie that will make you cry it all out or laugh it all out. Maybe start going to the gym (if you don't already) and you can work it out. Be good to yourself. Eventually, the hurt will lessen...and you may find that it was all for the best.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up