Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY  (Read 9270 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »

Page five
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »

DR Jane, yes, I'm sure my friends will help me clean up.  Since it's pot luck they pretty much have to if they want their dishs back :)  They would anyway.  If I asked, they would help me set up too, but I want to do it myself.  I've been to all their homes and it's time to pay them back.  This isn't stressful for me, just a lot to do.  I've known the people coming for 5-10 years.  I'm not worried about trying to impress them, just want the house to look good, since almost all of them have never been here, and I want everyone to have fun.  The only thing that is putting a wrench in the plans is the forecast for 111 heat index that day. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »

Tonight was interesting.  One of my friends who can't make it Saturday invited me to join her, another friend who has a birthday this week, her boyfriend and the friend I was discussing before and it was her treat. She was looking forward to the 5 of us dining together.   The other "friend" who wanted to bring three people to my house, showed up after being at a wine tasting with 3 other people with her.  It was very ackward for a few minutes, then we all moved to a big table and the evening ended up ok.   Then what really floored me is I bought a card for Mark - the other birthday.  He thought it was funny so he sent it around for people to look at.  One of the people the "friend" brought, signed it and passed it on!   She was about the 4th person to get it and no one else signed it.  She probably thought it was a group card, but I thought the whole thing was pretty rude.  Of course that's the person coming to my house as the "friend"s guest on Saturday.   I asked if she got my email. she said "Well you are letting me bring ONE guest"  I said "Yes, I am". 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »

Page four?  I'd say we need to Pushkin right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »

Look what happened when I was typing page four.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »

Good Evening!

...And I think we're ready to open. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »

The friend who organized the evening asked at one point how you handle a situation like this gracefully.  She said that the other "friend" totally disrupted her evening plans but she was going to be gracious about it because it wasn't the fault of the people she brought. "Friend"  told them it was a big party, which it was never intended to be

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »

Finished making CDRs for everyone.  Alet just called and told me she screwed up on dates and now thinks she may not be able to do the show on August 3rd - very bad.  She won't know for sure until Friday but I'm protecting us right now and will find a replacement pronto.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »

Sounds great DR Jose!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »

Anyway, it just never ceases to amaze me that some people can be so rude.  When she realized that she probably shouldn't have brought the people with her she just said "Oh we've been out tasting wine, we don't care about anything"  sheeseh!

FJL

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »

I'm tired but not ready to sleep for some reason.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »

Look what happened when I was typing page four.

I came home, lol

FJL

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »

Finished making CDRs for everyone.  Alet just called and told me she screwed up on dates and now thinks she may not be able to do the show on August 3rd - very bad.  She won't know for sure until Friday but I'm protecting us right now and will find a replacement pronto.

What's the rule when that happens - do you do the gig you committed to first, or do you take the gig that's better for you?

FJL

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2011, 09:31:49 PM »

Great to hear that, Jose.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

When I got home I put a rub on both of the pork butts.   Tee hee, I just had to type that. Anyway, they are in the fridge.  I wraped them tightly then read I should have wrapped them loosely, but oh well, they'll be all right.   Tomorrow I'll get up early and get them started in the roaster oven.  It won't heat the house up as much as the big oven does.    I wish I had a table for it.  I'm going to just set it on the stove when I go to work, but then I can't use the stove all day....hmmmm...may have to rethink this. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »

I'm not going to tell my brother I decided not to use his recipe.  It's just a little too bland...but I won't say that to him

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »

I "Liked" the link to the Kickstarter campaign and linked to the interview with BK that TCB posted.  Don't know if it will help, but at least I tried

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

And, as has been the tradition, even though there was a block of rehearsal on the schedule for tomorrow, there will be no rehearsal. So, instead of playing rehearsal tomorrow, I will be doing laundry, getting my haircut, cleaning up, etc. -Which usually seems to be my tradition on opening nights. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Well... I just hope that that friend doesn't come from another wine tasting before your party. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »

She'll be OK.  By the time the evening was over tonight, I think she actually got it that she shouldn't have done that.  Not that it will stop her in the future, but she apologized - she also said we looked at them like they were aliens when they came in, lol.   We did all have a good time tonight after the initial ackward moment trying to figure out how we were going to deal with it.   I'm glad I  said something about my party, but  I think I was more put off at the audacity of bringing a group to a small dinner gathering than I would have been to my party which is larger and was described in the invitations as casual.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »

DR Jose, I'm really enjoying reading your posts about the show.   It's fun to vicariously enjoy your excitement and what I'm sure will be a wonderful experience for you.  Break a leg to the entire company and can't wait to hear all about opening night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

Time for me to get my butt to bed so I can cook butt in the morning, tee hee again, sometimes I enjoy jr high humor

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »

Oh yeah, I have to work tomorrow too.  Details, details, details......

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »

I "Liked" the link to the Kickstarter campaign and linked to the interview with BK that TCB posted.  Don't know if it will help, but at least I tried

I did too...and re-shared the link. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »

Well...

I'm sleepy.

So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:28 PM »

I'm sleepy, too, but no goodnights just yet.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »

Not enough hours in the day.

I'm sleepy also.

:)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up