News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSH  (Read 9299 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: MUSH
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »

My friend is not a doctor (nor has he ever played one on TV), however he does know a great deal about medicine.  He is the chief embalmer for the State of Washington.

Intriguing.  I'm glad he let you know which kind of doctor you need.  While I hope this is not the case with your miracle doctor, neurosurgeons are not know for their bedside manner.

You might call Monday morning with a friendly reminder & request for any cancellation slots.

Did you get to work today?

No, i had a "problem" last ngiht that I did not want to repeat again at work.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »

My friend is not a doctor (nor has he ever played one on TV), however he does know a great deal about medicine.  He is the chief embalmer for the State of Washington.

Intriguing.  I'm glad he let you know which kind of doctor you need.  While I hope this is not the case with your miracle doctor, neurosurgeons are not know for their bedside manner.

You might call Monday morning with a friendly reminder & request for any cancellation slots.

I'm sorry to hear that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:38 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.

Believe me, so was I.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »

I didn't have a great night either. Blood sugar crashed. Scary.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »

Watching Des McAnuff's version of "Cousin Bette" tonight. Never saw it, though I saw the Margaret Tyzack version. And music arranged and orchestrated by Danny Troob. That name just keeps coming back this week.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »

~~~Vibes for Both TCB and John G.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »

~~~Vibes for Both TCB and John G.!!~~~
Thank you, George.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »

Watching Des McAnuff's version of "Cousin Bette" tonight. Never saw it, though I saw the Margaret Tyzack version. And music arranged and orchestrated by Danny Troob. That name just keeps coming back this week.

The film of "Cousin Bette" is terrible! And Danny Troob knows nothng about orchestration in the 1860s Parisian theatre. That last song in the film might be fine on Broadway last week, but it has nothing to do with the time in which it occurs. It appears McAnuff has tried to combine Balzac with Zola's NANA for the music hall star. That film's about as faithful to Balzac as John F Kennedy was to Jackie. The fantastic BBC version with the formidable and wonderful Margaret Tyzack changes one thing from Balzac's novel: the ending, and I prefer it to the book because it gives the character one more kick before she dies.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:04:11 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to all in need! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »

Time to go home.

Until later. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »

That is.  You need a dog that will wake you before you crash.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »

I had a delightful time discussing Sarah Blake's The Postmistress with my book group friends tonight.  Emilie was our hostess and she had fresh fruit and assorted Graeter's ice creams and sorbets for refreshments.  The raspberry sorbet is fabulous with fresh blueberries on top - and heart-healthy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »

What did you think of the book DR Ginny.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

What did you think of the book DR Ginny.

I liked it a lot, as did my friends Sharon and Tamara.  Betty and Nita didn't care much for it and Katie and Marianne hadn't finished it.  Katie might, based on our discussion, but Marianne decided not.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »

The film of "Cousin Bette" is terrible! And Danny Troob knows nothng about orchestration in the 1860s Parisian theatre. That last song in the film might be fine on Broadway last week, but it has nothing to do with the time in which it occurs. It appears McAnuff has tried to combine Balzac with Zola's NANA for the music hall star. That film's about as faithful to Balzac as John F Kennedy was to Jackie. The fantastic BBC version with the formidable and wonderful Margaret Tyzack changes one thing from Balzac's novel: the ending, and I prefer it to the book because it gives the character one more kick before she dies.
It is a movie with a great cast and absolutely nothing else going for it. I can't believe how bad it is, and the music does sound way too modern, though McAnuff might have wanted it that way in the way that the makers of "It's Delovely" decided to destroy all beauty from Cole Porter's music.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »

I wasn't at home when it happened. I had to run into a supermarket and grab already cut fresh fruit and stuff it down me then wait in the car for the shaking to stop.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

DR John G - that's really scary and I'm glad you're OK!  Is there anything you can carry with you to address the problem?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »

It is a movie with a great cast and absolutely nothing else going for it. I can't believe how bad it is, and the music does sound way too modern, though McAnuff might have wanted it that way in the way that the makers of "It's Delovely" decided to destroy all beauty from Cole Porter's music.

Well, Mxanuff's last revival of GUYS & DOLLS was sure out of line. Another moron in a power position.

I cannot sleep. It's too darn hot.

The good news is that my dermatologist called; the biopsy was okay.

Laura

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2011, 08:47:56 PM »

That's good news, Elmore.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »

I wasn't at home when it happened. I had to run into a supermarket and grab already cut fresh fruit and stuff it down me then wait in the car for the shaking to stop.

Carry some peppermint candy drops with you. I have peppermint and butterscotch.

John G.

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »

DR John G - that's really scary and I'm glad you're OK!  Is there anything you can carry with you to address the problem?
Yes. I will now carry a packet in my pocket. It's kinda like Pixie Stix for diabetics.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »

Great news, Elmore.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »

Good Evening!

It's HOT! And HUMID! And HOT!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »

...But I guess you already knew that. Moving on.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »

Another Thursday, another show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?