Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME MADAM  (Read 10883 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: CALL ME MADAM
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »

Good Evening!

I am a Tropical Depression.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »

PAGE SIX

!!!!!!
DANCE
!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »

*I seem to start a lot of Page Sixes here on this site.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »

DR KevinH - Thanks for coming to see the show today! -And I'm glad we got to chat briefly afterwards!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »

bk - So... What if Irene had "fulfilled" the models and predictions and clobbered New York City? -It's weather. It will do what it does, and just have to be thankful that this time, it did not do what it was supposed(?) to do.

*There are some parts of Lower Manhattan that are still under water. Flooded streets, flooded basements. And the reports from Long Island are not exactly "light". Thankfully, the death toll is on the very low sides of things.

For NYC, most of the forecasted damage from the floods was structural. There was never a forecast for "mass destruction and numerous deaths". The evacuations were part of a larger plan to not only sure the safety of everyone, but to make the initial stages of clean up easier to manage. The public transit system was shut down so that the efforts to get it back up and running after the storm would not be hampered by train cars and busses stranded on the roads and tracks.

I'm guessing, unfortunately, that DR vixmom is dealing with another flooded basement. Hopefully, the whole vix family is all right. However, I'm sure they are greatly inconvenienced right now in terms on money, quality of life and mental and physical stress.

Yes, the newscasters are still trying to make something out of Irene. In a way they are still building things up. In other ways, they are not.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

~~~~~VIBES TO DR JANE'S FRIEND IN THE HUDSON VALLEY~~~~~

*I've read a few reports of some family farms that were totally washed out by the heavy rains. The farmers themselves are fine, but some of them have lost their whole life's work, literally washed away.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »

Happy belated birthday to DRs Jose and JRand.

For some reason I had not read Friday's posts!

Hope you both had great birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks You, DR Jennifer.

*You don't read the posts?!?!??! ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:01 PM »

DR TCB - Great Picture!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »

I wonder if in the assessment of the earthquake and the hurricane on the East Coast, too much weight is being given to the posters on All That Chat.

OY! and VEY!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »

Water in NYC is high enough to strand cars:

Oh?  Where in NY?

I believe that's - wait for it - on Water Street.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »

In other news...

Between shows today, a friend of Molly Smith, the Artistic Director of Arena Stage, cooked dinner for the company. It was quite a spread: Grilled Chicken Breasts with a light sauce/gravy, Succotash (made with fresh corn and lima beans), Marinated Artichoke Salad, Quinoa, and a Tomato and Watermelon Salad.  Not only was it delicious, but it was also very healthy! -Oh, and there were brownies and Rice Krispy Treats for dessert. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »

And...

In the audience at tonight's show were my sister-in-law; my niece, Alyssa; my nephew, John Michael... And Claudia, John's girlfriend(!?!?).

I actually think it's the first show of mine that John and Alyssa have seen. They had a great time. They visited the "schoolhouse" during intermission, and the trombone player talked with John since John has been playing trombone for about two years now. After the show, I took them around the walk-around, and one of the stagehands even gave Alyssa a ride in the surrey!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »

And...

Since I booked myself on a 6:30am bus...

I just hope that getting through the Lincoln Tunnel won't be too much a nightmare come 10:30am.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »

bk - So... What if Irene had "fulfilled" the models and predictions and clobbered New York City? -It's weather. It will do what it does, and just have to be thankful that this time, it did not do what it was supposed(?) to do.

*There are some parts of Lower Manhattan that are still under water. Flooded streets, flooded basements. And the reports from Long Island are not exactly "light". Thankfully, the death toll is on the very low sides of things.

For NYC, most of the forecasted damage from the floods was structural. There was never a forecast for "mass destruction and numerous deaths". The evacuations were part of a larger plan to not only sure the safety of everyone, but to make the initial stages of clean up easier to manage. The public transit system was shut down so that the efforts to get it back up and running after the storm would not be hampered by train cars and busses stranded on the roads and tracks.

I'm guessing, unfortunately, that DR vixmom is dealing with another flooded basement. Hopefully, the whole vix family is all right. However, I'm sure they are greatly inconvenienced right now in terms on money, quality of life and mental and physical stress.

Yes, the newscasters are still trying to make something out of Irene. In a way they are still building things up. In other ways, they are not.

My comments are strictly about the media - no one wanted mass destruction and yes, everyone is thankful it was as light as it was.  I hate the drama-mongering media with a passion.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »

The legendary surf guitarist Dick Dale was truly awesome tonight.    So glad I went.   ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

8) 8) HAPPY VERY LATE BIRTHDAY TO DEAR JRAND  8) 8)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »

:) :) HAPPY VERY LATE BIRTHDAY TO DEAR JOSE  :) :)

Sam

« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

Sometimes it takes me a few days to ketchup.   :-[ :-[

Being errant and truant does not help either.  :-X

Sam

« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »

Night everyone, sweet dreams. 

I'm very tired.  ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »

Saw "Midnight in Paris" this afternoon. Truly charming.

FYI...the movie soundtrack is not available in the US.  I had to buy it for the library and it's only available as import from England.  What's that all about? :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »

Thanks to all for the vibes for my sister.....and of course I send vibes to DR DRUXY for kitty Annie.

News at my house is that parakeet Abby was found deceased this morning on the bottom of her cage.....no apparent cause of demise.....  She tried to get under the paper towels on the bottom of her cage and hide herself in her last minutes, I surmise.  She was covered as usual....and was fine all day yesterday.

And now she is a little brass box out in the Pet Semetary with many other animals.

JRand, I'm sorry about the loss of your parakeet Abby. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:02 PM »

I have a facebook friend in Hudson Valley, NY who could use some major vibes. Irene hit hard in her area causing major flooding.  She has been desperately asking for a pump sump before the water reaches her electric & first floor.  Photos show trees on her house. 

~~~Major Vibes for DR Jane's Facebook Friend in Hudson Valley, NY!!~~~

George

« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »

Today, my sister, her boyfriend, my niece and I went to Seattle for a basketball game.  The Seattle Storm (how appropriate with the hurricane and all) won...by one point!  Talk about another close game.

George

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »

When I downloaded my ebook from the library I had 3 options for the number of days I wanted to keep the book.  Since there doesn't seem to be a renewal option I chose the most days offered.  Had I known the first night I would read all but 20 pages I would have gone with a two day check out.  Now I want to "return" the book for the next person on the queue to read it.  It seems there isn't a "return" option.  No wonder it takes so long for the ebooks to become available.

The librarian said the state set it up this way.  She will call tomorrow & find out if there is a way to remove the book early.

I'm curious how this works in other states.

That's the way our library system works, too.  Once a talking or e-book checked out, it's checked out for the full three weeks and it can't be checked in.  The only thing that can happen (from what I understand) is that if you've put in a request for the title and you get notified that it's now available, but you don't actually check it out, you can choose to not take it and it'll go to the next person.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up