Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS VERY LONG WEEKEND  (Read 22289 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS VERY LONG WEEKEND
« on: May 28, 2004, 12:01:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've sung the notes, you've hit the notes both high and low, and now you are ready to post up a storm for the whole gloriously glorious very long weekend.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 12:01:03 AM by bk »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:THE GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS VERY LONG WEEKEND
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 12:05:22 AM »

Have I ever gotten first post?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:06:50 AM »

I think this is a first.  Congrats to our very own Swedish Chef.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 12:10:08 AM »

Yay!

And happy birthday, Dear Reader Arnold M. Brockman who has been with us quite some time. I will drink a Cherry Coke in your honor.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 12:10:51 AM »

A very happy Birthday to Arnold.
Back later with TOTD.
Colin has been watching the Streisand "Timeless" DVD.  It will be something else later.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 12:27:46 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARNOLD M. BROCKMAN WHO HAS BEEN WITH US FOR QUITE SOME TIME!

Panni

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 12:31:43 AM »

I was reading at the table just now and there was a box of cereal next to me. So without actually realizing what I was doing, I ate what seems like half a box of dry cereal while I was engrossed in my reading. Yuchhh. I may just vomit on the floor.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 12:33:40 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR READER ARNOLD M. BROCKMAN!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:34:31 AM »

A very happy Birthday to Arnold.
Back later with TOTD.
Colin has been watching the Streisand "Timeless" DVD.  It will be something else later.
Meaning Colin will be watching something else later, or Streisand will be something else later?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 12:42:07 AM »

CD - Maria Callas - d'Art et d'Amour (a lovely surprise gift)
VCR - Sex and the Single Mom (...It's a long story)
DVD - still broken

Goodnight!

Jed

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »

CDs, DVDs, and videos all in boxes.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 01:02:28 AM »

Nothing in CD, DVD, or Video.  I had a seven-hour production draft meeting (all good for me, but a lot of just grunt work).I'll be spending most of my memorial day dealing with my script ( or actually reinstating bits from earlier drafts).  I will require a few hours respite at the Book Fair, BK.  Expect me there Saturday, if you wish to rendezvous for a bite of lunch or just a mutual sleuthing of the stacks.

Reading in small snatches WHAT...AND QUIT SHOW BIZ? by pal Richard Vath, who directed me through the greater part of my dinner theatre career.  Dick's one of the last great raconteurs and has worked with the world.  His book recounts his myriad experiences with the sublime and the ridiculous in show biz.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 01:07:02 AM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 01:08:15 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  Join us - what's currently in YOUR DVD and CD players?  Don't keep it a secret, for heaven's sake.

Does anyone still wear          a hat?

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 01:46:07 AM »

Cd player: Mack & Mabel. The Howard  McGillan/Caroline O'Connor version.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 01:58:10 AM »

Currently listening to Michelle Nicastro singing "Waiting for Life to Begin" on her "On my Own" album, to be followed by an album of Ladino (Judeo-Spanish) music by Dorit Reuveni (my, but aren't we being eclectic at this #$@#ing early hour of the morning?!)

Many happy returns of the day, Arnold Brockman! (although how can you return a day? Who would you return it to? Could you get a refund, or would you just get a new day? Why would you want to return the same day more than once, particularly if it's your birthday?) Okay, enough of that nonsense... Happy Birthday, Arnold!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 02:27:50 AM »

Good Morning!

Well...  I went to bed... Got up about an hour later... Felt rested, not restless... Then went back to bed... Got back up... Felt rested, not restless... And now I'm here...  So, I'm hoping that after I post, I'll go back to bed... And, hopefully, this time I will sleep more than an hour and a half.  -Is it a full moon?  ???  Maybe it's the cicadas. ;)

Topic of the Day: Nothing for me this week.  Lots of stuff on standby, however.  -And I'm actually starting to plan my viewing (DVDs) for after the show closes.  So... If we go back to the "Snow White" release from two (three?) years ago... ah, well...  Needless to say, I have plenty to catch up on and keep me occupied.

Oh, and I realized, Dear BK, that you never answered my questions from Ask BK Day (I think we both posted around the same time, so...):

What exactly about the "horrid sandwich" made it so horrid?  The taste?  The lack of taste?  The combination of tastes?  The lack of bacon?  Would bacon have made it better?  Did it taste like the it was "off", spoiling?  Etc..  -If at this point and time you choose to wipe that gustatory (is that even the right word?) memory from your mind, then you may elect to make this question rhetorical.

And - Are you are a tea drinker?  Hot, iced, Lipton, Green, herbal, Early Grey, Roobios, sweet, unsweet, etc.

OK - I feel my eyelids getting heavy... again...

Good Morning!  Good Night!

*Oh, and Steve will be coming up today to see EDEN - and so we can celebrate his birthday a few days late.  Something tells me we'll be heading to the Carlyle Grand Cafe for their Flourless Chocolate Waffle.. Hmmm...  (AND I have a coupon!!!!)  ;D

And speaking of birthdays...

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR ARNOLD M. BROCKMAN!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Emily

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 04:11:35 AM »

Happy Birthday Arnold!!!

:D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ben

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 05:40:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Arnold M. Brockman, who has been with us for quite some time (according to BK).

I am listening to AccuRadio Broadway Channel and what are they playing, you ask? Well, I'll tell you what they are playing. Why should I keep this news from you? You are not an enemy combatant. You are not bad people. You are just you, reading a board in the middle of cyber space. So, back to what they are playing. They are playing the overture from Little Me, the new 1999 Broadway Cast Recording (that's how it's noted on the Web site) which was produced by our very own BK.

Again, Happy Birthday to Mr. Brockman pere. Perhaps his esteemed son, CB will join the festivities today in honor of his father's longevity.

I am too verbose for my own good.

Goodbye.

Tomovoz

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 05:46:32 AM »

DVD check. Just finished watching "Don't Look Now" Still like the atmosphere created by the shots of Venice. 30 years + since I saw the film last.
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 05:48:09 AM »

I was reading at the table just now and there was a box of cereal next to me. So without actually realizing what I was doing, I ate what seems like half a box of dry cereal while I was engrossed in my reading. Yuchhh. I may just vomit on the floor.

What kind of cereal?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 05:50:18 AM »

And now, on AccuRadio Broadway they are playing the overture from The King and I, the new 1996 Broadway Revival, also produced by Mr. BK. It's a BK day on AccuRadio!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 05:50:48 AM »

HBAB.

In the CD Player is The Boy From Oz (from yesterday p.m. - dinner preparation music).

Ben, you can never be too verbose. Better verbose than pithy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 05:50:55 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR ARNOLD M. BROCKMAN[/move]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 05:51:13 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 06:14:37 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Arnold
Brockman!

Jason

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 06:27:30 AM »

Joyeaux anniversaire a vous...
Joyeaux anniversaire a vous...
Joyeaux anniversaire cher Arnold!
Joyeaux anniversaire a vous!
(Et beaucoup plus...)

Mornin', y'all... BOY, I did not want to get up this morning. Lucky for me, I don't have to go see GYPSY tonight like I thought I did, so I can go home and nap. We're closing the office at 3 today, so that's fine by me, and we're close on Monday, of course. I think tonight, after my nap, I'll try to venture out and see "The Day After Tomorrow" if I can get a ticket in this stinking town. I tried for days to get a ticket to "Van Helsing" (not worth the days of trying, btw) and I'm sure it will be equally hard to get a ticket for this one this weekend. Oh, well...I'll try.

TOTD:
CD: Pete 'N' Keely, Train "My Private Nation," Matchbox Twenty "More Than You Think You Are," BOMBAY DREAMS (Shakalaka Baby!)

DVD: I don't remember. I think "9 to 5"

VHS: Still broken.

Tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
and yawn and stretch and try to come to life...
Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin'
Out on the street the traffic starts jumpin'
and folks like me on the job from nine to five.

(Everybody!)

Workin' nine to five...
What a way to make a livin'
Barely gettin' by...
It's all takin' and no givin'...

[insert evil grin here]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 06:31:38 AM by Jason »

BEEKAY

• I guess we aren't in Kansas anymore!
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 06:39:12 AM »

I know I am new to this site, but I wish to add my hearty best wishes to DRArnold. Dido in the CD. Nothing in the DVD as yet
Friend of Dorothy and all that stuff!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »

BK - Remember the Chicago Censor Board (no longer active) also condemmed THE MOON IS BLUE, MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM and SUSAN SLEPT HERE.

DVD - In addition to the four new Disney Treasures I just watched CHAINED FOR LIFE starring the real Daisy and Violet Hilton.  They are neither as pretty nor as talented as Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner.  This is the movie that informs you that Siamese Twins cannot get marriage licenses in 27 states and asks --- but never answers --- the question "if one Siamese Twin commits murder is it fair to punish the other one as well?".

VHS - Set to record Michael Reidel's interview with Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs tonight regarding his starring on Broadway.

CD - I'd like to say "Barbara Cook's Broadway" but despite the street date of 5/25 it is somewhere in limbo between the recording studio, the warehouse and the stores.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2004, 07:01:24 AM »

Happy Birthday Arnold M. Brockman, who has been with us for quite some time!

MBarnum

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2004, 07:03:35 AM »

Will report later on my media check.

This week I ordered 12, count 'em 12 Bollywood DVD movies ranging from a scary ghost movie from 1949 up to the brand spanking new 2004 release (which I have been waiting months for because I absolutely loved the soundtrack) of LAKEER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up