Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRY TO REMEMBER THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER  (Read 10261 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: TRY TO REMEMBER THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »

And...

PAGE TWO!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:58 AM »

And...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 07:58:44 AM »

Thanks, but this is not an option.  The show must go on.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »

Waiting for the Piano Tuner..... She said between 8:30 and 9:00.....she had a 7:30 am...that seems a bit early to be tuning pianos, lol.  Anyway, I hope she arrives soon.   Guess I could make breakfast. I'm not going to work until the piano is tuned

DR Cillaliz - Piano tuners start their days early(!!!)!!. I still remember the one my parents would call would always have a slot at 7:00am if needed. -He would do that for events that started at 8:00am, as well as for those customers who wanted to get their pianos tuned before they headed to their 9:00am-5:00pm job.

That came in handy one year when I had a morning competition slot and I was traveling from Richmond to Arlington the night before. Our piano technician actually showed up at 6:30am(!!!), and not only did he tune the piano, but he also took care of some other routine maintenance. I was able to get in an hour of warm-up/practice from 8:00am-9:00am before heading to the venue.

Turns out the 7:30 was a dentist appointment for her kids, lol.   When I grew up, the only piano tuner around was a big Norwegian named Lars Olson.  Or something like that...I know it was Mr. Olson. He had a very heavy accent. He couldn't see very well, but he still drove a car,lol.    It's funny to see a young woman show up talking about taking her kids to the dentist.   It's been years since it was tuned. She expected it to be a lot worse than it is, so that's nice to hear.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:13:16 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:59 AM »

The cats are pretty freaked out about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »

At least she isn't allergic to cats and doesn't mind them so I don't have to lock them in a room or anything

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »

Last night right before I left work I sent Edith an email giving her a raise (believe me she deserves it).  Last night I dreamed she said "Oh, well thanks but I already have another job".

This morning I expected to hear from her but I didn't.   Man I was starting to worry so I called her.  I asked if she got the email, when she asked about who I said "You".  I could hear the worry in her voice and she siad "Why? Did I do something wrong?"  I laughed and said "No, I gave you a raise!" 

We both laughed, the email had somehow gone to her junk mail - she had no idea. I told her about my dream and she laughed.   I have no idea what I would do without her right now.  I'm so glad I don't have to find out

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »

So now the lawn guys are here mowing the yard, I hope that doesn't bother the piano tuner

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »

Not that the piano is in the yard, but the noise of the mowers....I guess not, she has electronics, unlike Mr. Olson who just used his ear and tuning forks

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »

My piano is sharp.  I thought for sure it would be flat.  I'm just having her tune it to itself.  I don't accompany people on it, just play for myself, so it shouldn't matter too much

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »

I had no idea all this activity went on around my house while I"m at work.  It's kind of funny.  Of course it's also going to be 94 degrees and humid today, so I'm sure everyone wants to get the outside done before it gets bad.

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:05 AM »

I haven't been on the past few days because I've been playing the piano and my $10 electric bass guitar and my guitar at night.  I can sit at the piano and the next time I look up it's 2-3 hours later.  I can't believe I haven't been playing any of my instruments for literally years.  The last time the piano was tuned was in 2002!  That's when I first moved it to Sioux City. I'm really enjoying it again and the funny thing is, as much fun as I had jamming last Friday, I'm really just playing for me now.  It would be fine if I never perform for people again, I just love to play.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »

The other thing I'm noticing is that my wrists and fingers don't hurt as much as they normally do when I get up in the morning.  I guess the exercise is good for them

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »

Did I mention I got the photos from my birthday party.  The outfit I put on and thought I looked so great in makes me look as big as a barn!!   So, It's time to lose weight, and to stop wearing that outfit in public!   

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »

It's a long way to page 3

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:44 AM »

I'm doing the best I can,

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:27 AM »

I haven't caught up on the days I've been gone, so VIBES if you need them, Happy Birthday if I missed it, and Congrats! if you did something to be congratulated for.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:56 AM »

Now time for another cup of coffee!

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:48 AM »

Today, I'm going to Jail.......well to visit.  Tomorrow I have a number of things going on....on the day before a three day weekend, what judge in his right mind isn't taking the day off?  Anyway, after that I'm staying home this weekend.  I'm going to a pot luck, to Art Splash - our annual art festival, and if Sunday and Monday are nice, I may paint the gazebo.   It's the only project I haven't gotten done that was on my to do  list for the summer. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 08:41:04 AM »

And the word of the day is: CORUSCATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GLITTER AND BE GAY

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We're off to Michigan today for a weekend of wedding festivities - everybody's pretty excited!

HAVE A PERFECT LONG WEEKEND!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »

TOD: I moved to San Antonio to be the dining critic for the paper. On my first night here, I knew nobody in town, didn't know where to turn. So I went to a restaurant near my hotel that had been heavily advertised in a circular at the hotel. Tex-Mex. Signature food of the new town. What could be better?

What could be worse? Horrible margarita. Tasted like it was made with Mountain Dew. Beans that had been microwaved with some sort of metal in them. They were too hot to heat after 30 minutes. When I finally could taste them, all I could taste was liquid smoke in all its artificial glory. Enchiladas so rubbery and cheap, some sort of guisada that all you could taste was flour.

I remember thinking, what have I gotten myself into?

After close to 13 years here, it still ranks as one of the worst dining experiences ever.

Was that restaurant also your first review?

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »

DR JENNIFER (And any other BIG BROTHER watchers)

BB SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>

I really liked the way the twist worked out.  I like Rachael a whole lot more than I used to and the others are really showing their true colors.  The next HOH competition is going to be very interesting

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »

Travel and wedding vibes for DR GINNY.....such fun!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - maybe you will have a kitten on the keys when you get released from jail.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 08:54:21 AM »

Here are Walter and Marion Hollander....tourists or spies?  You decide.  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 08:58:06 AM »

I am cat-sitting for one of my condo neighbors this long Labor Day week (started Tuesday and ends Sunday).  Thus far, I've not seen "Miss Vee" (or "Baby Girl") as she is shy and hides under her mistress' bed.

I'm told she's a rescue cat, she's 4 1/2, she has no teeth, and she's mostly fur (Persian genes).  I long to pet her, so I bide my time in my neighbor's condo while changing water and refreshing food.  Miss Vee doesn't eat soft food, and she can't chew.  So, she gets regular chow and water is sprinkled on it to make it "gummable."

A couple of years have passed since I cat-sat for this same neighbor.  At that time she had "Mister Mo"...a ginormous cat who was also a rescue cat.  He was the largest (not fattest) dometic cat I'd ever seen.  He was a delight.  My neighbor was a single mom at the time, and her house was neat and orderly.

She now has a boyfriend.  All his furniture has been moved in and hers ported out (in living room, that is).  All is heavily covered to keep the cat fur off.  Tons of artwork on the walls.  GOOD art, too, but decidedly dark for the apartment.  My neighbor's wonderful lights are now gone from her balcony door.  I know the two had just come in off a camping trip and were packing for the Labor Day getaway, but I walked into a germo-o-phobe's nightmare.  The kitching was filthy EVERYwhere.  I felt so bad for the cat.  I have been cleaning up a bit since Tuesday evening.  The countertops and all items kept on the countertops are clean.  A bowl of fruit, rotting, as it were, is heavily covered and on the counter.  "They" covered it.  The fruit flies are everywhere.  Frankly, I'm appalled, but what can I do.  I cannot throw the fruit out.  I'm risking a cursing out just by cleaning up a bit.  The floor is pitiful and needs a good scrub.  I may just sweep.  The carpets desperately need vaccuming to get up all the cat fur that is EVERYwhere.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:59:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »

What a shame.  Too bad you can't pack up the cat, litter box & food & take them home with you for the weekend.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »

I think Jane has a good idea there.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »

With all that filth I hope the litter box is clean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up