Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: LA 2017  (Read 10501 times)

Laura

Re: LA 2017
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »

Thanks, FJL. I probably could, but I am doing just one photo a day with this. The other stuff is on Flicker.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »

Hugs.

Not much else to say.

Sweet dreams, goodnight everyone.

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:50 PM »

I actually love the song I'm All I Need.

As do I.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »

I think we understand the sentiment, Pogue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »

And we're definitely doing the Nudie soundtrack as a standalone CD - it's about time, I think - it will have the soundtrack, a couple of things that have never been on CD before and Grant's arrangements used on the documentary.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »

And we're definitely doing the Nudie soundtrack as a standalone CD - it's about time, I think - it will have the soundtrack, a couple of things that have never been on CD before and Grant's arrangements used on the documentary.

Hoo and Ray!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

Like the boss vibes for DR GEORGE

Thanks, Jack!  There still hasn't been an "official" e-mail announcement, so we don't know when she'll start.  She did seem like a very nice person.

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »

Since JMK has decreed I am shameless, let me live up to my moniker and say that I have spent a rather deliriously delirious evening watching the Nudie Musical Blu and Ray check disc.  First off, the image looks absolutely amazing on my TV, so that made me very happy as every TV is different.  It looked great over at the authoring place, but even better on my TV.  Of course, if those who've had their TVs "professionally" calibrated by these people who seem to think films should have no color and be yellow view it then I have no idea how it will look.  But I now know that the color on MY TV (which is how it came out of the box) is perfect.  The disc looks exactly like it did at the lab and the authoring place.  I really went for the old saturated color look which is what all of us wanted - the theatrical prints never got it right - they were timed by the producer without my involvement, or the involvement of my co-director and the cameraman.  The color on this transfer is what it looked like when we were shooting - the sets of the film within a film stuff were purposely designed to be VERY colorful and garish and now they are. 

I went for a slightly stylized look for the beginning of The Lights and the Smiles - it's VERY golden/yellow as it's supposed to look like she's stepped out into bright sunshine so that the contrast of cutting from that to night in Hollywood would be extreme - and now it is.  The timing on the DVD is closer to the theatrical prints but I like this stylized look much better.

When watching the documentary, which has quite a few clips from the DVD, you can see just how much better the color is on the Blu and Ray - the color is so wonderful to have and you see it instantly right from the Paramount logo.  The main title drawings are unbelievably sharp.  And from my viewing distance the grain is very natural and not overt save for the shots that are opticals, and even those have been dramatically improved, which just goes to show if you take time dealing with the opticals you can make them at least look of a piece with what comes before and after.

That's great, BK! 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:21 PM »

Good Evening!

My bus ride in this morning was nice and easy. No traffic at all at the Lincoln Tunnel.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2011, 11:18:28 PM »

And once I was back in Manhattan, I immediately took care of some errands. Those too were nice and easy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »

Then I had lunch with former/E&T DR Jason.  He's doing well, and he leaves for his three-month gig in Japan a month from today.

*We had lunch at East of Eighth, and since I'm on their email list, my lunch entree was on them thanks to their birthday promotion.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »

And then the rest of my was spent shopping (window and otherwise), eating and catching up with some friends. And to top it all off, it was another gorgeous day in NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »

And in a few hours I will be hopping on a bus back down to DC.  I was supposed to take Amtrak, but they're still dealing with damaged tracks between NYC and Philadelphia. Luckily, I checked my train status earlier tonight instead in the morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

~~~~~VIBES TO THE VIXFAMILY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »

And now I really must try to get a few hours sleep. As soon as I get off the bus in DC I'll be going into rehearsal, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up