Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DETECTIVE  (Read 14942 times)

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE DETECTIVE
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »

Yes DR JANE....My Heart....I got it at Amazon.com for $19.02 + Shipping  I think Tuesday is the release date.
....it has an undertaste.....

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »

Whew...the price has gone up.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »

Page Three Doris Day CD dance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »

Little recording session went very well - Melody replaced her two things and I recorded dialogue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »

Did the four-mile jog and now have to eat something before I pass out.

Laura

• "Sooorry."
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

That was great, Ginny.  :)
Wendy: "You can't stick it on with soap, Peter. It needs sewing."

Grandson: "Sassy, I like this show. I want to come back and see it again tomorrow."

Laura

• "Sooorry."
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »

Two active kittens sure can make a big mess.

Grandson: "Sassy, I like this show. I want to come back and see it again tomorrow."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »

One more depressing story of the moronic and cruel behavior of fools who will never learn:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/us/13bully.html?_r=1&src=tp&smid=fb-share

The older I get, the more I want the right to kill.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »

:)   Please let me know what you think of it?

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »

:D

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »

DR Elmore, don't kill...but I do understand.

This part of the story had me reading twice....."A group of district parents who are closely allied with the family council declined to be interviewed. Their Web site says that depression among gay teenagers is often the fault of gay rights advocates who create hopelessness: “When a child has been deliberately misinformed about the causes of homosexuality and told that homosexual acts are normal and natural, all hope for recovery is taken away.”

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »

DR JRand61, my favorite Carroll Baker performance is in the film BRIDGE TO THE SUN.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:58 PM »

One more depressing story of the moronic and cruel behavior of fools who will never learn:

The older I get, the more I want the right to kill.

I don't understand it.  Whatever the adult opinions are regarding gays how can they approve of bullying children!?!?!?!

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »

One of my favorites too, DR MBARNUM - although Carroll's clothes and hairstyles were more 1961 than 1941....and of course James Shigeta was most excellent.

Disturbing story DR ELMORE.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

I will DR JANE.

I wondered about the origin of the original tapes for the DD CD....but there wasn't much forthcoming from SONY UK.....a reviewer on Amazon has said.....and the song titles seem to indicate it is so.....that these were songs recorded for DD's television series called Doris Day and Friends that was on the old CBN television network back in the mid 1980's.....my guess is that is correct, although they claim quite a bit of clean up, etc, was done on them....

We shall see....I really didn't think she had gone back into the studio....although the notices about the release seem to want us to believe that was so.....

"First NEW studio recordings since....."  and all that......

It is number 9 in sales at Amazon.com which I hope makes someone happy, and some $$$ for Doris' animals.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »

And now I am off to do my 12 lines in the 4th performance of Don't Drink the Water!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »

ONE active kitten can sure make a big mess, too!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

Regarding the comment in that NY Times article suggesting that gay rights advocates are responsible for the depression of gay teens, I have to ask if there is NO LIMIT to the depths some people will stoop to create an agenda of hatred?   

Gay teens are depressed because of being NOT accepted....not because of advocates who tell them they have the right to be who they are.

It's just another cog in the wheel of stupid that runs this country we live in.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 02:31:27 PM »

DR Elmore, don't kill...but I do understand.

This part of the story had me reading twice....."A group of district parents who are closely allied with the family council declined to be interviewed. Their Web site says that depression among gay teenagers is often the fault of gay rights advocates who create hopelessness: “When a child has been deliberately misinformed about the causes of homosexuality and told that homosexual acts are normal and natural, all hope for recovery is taken away.”

I'm tired of the US government being underwritten by bigots, fools, idiots, morons, fanatics, and their ilk. It's pathetic that this country has become the pawns of these pieces of scum.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »

Speaking of other signs of stupidity, the US postal service, which told me the 4 lb package I mailed to Dublin on Sept 3 would arrive in six days, has no idea where the package is. All I have is the customs form number and the fools running the post office can neither account for the package's current location nor why a package considered a priority mail item is such low priority. And these asses are claiming the US Postal Service is up to their necks in debt. With such pathetic service, is it any wonder?

I just sent them an email asking once again if they knew where the package might be, reminding them at the same time that Fed Ex would have had it to Dublin in less than a week and that I could have tracked the damned thing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »

This is just wrong. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »

I wonder if this is damage control or just more free publicity:

Gershwin and Heyward Estates Greenlight The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess for Broadway

"I believe that the changes incorporated in this new version preserve DuBose's and Dorothy's intentions, while enhancing the portrayal of the story's characters and instilling a pace that maintains excitement from beginning to end," said Albert J. Cardinali of The DuBose and Dorothy Heyward Memorial Fund in a statement.

Michael Strunsky of The Ira and Leonore S. Gershwin Trusts, added the following statement: "…I would like to congratulate the team behind the American Repertory Theater's production of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (which, incidentally, has been the trademarked title for all productions performed over the past fifteen years)…They have taken the heart of the piece and adapted it to the conventions of contemporary musical theatre and the result is an exhilarating and stunning theatrical experience."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »

I wonder if this is damage control or just more free publicity:

Gershwin and Heyward Estates Greenlight The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess for Broadway

"I believe that the changes incorporated in this new version preserve DuBose's and Dorothy's intentions, while enhancing the portrayal of the story's characters and instilling a pace that maintains excitement from beginning to end," said Albert J. Cardinali of The DuBose and Dorothy Heyward Memorial Fund in a statement.

Michael Strunsky of The Ira and Leonore S. Gershwin Trusts, added the following statement: "…I would like to congratulate the team behind the American Repertory Theater's production of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (which, incidentally, has been the trademarked title for all productions performed over the past fifteen years)…They have taken the heart of the piece and adapted it to the conventions of contemporary musical theatre and the result is an exhilarating and stunning theatrical experience."

Can we count our profits now?

I hope this falls flatter than my mother's first cake.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:51:21 PM by elmore3003 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

Speaking of other signs of stupidity, the US postal service, which told me the 4 lb package I mailed to Dublin on Sept 3 would arrive in six days, has no idea where the package is. All I have is the customs form number and the fools running the post office can neither account for the package's current location nor why a package considered a priority mail item is such low priority. And these asses are claiming the US Postal Service is up to their necks in debt. With such pathetic service, is it any wonder?

I just sent them an email asking once again if they knew where the package might be, reminding them at the same time that Fed Ex would have had it to Dublin in less than a week and that I could have tracked the damned thing.

I have a feeling that it's trapped in the black hole of CUSTOMS.  Once a package leaves U.S.P.S. jurisdiction and gets into Customs, all contact with the package is totally at the mercy of the Customs agents.

Laura

• "Sooorry."
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »

I agree with Ron P.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Laura

• "Sooorry."
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:08 PM »

Or you can add a scoop of ice cream and eat it all yourself if you are not feeling virtuous.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

But being 10 seconds away from Blueberry Crumble ice cream is even more dangerous.  :)

FJL

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »

We are three posts away from page 4

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »

I have a feeling that it's trapped in the black hole of CUSTOMS.  Once a package leaves U.S.P.S. jurisdiction and gets into Customs, all contact with the package is totally at the mercy of the Customs agents.

This is very true, DR Elmore.

This happens ever time I order something off Ebay from a particular seller in a particular section of India. All my other India packages arrive in about 2 weeks time, but his often take 2 months because they get held up in customs.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up