Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NO MORE BULLETS IN DODGE CITY  (Read 18104 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: NO MORE BULLETS IN DODGE CITY
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2011, 04:24:12 PM »

Oh, how many hours does 3 weeks equal?

Amazon says that the Kindle battery will last up to two months (with the wireless off).  BUT...at reading ONLY a half hour a day!  They estimate only a half hour of reading a day?  You'd think that it would be easier (and less misleading) to say that it lasts up to 30 hours and let people decide how they want to estimate their "monthly" use.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »

I spent the day being driven around in Vixdad's car which was being driven by the Vixter

DR vixmom - Was that the vixter's facial expression? Or yours? ;)

Does that last post answer your question?

DR vixmom - Well... If the vixter was driving around with that previous expression, well... ;D

In her defense it is difficult to concentrate on driving when there is someone sitting next to you gasping and clutching her heart and trying desperately to stop the car by slamming her feet down on the floorboards
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »

Oh! I guess it's to get ready for the evening show.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »

I just found out that the Kindle is also an MP3 player so I added some MP3 files to it. 

Well, listening to Dreamgirls in Korean is quite...interesting.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »

Deb, did Vixter end up getting an e-reader as well? She had asked me about the merits of various brands.

not yet - though she greatly appreciated your input  -- she is still trying to decide which system she likes best   since her dad surprised me with the Nook  she is thinking about the Kindle or  Sony to keep our joint options open  it turned out that she only had to buy three books this semester and none of them were available as ebooks   we were able to get 2 of them used for under $10 each and only had to shellout the big bucks  ($170!!!)  for one book ----
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:13:19 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »

Vixter: =_= I didn't do THAT bad Mom, stop over-reacting. =____= The gasping nearly made me crash us five or so times.

Mom says she'll be back soon, But I stole the computer to see what she was writing about me. Gonna go see Lion King 3D now. Gonna cry when Scar tries to kill me. Love you all!!!

Ben

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

Deb, did Vixter end up getting an e-reader as well? She had asked me about the merits of various brands.

not yet - though she greatly appreciated your input  -- she is stil ltrying to decide which system she likes best   since her dad surprised me with the Nook  she is thinking about the Kindle or  Sony to keep our joint options open  it turned out that she only had to buy three books this semester and none of them were available as ebooks   we were able to get 2 of them used for under $10 each and only had to sellout the big bugs  $170!!!  for one book ----

Wow!!! $170 for one book! I'm glad I'm not in school anymore.

Just remember, though, if Vix does get a Kindle or a Sony that you cannot move PURCHASED books between the different readers. There are some loan options for some readers though I'm not clear about which ones or how they work other than if you do loan a book to a friend then YOU CANNOT READ IT WHILE YOUR FRIEND HAS IT!!! I know it's the same as if you loaned them the real book but still, they are making some things stupidly hard. Also loaning has to happen between the same model readers, you can't loan from a Nook to a Kindle or a Sony.

Laura

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »

I found some okra at the farmer's market this morning. I am roasting it. I have never fixed it this way.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »

not yet - though she greatly appreciated your input  -- she is stil ltrying to decide which system she likes best   since her dad surprised me with the Nook  she is thinking about the Kindle or  Sony to keep our joint options open  it turned out that she only had to buy three books this semester and none of them were available as ebooks   we were able to get 2 of them used for under $10 each and only had to sellout the big bugs  $170!!!  for one book ----

I am glad that you could sell out the big bugs!  I try to keep the screen closed so that I don't have the big bugs.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »

I found some okra at the farmer's market this morning. I am roasting it. I have never fixed it this way.

I didn't realize that okra was good for anything but gumbo.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »

Hmmm, interesting!  Every time I show up, Doug R disappears.  Has anyone ever seen the two of us in the same place at the same time?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »

Hmmm, interesting!  Every time I show up, Doug R disappears.  Has anyone ever seen the two of us in the same place at the same time?

I was going for a THREE FACES OF TCB with that question.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »

Yum. It is good roasted. I should have bought more!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »

I'm going to have to plant some next year.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »

Yum. It is good roasted. I should have bought more!

Do you dip it in chocolate?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

No. Just olive oil, salt, and pepper.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »

I just found out that the Kindle is also an MP3 player so I added some MP3 files to it. 

;)

George, I am still trying to wrap my head around DREAMGIRLS, in Korean.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »

;)

Okay, I am convinced.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/14/theater/14drea.html

“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »

Congratulations to DRs George and Elmore on their new Kindles!  Here are 2 websites from which I receive daily email notices of free items available:

www.pixelofink.com

www.ereaderiq.com

Richard and I have had our Kindles for almost a year now and we love them.  Yes, they're clunky for internet browsing and posting, but will do in a pinch.  And, yes, keep the wi-fi and 3G turned off whenever possible.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »

I almost picked up this book free for my Kindle.  I don't really care about the story, but I like the cover.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »

I almost picked up this book free for my Kindle.  I don't really care about the story, but I like the cover.

Another disciple of the Michael Barnum method of book selection!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »

We have been to Cincinnati for a lovely birthday dinner for Rob at Montgomery Inn.  My Mother went with us and we all enjoyed watching the hot air balloons that landed in the field across from her building.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »

Oh, how many hours does 3 weeks equal?

Amazon says that the Kindle battery will last up to two months (with the wireless off).  BUT...at reading ONLY a half hour a day!  They estimate only a half hour of reading a day?  You'd think that it would be easier (and less misleading) to say that it lasts up to 30 hours and let people decide how they want to estimate their "monthly" use.

They want it to sound better, but only half an hour a day,  ::)

Jane

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »

I spent the day being driven around in Vixdad's car which was being driven by the Vixter

DR vixmom - Was that the vixter's facial expression? Or yours? ;)

Does that last post answer your question?

DR vixmom - Well... If the vixter was driving around with that previous expression, well... ;D

In her defense it is difficult to concentrate on driving when there is someone sitting next to you gasping and clutching her heart and trying desperately to stop the car by slamming her feet down on the floorboards

LOL.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

We have been to Cincinnati for a lovely birthday dinner for Rob at Montgomery Inn.  My Mother went with us and we all enjoyed watching the hot air balloons that landed in the field across from her building.

A double birthday treat.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »

I am very glad that Rob got invited along for this birthday meal.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »

not yet - though she greatly appreciated your input  -- she is stil ltrying to decide which system she likes best   since her dad surprised me with the Nook  she is thinking about the Kindle or  Sony to keep our joint options open  it turned out that she only had to buy three books this semester and none of them were available as ebooks   we were able to get 2 of them used for under $10 each and only had to sellout the big bugs  $170!!!  for one book ----

I am glad that you could sell out the big bugs!  I try to keep the screen closed so that I don't have the big bugs.

why TCB I don't know  WHAT you're talking about....
 ;) ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »

;) ;D

;D
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »

sssshhhh your secret identity will be blown!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »

;) ;D

Just remember that big bugs are still bettter than bed bugs.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up