Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH DUDGEON  (Read 9496 times)

Ginny

Re: HIGH DUDGEON
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

Thank you, DR George!

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »

I had some lunch, I've been lazy, I've been proofing, I've been listening to Nudie commentary tracks all afternoon, and I've been slowly doing fixes on the Gardenia commentary.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »

Love the photos Ginny!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:33 PM »

And now...

I'm going to finish folding my laundry, and head to bed.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »

And now, to celebrate your lazy holiday afternoon ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0wEngzDCc

That's funny, Laura. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »

Thank you, DR Cillaliz!

I'm about to crash, so - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »

Does anyone watch Castle?  The promo makes me want to watch the season premier.  I've only see a few episodes

I really like this show.  The banter/chemistry between Castle and Beckett is quite good.  I can't imagine that a pairing like this could happen in real life, but that's what TV is for, right?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »

My Irish actor's cousin Colin is on RIZZOLI & ISLES again tonight.

My niece loves this show.  I've been recording it for her.  She'll buy the DVDs once they're released (and she's assuming that they will be), but until then, she's watching them as they're broadcast and she'll have the burned DVDs that I make.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

i had so much fun finding the treasures in my garage.  A few things were fragile and a few valuable and I'm shocked they are still in good shape after this many years.   

When I sold my house at the lake I threw out a lot of stuff, donated some, and gave away a lot, so some things I can't find from time to time, I figured were gone.   When I left the lake many of the boxes were just stored in my basement in my old house in Sioux City and when I moved here they were just moved unopened.  Many of them were just stacked by the movers in the storeroom in my garage.  I've been  thinking I'll go through them later, but I never do. Tonight I was frustrated when I couldn't find something I KNOW I didn't get rid of.  I didn't find what I was looking for tonight,  but I found many other things that I really want to keep and I  had no idea that some of the things I found out there were there. 

I also found a few things that I've kept since I was a kid and I may try to sell on eBay ...

Laura

« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »

That's great that you found your old treasures, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »

Yeah, some are things like my autograph books from grade school, my calendar from high school where I wrote EVERYTHING.  A couple journals....then there is my Royals plate collection.  I have Queen Elizabeth's coronation, the Royal family when they were young.  the queen's silver jubilee, charles and di's wedding, and expecting the first child.   I stopped the collection after that, lol.   I guess I could check out eBay to see about the rest of the events since then

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »

Some final thoughts on weekend cat-sitting.

Despite the headway I thought I'd made Friday evening with Miss V (the "V" is for "Valentina"), I never saw her again.  Not of her own volition, that is.  She remained firmly planted under her mistress' bed during my visits Saturday and Sunday.  I let her be, but I did get on hands and knees to ensure I could see she was there and alive.  Of course, her food plate was my best clue.

Karen, her mistress, stopped by to pick up her key and asked me how things went.  I told her all I'd reported here about Miss V's activities (or lack, thereof).  I was warmly thanked.

I learned that Miss V left a prezzy for Karen's boyfriend on his bathroom rug.  I never looked in there, so I don't know when it was left.   Miss V was obviously not a happy camper with the household situation.   She did come out for Karen and allowed herself to be stroked for a short while...and then it was back under the bed.

Karen acknowledges there is mutual loathing between Miss V and "Tom", the boyfriend.   Oh, well.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:00:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »

Miss Vee is not amused with the condition of her home since Tom moved in, apparently.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »

Topic of the Day (in alphabetical order):

Andre's Mother
Consenting Adult
An Early Frost
The Day After That
Mrs. Santa Claus
Queen of the Stardust Ballroom
The Stand
Wit

George

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »

And right now, I'm watching the DVD of a Lifetime made-for-TV movie, Prayers for Bobby.  Talk about emotional. :'( It's a real-life story about a conservative religious woman played by Sigourney Weaver whose son Bobby killed himself when he was 20 years old.  She eventually questions her strict beliefs and becomes a gay rights advocate.  According to the Wikipedia article, it was nominated for several awards, and it won the 2010 GLAAD Award.

George

« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »

There's also a website with a lot of information:  www.prayersforbobby.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2011, 11:31:58 PM »

Welcome forty-seven GUESTS.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up