Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM  (Read 16623 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »

Laura, I've been called Son of Satan by too many church people for it to mean anything.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

I've had two friends perish from ALS--a horrible, horrible disease and one that needs to be cured ASAP.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »

I've had two friends perish from ALS--a horrible, horrible disease and one that needs to be cured ASAP.
I agree. I wrote about my former co-worker, Rich Brooks, who died earlier this year. And I always think of Michael Zaslow, who was once on "Guiding Light" and they fired him because he had it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2011, 03:36:54 PM »

Laura, I've been called Son of Satan by too many church people for it to mean anything.

Years ago when I was Music Director on a cruiseline, I was being majorly hassled by a little boy who was literally coming up and pounding on the keyboard whilst his parents sat there and ate lunch, thinking it was so cute.  I finally launched into a quote from "Lullaby from 'Rosemary's Baby'", which amused me greatly.  As we were disembarking, a frail old lady came up to me and said (and this is NOT a joke):  "I haven't heard 'Rosemary's Baby' in years!!  I always preferred Claudine Longet's version to Mia Farrow's."  I was, as they say, gobsmacked.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »

I'm at my sister's house, waiting for her to get ready so that in an hour, we can meet the rest of the family at a local Chinese buffet restaurant for dinner to celebrate her boyfried boyfriend Larry's birthday.  We'll all come back to her place for dessert.  The problem is that she called me just this morning to tell me that this was happening!  I had plans for today...laundry and lots of TV watching to do.  AND his birthday isn't even until next weekend!  Why are we doing this now without any warning??

Oh, well.  It'll be fine. :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:28:20 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »

Gotta go.  Have a good day, all. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »

The paper is finished and I have sent it off. Many, many thanks to DR Elmore for his information and astute comments.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »

I agree. I wrote about my former co-worker, Rich Brooks, who died earlier this year. And I always think of Michael Zaslow, who was once on "Guiding Light" and they fired him because he had it.

Ron knew Michael since they were both on GUIDING LIGHT, so he was telling me about hw horrible his death was.

Thank you for the vibes. Last week, on my way back from the dental clinic, I was walking to the post office at 23rd and Third Avenue, I ran smack into my friend who was heading to the hospital for more tests. He told me he would call, but he hasn't yet, I'm sure he's still devastated.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:57:19 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

The paper is finished and I have sent it off. Many, many thanks to DR Elmore for his information and astute comments.

You are very welcome, sir!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »

DR Elmore - sorry to hear about your friend's ALS diagnosis.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »

DR Elmore - sorry to hear about your friend's ALS diagnosis.

Thanks, DR Ginny!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »

I've had the most delicious dinner, and now I will watch a movie. I've been thinking about LITTLE DORRIT or another Dickens novel, although EMMA amd PRIDE AND PREJUDICE are also calling me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:15:06 PM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

I've had the most delicious dinner...

Details, please.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Michael

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »

Ron knew Michael since they were both on GUIDING LIGHT, so he was telling me about hw horrible his death was.

Thank you for the vibes. Last week, on my way back from the dental clinic, I was walking to the post office at 23rd and Third Avenue, I ran smack into my friend who was heading to the hospital for more tests. He told me he would call, but he hasn't yet, I'm sure he's still devastated.

And then One Life To Live brought him back as the character he created (don't remember the name) and that character had ALS. I believe he worked on the show as long as he was able to. I believe it has been the only TV series to do that
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

The GUESTS are very interested in the NYMF Brain From Planet X today.

It's possible they are from the Montreal production I linked them to pictures from that production and also mentioned this website.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »

Found a couple of more pages on FACEBOOK:  CULT/FILM/FREAK/RADIO  & Lost Highway's B-Movie and Cult Film Reviews

See BK Facebook isn't all that bad.

Now if only people will respond to it.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »

And then One Life To Live brought him back as the character he created (don't remember the name) and that character had ALS. I believe he worked on the show as long as he was able to. I believe it has been the only TV series to do that
They did. I couldn't remember the name of the show, but that's because I watched "Guiding Light" as a kid, never "One Life ..." Sad how the mind works in those ways.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »

Details, please.

I've been watching for your details, or the end of the story.  Was your storytelling today the reason you were almost fired?

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

DR elmore I'm very sorry about your friend.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

We took a short walk on the hiking trails & then went into town for lunch.  A restaurant that suddenly stopped letting Sherlock, out of fear of being cited by the people who say dogs aren't permitted, at the outdoor tables last year let us sit there today.  At least the staff working today allowed it, who know what will happen next time. 

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

On the way home we stopped at the new pet store.  Sherlock's cousin was very happy to see him.  She recently lost her Bernese Mountain Dog companion, their 2nd dog in a year to die, & has been rather depressed.  It was nice to see her happy.

John G.

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »

Have started "Secretariat." Loving it. Memories of living in horse country and how beautiful it was. Nice to be able to take time to watch a movie.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »

Details, please.

I've been watching for your details, or the end of the story.  Was your storytelling today the reason you were almost fired?

Oh, I don't think they'd really fire me. I am just not jumping to be a "team player" to cover for someone else's lack of planning.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jane

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »

Then it isn't because of your scary story?  Not covering for someone else's mistake is more reasonable ;)

Laura

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »

Oh, no. My scary story was fine. It was fine for the service we had today.

It's not a mistake; it is a lack of planning.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

Some things -- say for example, Vacation Bible School -- need to be planned and not thrown together the day before.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »

Looks like another storm is headed our way. I hope THIS one brings us some rain.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »

Looks like another storm is headed our way. I hope THIS one brings us some rain.
It thundered here, then the clouds ran away.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »

We've had a nice dinner in the dining room that reminded us of Miami University's 1809 Room and we're now crashing for the night.  We're too tired and it's too hot for an outdoor performance of AS YOU LIKE IT.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up