Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAD AND FOOT  (Read 15840 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HEAD AND FOOT
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2004, 05:05:43 PM »

DR SANDRA - I am jealous!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2004, 05:27:18 PM »

Yes, Jrand, coming from Criterion in a couple of months.  VERY exciting indeed.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2004, 05:35:07 PM »

I have returned from the County of Orange, where I took the Dear Mother for a delightful al fresco brunch at a restaurant adjacent to the charming train station in picturesque San Juan Capistrano, the town to which the swallows return each year on my birthday.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2004, 05:37:28 PM »

Thanks BK, I thought you said as much!  Tornadoes here.....Auntie Em, Auntie Em!!!

Danise

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2004, 05:38:49 PM »

We started the day with a baby dragon (ie lizard) in the house!  I chased him/her around for over an hour before I caught him/her and left him/her safely out the door.

You have to be very careful in how you catch them because they will drop their tail and I didn't want him/her to waste the only defense he/she has on me.

In case you don't know, they will detach their tail and it will wiggle and jump around, drawing attention to it so whatever is trying to catch the poor little things will go after the tail while they slip away.  

They can grow their tail back but it takes a long, long time.  They don't have any defense in the mean time.

Busy day today.  I will tell you that I am typing this without using my glasses because I have a NEW flat panel monitor!  I've wanted one for the longest time and since I had the money left over from the trip, I thought, why not get one?  There were plenty of sales for them.

It's a Xerox 17" but it seems a lot bigger.  I made sure I got one with the black frame which adds to the illusion.

It seems much better/clearer for my eyes.   As I said, I am typing this without using my reading glasses.    Yay!  :)

I also got a charcoal grill which I will assemble tomorrow morning.  We're going to have dirty potatoes (right down in the charcoal), corn on the cob and a nice thick sirloin steak.  I also bought a bag of marshmallows.   Gotta have marshmallows to toast over the coals.  

To continue my NYC story.  Spent the day on Monday getting my bearings.  I have to admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by all the people, traffic, buildings, etc.  I did walk down to Macys and bought some jewelry for Mom and myself as a remembrance of the trip.

I guess being from Florida and being near the Mouse, I’m just not into “I love NY” mugs or little Empire State Building statues or such.  Dust collectors are what I call them. I like a rock and something for my jewelry box.

I should explain about the rock.  For years when anyone else would go on vacation, people would say, bring me this or bring me that.  I always asked for a rock from where ever they went.  I figured it didn’t cost anything and would mean as much to me as anything (mug, t-shirt, etc) would.  I have rocks from all over the world.  Now it was my turn to add to the collection.  

I remembered to get a rock in SLC city but NYC proved to be a bit of a challenge. But that’s another story.

You know that I had dinner that night with Elmore.  Got to see the table that Bruce always sits at.  We couldn’t sit there because someone already had it.  I could kick myself because I had taken my digital camera with us to the restaurant but we were having such a nice chat I forgot all about it!  Sigh, such is life.  

One thing to add, Elmore said something that was repeated to me (or a variant there of) many times by other people .  He said he thought I was brave to come to the city all by myself.  

That very night after we had parted company and I went to the Toys R Us store to ride the Ferris wheel, when I gave the guy my ticket to get on the ride said, “Only one?  Your by yourself?”  I said, “Yes.”

He was very nice and waved to me every time I passed by him.  When the ride was over he asked if I had enjoyed it and I told him I had.

Tuesday I took the downtown tour bus and saw a good deal of the city.  I got off at the Empire State Building and spent what seemed like forever waiting in line to get in the building, then forever getting the ticket, then forever going thru security, forever for the sky ride (fun but I hadn’t had my meds yet nor had I eaten anything so it made me a little sick), forever waiting for the elevator to go up, (have you gotten the picture by now?  Humm?).  Anyway, I finely made up to the observation deck where I had the brilliant idea that I would call home and ask if Mom knew where I was calling from.  I pulled the cell phone out but couldn’t get a signal!  Now you would think that there on the top of one the highest buildings in NYC there would be good reception, wouldn’t you?  Then I noticed that others were having the same idea/problem.  No one could get a signal!

So much for my bright idea of calling home.

When I got back down from the clouds, I found I had missed a call on my new phone.  Now with the new phone, I do have voice mail but I had no idea as to how to use it!  I was afraid it was my Mother calling with a problem.  I had to get back on the tour bus and wait until I could find a nice quiet place to get off.  

I found a nice quiet little park in the Village and was able to access the voice mail.  It was from a lady named Stephanie who I had made plans to see “Boy From Oz” with on Thursday.  She was just checking in with me which was fine with me.

I got back on the bus and went to Battery Park.  Walked around a little and got back on another bus to take me back up town.  I wanted to go see a play that night and needed to make it back in time to go to the Ticket Booth in Times Square.  I could have gotten off a couple of other places or gone over to see the Statue of Liberty but opted not to since they said you couldn’t go into the Statue.  I’ve seen to many pictures of the outside to worry about going just to look up at it.

I made it back in time to get my ticket for “Wonderful Town”.  I chose that play because I sorta kinda “know” Raymond Mcleod.  Not really but in passing.   I posted on his board a few times.

I’ll stop now and pick this up later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2004, 05:48:58 PM »

I'm starving.  I shall be eating, though, very soon - in about fifteen or twenty minutes.

And have I mentioned that I abhor rudeness?

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2004, 05:49:14 PM »

Oh I want roasted marshmellows. That sounds so good.

Btw, DR Emily: I meant to mention this. If you want the new BOUNCE cd (red cover). They have about 3 at the downtown HMV.

I was shocked. And only 19.99$ Cdn.

I cannot wait to listen to it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 05:50:21 PM by Jennifer »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2004, 05:50:02 PM »

I am horrified ...  I am agog... it is like a train wreck, it is like an Ed Wood movie....it is Jeanne Bice and Quacker Factory on Home Shopping Network.  Make it go away.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2004, 05:53:59 PM »

Charles, Keith and I  are very sorry about Cully and know how painful this is for you.  

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

It's only 9 o'clock and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2004, 05:55:34 PM »

There's our Jane.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2004, 05:55:47 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Danise

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2004, 05:59:20 PM »

DR Penny, I hope you have a wonderful time in NYC!  

Did I miss where chat was mentioned?  I do hope it is tonight!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2004, 05:59:23 PM »

Now to catch up on what I missed yesterday:

Elmore I was a sensitive child-Froggy gave me nightmares.

Charles Pogue, I agree that WOMEN IN LOVE was great.  

Danise, congrats on the compliment. :D

JRand, I think the job I wanted most was Ozzie Nelson’s. ;)

Danise

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2004, 06:03:11 PM »

Spoo, chat is tomorrow night.  Ahh well, I will be hitting the hay early because of going back to work.  I know how tired I'm going to be.

I'm not so sure about THAT compliment, Jane.  It may have been for one of the dogs.  One never knows!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2004, 06:03:58 PM »

Tonight I shall be watching Whistle Down the Wind starring Miss Hayley Mills, one of the finest child actresses ever.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2004, 06:04:04 PM »

DR Danise: I cannot believe that you were able to lose weight in NYC. :)

(I was also amazed when you said how little you weighed - my gosh you must be short or VERY skinny).

Btw, I'm enjoying reading about your trips.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 06:05:21 PM by Jennifer »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2004, 06:05:20 PM »

Me too, DRJANE....and right now I have it!

GREAT stories DRDANISE..... Chat is tomorrow night.

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2004, 06:06:55 PM »

I'm clearly too tired to spell correctly. :(

I cannot believe that Juliana only has one more show. Was that today?

Is there something that will be happening for the last show?  Will the journals simply stop? Please tell.

Jason

« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2004, 06:07:26 PM »

Something is going on with my computer. Some images and words are showing up FAR larger than they usually do, and others are appearing normally. For example, I'm looking at the links to the HHW Community Forum/Haines His Way/Daily Discussions, etc., and they are at about a 20 pt. font size right now, while all of your posts are at their normal sizes. Playbill.com isn't doing that... I don't know what the problem is. Oh, well...

Nothing going on here today. I slept in really late and my abs hurt a little. That's a good thing. I'll probably hit the gym again tonight at around 1:00...that seemed like a good time last night to be by myself. It still hasn't registered with me that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. How loverly!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2004, 06:10:35 PM »

Thanks, Jennifer.  It was all the walking.  I didn't go near the subways and except for the one bus ride, I walked everywhere.  

One of the reasons I fought for the tub.  Some nights when I'd get back to the hotel, I had to soak for at least a half hour or I wouldn't have been able to move the rest of the night.

I must say  you all would have been most proud of me.  I got up at 6:30 AM every day, went out and about until about 3:00 PM, came back to the hotel, took my soak, then my shower and slept for about a half hour before getting back up, dressing and going out to dinner then a show.

I didn't get in until about 10:30/11:00 each night.  By Friday I was burning inside with tiredness.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2004, 06:14:08 PM »

TRANSPOTTING, an interesting movie. We also enjoyed it.

Peter Seller’s favorites, hmm, THE PARTY, BEING THERE, and I don’t recall which of the PINK PANTHER movies are my favorites, possibly the first two.  I mustn’t forget THE MOUSE THAT ROARED.

Robin we also went to the matinee of DAY AFTER TOMORROW.  SADDIST MUSIC IN THE WORLD isn’t here yet.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2004, 06:35:03 PM »

Rich people will nickel and dime you to death!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 06:35:25 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2004, 06:35:17 PM »

okay. would someone tell this poor soul how to post the Bookworm scores?   I just scored 12560 points AND I couldn't do a "save image" for the life of me :(

i'm enjoying the trip to nyc stories immensely.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2004, 06:35:55 PM »

Rich people will nickel and dime you to death!

Why. RLP!  YOU'RE a modern!  Thoroughly!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Robin

« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2004, 06:36:46 PM »

Tonight I shall be watching Whistle Down the Wind starring Miss Hayley Mills, one of the finest child actresses ever.

Of course, you could always go for a double-dose of Miss Hayley Mills and Miss Hayley Mills in The Parent Trap, but I have a literate source that tells me you've already seen it.  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 06:37:11 PM by Robin »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2004, 06:38:04 PM »

TD, you hit the "Print Screen" button. It's between your backspace button and the number pad dealie. That will copy everything on your screen. You paste that in a Paint thing.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Robin

« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

Robin we also went to the matinee of DAY AFTER TOMORROW.

I've got one question about this:

When did Hollywood forget how to make a disaster movie?  

Oh, sure, the movie was an FX bonanza, but when I see a disaster movie, I wanna see lotsa A-list and B-list actors and actresses get death scenes, darn it!  

The Posiedon Adventure killed all but five or six people.  Now, that's a disaster movie!  The Towering Inferno, Earthquake!, The Swarm....say what you will, but I miss Irwin Allen!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2004, 06:44:18 PM »

Sometimes I just wish I were Frank Rich:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/30/arts/30RICH.html
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Robin

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2004, 06:45:57 PM »

My highest Bookworm score was around 230,000 points or so...I'm beginning to think that's the best I'll ever do.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up