Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT'S FRENCH, YOU KNOW  (Read 12603 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THAT'S FRENCH, YOU KNOW
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »

If we had a gas stove he would have roasted the eggplant on the stove.  It tastes much pepper that way.

And it's more "much pepper" on an outdoor grill. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »

PAGE EIGHT BLEU CHEESE DANCE!!!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2011, 07:41:10 PM »

I don't like lemon dressing - I don't even know what that means - how yucky can you get?  And every low-fat dressing I've ever tasted has been horrid.

A "lemon dressing" can be something as simple as just a squeeze of lemon juice over your salad greens. Just the lemon juice. If you need some oil, then a very judicious drizzle of olive oil is a good addition.

I've found that if the vegetables are very fresh, sometimes I don't need any dressing. It's nice to enjoy the taste of the vegetables.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »

In honor of our discussion, I had a salad with bleu cheese and a veggie burger with avocado.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »

I made sure to dissect it before eating.   ::)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »

I could not stand bleu cheese when I was a child and could not understand how my Mother could love it so much.  Now of course it's one of my favorites.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »

I suspect some of our GUESTS came because of the article.  I suspect some of our GUESTS are here for the reasons stated by Jose.  I suspect some of our GUESTS are the same old, same old, including a couple of people we all know and don't love.

DR JMK - Please note, there are three - count 'em three - sentences/reasons/explanations/possibilities in bk's post. I did not reference no stinkin' article.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

No fireworks here tomorrow. There are several laser light shows planned. Doesn't sound the same.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »

I could not stand bleu cheese when I was a child and could not understand how my Mother could love it so much.  Now of course it's one of my favorites.

The stinkier the better!

My favorite wine and cheese place in NYC serves an artisanal Limburger. Man is that some good cheese!
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »

I suspect some of our GUESTS came because of the article.  I suspect some of our GUESTS are here for the reasons stated by Jose.  I suspect some of our GUESTS are the same old, same old, including a couple of people we all know and don't love.

DR JMK - Please note, there are three - count 'em three - sentences/reasons/explanations/possibilities in bk's post. I did not reference no stinkin' article.

Yes, but I had incorrectly assumed they were all interrelated.

JMK

« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »

House Hunters is in Boston and I am amazed at how cheap houses there are.

JMK

« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »

The realtor's name is Avi Shemtov.  I''m going to go way out on a limb and say he's Jewish.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I took French in college. I can no longer converse en français, but I can still read most basic texts.

I also took one semester of German while I was in college. Unfortunately, I took it at the same that I was taking my third semester of French. That was when I discovered what "Romance Language" meant. OY!

And, like DR George, as part of vocal studies in college, I took "Lyric Diction". The class covered English(!), Italian, French, German and a touch of Spanish and Catalan. I keep meaning to reacquaint myself with the IPA one day.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2011, 08:05:20 PM »

I think they are black beauty eggplants. I would not make eggplant pickles. Ever.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »

And you know what happens you "assume"... ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

The realtor's name is Avi Shemtov.  I''m going to go way out on a limb and say he's Jewish.

That's a good name.

FJL

« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »

And you know what happens you "assume"... ::)

"ODD COUPLE ASSUME" BLACKBOARD DANCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvTwv5o1Qs

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »

I think they are black beauty eggplants. I would not make eggplant pickles. Ever.

DR Laura - You can pick Black Beauty Eggplants when they're small. In fact, that will promote more growth and fruit throughout the rest of the growing season. They may be on the "sour" side, but baking and broiling should take care of that.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »

The crowd right now at SITP...got it from a friend, glad I left.  You can see part of the band shell in the upper right

Yep, that's some crowd!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »

Now I am craving avocados and ice cream!

How about Avocado Ice Cream?

*Avocado milkshakes are one of my favorites.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »

And now...

I'm trying to decide if I want to drive in for tomorrow's rehearsal or just park at the Metro station and take the train in.

This morning, I ended being about 20 minutes late due to an accident on I-66. Thankfully, I had just passed an exit ramp when the traffic came to a standstill, and when the police started signaling drivers to go ahead and turn around(!) and go back to the exit ramp, I didn't have far to go.

Tomorrow night, there is work scheduled on the outbound side of I-66, and it might be easier and less stressful just to take the train in. -And since parking is free tomorrow, well... I shall see how I feel about it in the morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

And speaking of morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »

I have returned from DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, which has a wonderful cast, a beautiful set and costumes, and a lovely, if self-indulgent, score by Maury Yeston. I think cutting 2-3 numbers would improve the show enormously and pick up the pace of Act Two. Put them on the cast recording as Appendices, but prune. That's my advice.

I like the cast a lot. Rebecca Luker has a wonderful scene with Death in Act Two and a song about her dead son Roberto that had me weeping, and my friend Simon is excellent as the old doctor. I didn't get to see Don Stephenson after the show, but it was nice to see Jill Paice, who's the beautiful reason for a holiday by Death. She looks fantastic in those 20's gowns and sounds like an angel. I also saw Glory Crampton, who's standing by for Rebecca Luker, and she looked fantastic.

The whole cast sings very well, and the score is very well performed.  The very bizarre Max von Essen, whom i once considered a friend and since 2001 simply consider weird, was good in a role that I thought suited him very aptly, and I was knocked over by how wonderful Julian Ovenden is in the title role; he's a handsome man with a good physique that will have our DR MBarnum stalking geriatric centers for him in around 40 years.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »

Now I am craving avocados and ice cream!

How about Avocado Ice Cream?

*Avocado milkshakes are one of my favorites.

Had a salad in Chile once that was fresh avocado and lemon-soaked celery next to dishes of both avocado ice cream and celery ice cream. I didn't inquire about the calorie count.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »

*OH!

The second half of tomorrow night's rehearsal will consist of a Wandelprobe. -We usually do Wandelprobes at Arena Stage instead of Sitzprobes when the show is in the Fichlander, the "in the round" theater. I'm looking forward to hearing the voices and orchestra together.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »

Thanks, Elmore, for the notes on "Death." I would love to see it. Any chance of a transfer if the right work is done and the critics approve?
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »

I have returned from DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY, which has a wonderful cast, a beautiful set and costumes, and a lovely, if self-indulgent, score by Maury Yeston. I think cutting 2-3 numbers would improve the show enormously and pick up the pace of Act Two. Put them on the cast recording as Appendices, but prune. That's my advice.

I like the cast a lot. Rebecca Luker has a wonderful scene with Death in Act Two and a song about her dead son Roberto that had me weeping, and my friend Simon is excellent as the old doctor. I didn't get to see Don Stephenson after the show, but it was nice to see Jill Paice, who's the beautiful reason for a holiday by Death. She looks fantastic in those 20's gowns and sounds like an angel. I also saw Glory Crampton, who's standing by for Rebecca Luker, and she looked fantastic.

The whole cast sings very well, and the score is very well performed.  The very bizarre Max von Essen, whom i once considered a friend and since 2001 simply consider weird, was good in a role that I thought suited him very aptly, and I was knocked over by how wonderful Julian Ovenden is in the title role; he's a handsome man with a good physique that will have our DR MBarnum stalking geriatric centers for him in around 40 years.

Jill is surrounded by a nice trio of Theatre Hunks: Julian Ovenden, Max von Essen and Matt Cavenaugh.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »

Thanks, Elmore, for the notes on "Death." I would love to see it. Any chance of a transfer if the right work is done and the critics approve?

DR JohnG - If it helps(?), Death Takes A Holiday is currently scheduled to run through September 4.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:40:42 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »

DR elmore - Is the opening number still sort of Ionesco-ish? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »

Oh...

That's right...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up